What's the policy on cheats?

Straight answer, please. There's a cheat in my shard who has been reported multiple times and he disappeared every time, only to make a come back after a break. What's the policy? Are we wasting our time reporting him? Are we wasting our money spending on the game? It's obvious a cheat is not spending any money. And it's obvious the devs have taken some kind of action, that's why he disappears. But he keeps on popping back up. Just tell us you accept this kind of behavior and we won't waste any time using screenshots and reporting.

Replies

• Options
    Cheating is directly against the rules for this game. Don’t stop reporting, the devs will deal with them eventually
  • Options
    Assuming he is cheating and assuming every time his ban is temporary, then your assumption of him not spending any money cannot possibly be correct. I’m sure CG has zero problem permanently ban any f2p without mercy. The only thing that would make them only slap on his hand every time is that he spends $ in the game.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    There's a dude on my arena that was trying to keep the sith alive for a long while after CLS exploded on the scene. You'd see the sith savior guy bounce all over the top 50 and out of the top 50 daily. I saw him as a placeholder for an easy win and tried to ally him.

He eventually caved and jacked his lightside heroes to gold, but it was obvious he didn't have CLS and hates light.

It can be done I guess, they could just be picking off the noobs that don't have a proper tuned up top 50 CLS arena squad and are spending an insane amount of purples on pvp battles? I dunno man.
  • Options
    People who lack a decent sith assassin don't know the true power of the dark side
    Mines Gear XII and can 1 shot with basic approx 30% of the CLS in my shard
    Even with changing RG you still know which people u can hit with a sith team to progress up the rank
    Doesn't make you a cheater though
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_Leviathan will be assisting @CG_LucifersDaddy with investigations into reports of ‘exceptional account behavior’and other unsavory activities. Speaking of exceptional behavior, now seems like a perfect time to give a refresher on what to do should you see something suspicious or in SWGOH.

Send a direct forum message to CG_Leviathan with the following information:
    • Your ally code (this assists with tracking the arena and battles you are seeing).
    • In-game name of player you suspect of wrong-doing (ally code if you have it).
    • Any guild names associated with this player are also helpful.
    • A brief description of the behavior observed.
    • Times / dates and in-game locations are very handy here.
    • Any other details or screenshots you wish to provide.

Thank you all for helping us help you. And while Leviathan is taking the reins on day-to-day investigations, LD is still around. He plans on spending his extra time creating a robust set of hacker-hunting tools to find and punish cheaters more efficiently and effectively.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
This discussion has been closed.