Top 20 player, but how do I improve?

In arena I'm running:
Sidious (leader, 7*, max gear)
Lumi (7*, max gear)
Poggle (7* max gear)
Rey (5* max gear and farming from hard battles)
Poe (5* max gear)
Other characters that I have rivaling places in this team are:
Dooku 5*
Ig86 6* (farming from GW)
I am farming in 88 in arena. I am wondering whether I should continue farming GS (currently 3*) or move onto dooku in cantina. I am also in two minds about continuing Poe to 6* or moving onto QGJ. What should I move my team towards and aim to have in the future?
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Farm GS with all your heart and all your love.

When he's battle ready, go with Sid GS Dooku Lumi (88) and Poe .

You will be No 1

• Options
    Yes farm gs and dooku
    Phasma and daka are also awesome
  • Hellhound500
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Forget 88, he's too fragile, if i ever see him in anyone's team he is the first to die. Always a 1 shot kill.

Get Geo Soldier, 100% the best bang for your buck farm character at the moment. At gear 9 he will pretty much 1 shot (with his assist skill) anyone with 10k or less life. 11k or even 12 if you Sid AOE first. This is my best way of dealing with the First Order Pilots and QGJs everyone is running and pretty much wins the match against AI immediately. Also as he costs 8 energy per node to farm compared to 12 for Dooku it's a lot faster to farm GS.

Poe to 6* is a matter of health. Mine is 6* and the extra health has been the difference between him surviving and eating 1 more AI attack and dying in 2 hits. It's been a game changer for me.

QGJ is a bit of a wild card. I've found he is most useful as a swap in for Poe when you face a fast non Poe team who is trying to inflict critical damage before your Poe can taunt up. Using QGJ as lead and throwing in Lumi (in my case for Poggle) is a way to get Lumi's heal out quicker due to the Jedi speed boost and also get a fast hit out, with GS and Sid you can usually kill 1 or 2 getting lucky with assists. QGJ also gives you a replacement for Poogle's damage buff but with a couple of caveats. Firstly, they must have a buff on them to purge and they must survive the hit... Awkward I know. He can be used without Leader as a way around Poe since this ability will remove taunt and it goes after Poe. He does have low life though so the AI likes to pick him off a lot.

Your main advantage in Arena is the AI. Use the new Lobby view to maximum effect, learn how much damage you can do by the time key enemy units have their turn and pick off slower units to get the advantage

Holding down on each enemy unit allows you to see skill levels and at the bottom you can access their stats. The current meta is basically all fast DPS teams. Everyone has around 9.5-11k health so you can plan a priority list

For instance if your opponent has Poe, chances are they are relying on his taunt as a win condition with a glass cannon. Your aim then is to get off enough hits with units of speed 143 or higher to kill that glass canon or Poe.

The next step to laddering is timing, since everyone has the same advantages (visibility of your team and the AI being an ****) you have to plan to start and finish your arena run as late as possible. I start at 5 and finish at 5:55 most days. Most people stop at 5:30 and you can use this to get a jump on the crowd once they are out of tries. This is a dangerous game though, as you can miss the timing because you got distracted or lost connection and end up worse off and it's 1 fight per 10 mins so it's a tight window. However you can in theory get from rank 21 to rank 1 in your 5 attacks and it's always worth spending the 50 crystals on refresh if you can break the top 5. Every rank after 6 is worth 50 crystals. So even moving 1 rank from 6 to 5 is worth that spend.
    Post edited by Hellhound500 on
  • Options
    In arena I'm running:
    Sidious (leader, 7*, max gear)
    Lumi (7*, max gear)
    Poggle (7* max gear)
    Rey (5* max gear and farming from hard battles)
    Poe (5* max gear)
    Other characters that I have rivaling places in this team are:
    Dooku 5*
    Ig86 6* (farming from GW)
    I am farming in 88 in arena. I am wondering whether I should continue farming GS (currently 3*) or move onto dooku in cantina. I am also in two minds about continuing Poe to 6* or moving onto QGJ. What should I move my team towards and aim to have in the future?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Level Poe and Rey, or drop Poe for Dooku. As fast as you are you almost don't need Poe.

GS would help and or Qui.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I've since dropped Poe and am using dooku until GS is 6* to replace him. I am now farming QGJ and will farm dooku to 7* after GS gets to 7*. If the opponent doesn't have QGJ then I use 86 instead for extra damage.