Secrets and Shadows Assault Battles [MERGE]

Prev1
Enye164
267 posts Member
edited October 2017
Bonus Tier on Darth Sidious

Can't we ever stun DSid from Zeb's kit? Tier1&2 were fairly easy, the first 3x rounds of the Bonus Tier as well, but, how do we go around Sid?

im using Staggers for delay, but, Sid is just too bulky and too fast to use his AoE, Ezra and Kanan are missing shots since theyre Jedi.. help. lol

using gear 10's Ezra Hera, 9chopper, the rest are @8.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    When he one shots half of your team with good protection mods.

Also sidious doesn't have protection,usually.
  • Options
    i used stagger to keep his tm down and keep spamming sabines darksaber to lower his defence.
  • Options
    Of course Sid has protection usually. Except under Nilly lead
  • Options
    I three starred tier 2 use stagger to keep turn meter down tier 3 is the real challenge
  • Options
    Ye he s tough and I couldn't stun him either with zeb. Did what @Kalano mentioned above and just lowered his tm with stagger.
  • Options
    Sidious is insane! 3/5 of my Phoenix killed with one shot!
    My Sidious is Z and G11: I want the same insane power for him!!!
  • Options
    Good old rng, I lost 3 times as he aoed and took out 3 toons. 4 attempt he didn't and I beat him, once past him it got easy
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    what gear do you guys have

//So i need to work around zeb,i think i'll give him the speed mods of my higher characters
  • Options
    My pheonix are all g8 except Hera g9 and Ezra g7
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    what speed is your ̶z̶e̶b̶ phoenix?
  • Options
    He’s immune to stun. Use the special ability w chopper, Zeus stagger and Kanan offense down. His attack order seems random so try a few runs. if he does the AOE w offense down, everyone still had a little protection. Obviously make sure all abilities are reset.

Used G11 Ezra, g7 kanan, chopper, Hera and zeb g8. Raid lvl mods on Ezra, junk mods on the rest.
  • Options
    Hera 201
    Zeb 168
    Kanan I just realized he had no mods still got past
    Chopper same
    Ezra same

So you should be ok
  • Options
    I don't use chopper
  • Options
    Sidious seems to be doing ?30/40k damage to everyone during his AOE.

Don't think it's WAI.

At least it doesn't seem like it.

Also, immunity to stun is annoying... On both him and nihilus
  • Options
    Yep, 40k crit on zeb - more to the others.

They've done this before with palpatine auto one shotting a character in the empire assault.

But an AOE insta wipe - I get this event is partly to show off the resurrection powers of the nightsisters, but this is actually not fun.
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    its B-Sttery really ,EA as usual
  • Options
    I have completed the bonus tier with g9 Chopper and ezra, gear 8 hera and Sabine, gear 7 zeb. I have slightly better than average mods on them. You can check them out: http://swgoh.gg/u/edmar/

The trick is to delay with 2 staggers (Zeb and Sabine) Sid turn as more as possible. But he will hit you eventually because those staggers are not enough. So before the Sid turn, I put backup plan on sabine and 3rd zeb skill on hera. All were alive except Sabine but she revived. And then you have 2 Sid turns to finish him before he use aoe again.

It took me 5-6 tries to finish. Just try and you will complete it!
  • Options
    It's meant to be challenging
  • Options
    Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    I have completed the bonus tier with g9 Chopper and ezra, gear 8 hera and Sabine, gear 7 zeb. I have slightly better than average mods on them. You can check them out: http://swgoh.gg/u/edmar/

The trick is to delay with 2 staggers (Zeb and Sabine) Sid turn as more as possible. But he will hit you eventually because those staggers are not enough. So before the Sid turn, I put backup plan on sabine and 3rd zeb skill on hera. All were alive except Sabine but she revived. And then you have 2 Sid turns to finish him before he use aoe again.

It took me 5-6 tries to finish. Just try and you will complete it!
  • Options
    put zetas on all your pheonix. problem solved.
  • Options
    So my Phoenix team was good enough to 7* Thrawn but can't beat a level 84 Sid, hahaha okay
  • Options
    I used nightsis only team... Ventress, talia, daka, acolite and iniciate. TM control was crutial... Ventress lead gives tm reduction chance for nightsis and Talia has stagger.
    If u need to boost tm control, i recommend to use mixed team Ventress, Talia, daka, zeb, sabine ;)
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's meant to be challenging

It not challenging when Sidious is OHKOing g11 toons

I mean really, hard is one thing. Regardless of what you do, Sid wipes out the entire squad. This is for teir 3, btw, not teir 2.

• Options
    Daka, Talia and ventress gear 10/11 + any combination of 2x gear 7/ phoenix - not possible.

A rag tag full team of gear 7 phoenix - auto and win the bonus tier.

Do the original nightsisters really suck THAT much?
  • Options
    Hit auto and pray RNG.
  • Options
    Guys, several people tell you that the challenge is beatable and share their advices. Instead of whining that it is impossible, just read and use advices. Good luck!
  • Options
    Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    Guys, several people tell you that the challenge is beatable and share their advices. Instead of whining that it is impossible, just read and use advices. Good luck!
    It's possible but there are quite some stuff going on against the Phoenix team when you fight tier 3 Sidious. Once again it's a case of one winning combination, if you don't have it, tough luck.

Here the solution is Sabine. Ezra is a Jedi so he will miss a lot against Sidious, he's out for this fight. As the fight can't be controlled because Zeb can't somehow land a stun, you absolutely need a consistent damage dealer. In the Phoenix team, you're left with Sabine. That's it. Mine is not ready yet, I put my resources on Chopper but she will be the next time the event rolls. I'll get my revenge Sidious...
  • Pieriku
    73 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I used more or less the same tactics. Stagger with Zeb and Sabine, event special ability on Kanan (to speed up everybody else) with backup plan on him and defence buff on whoever needs it. Took me a few attemps but could manage to get past Sidious. And Nihilus was quite easy compared to him.
  • Options
    Did it without Sabine, had ezra in my team.

Yeah, I remember thinking --- why is he never landing a single hit.?

Now I remember.