Drop rate - thoughts?

Reseac
25 posts Member
edited October 2017
I have been going for the nightsisters for a week now. Have had some good drop rates. Now that events are here and announcement, my drop rates have...dropped. Considerably. Just this morning, zero shards out of 9 attempts for Talia. As a veteran in this game, it’s nothing new but it is very frustrating. Percentage manipulation to get us to buy packs is dishonest but within their right. Integrity will keep this game alive. Anything else will not. (I know this won’t be on here long. Criticism isn’t allowed on here)
Post edited by Reseac on

Replies

• Options
    It may well just be your perecption of drop rates that has changed. The closer you get to needing something, the more you hope for high drops, so the more disappointed you are when the drops are poor for a day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Criticism or feedback within the forum guidelines is always alowed.

Moved to the correct sub forum.

As a long time player you should know that drop rates don't change and even without an announcement you can go 0/9 and probably have. This would just be an example of confirmation bias.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Its less to do with perception and more to do with the very random nature of the random number generator.

when the going is good. you might get 5 drops from a single energy refresh. when the goung is not so good, i have had days were i wont get a single drop from 3 energy refreshes.

NEVER do you get 12/12 for gear you want.
    Many times you get 0/12
    most times 3/12
    SOMETIMES 5/12
    VERY RARE 6 or more out of 12.

so this hogwash about it being 33% over all average is a complete myth. its much less.

GuanIsHere wrote: »
    It may well just be your perecption of drop rates that has changed. The closer you get to needing something, the more you hope for high drops, so the more disappointed you are when the drops are poor for a day.

The drops are poor every day.
    thats why i only spend crystals now to hit 600 tickets. I hate paying 150 crystals for zero drops of gear/shards i need

Edit. And dont start me on Zeta drops. that conversation will not end well