Getting floored by QGJ GS Yoda Dooku Lumi now

Prev1
That combination or swap dooku or lumi for rey. Their entire team goes first... All before Poe, lol...

What exactly was it that you hated about Poe? Dejavu...

By the time my team can kill 1 or 2 if that then Yoda gives the remaining toons 5 BUFFS!

Replies

• Options
    What we all hated about Poe is the coin toss,

Being just fast is a whole lot different IMO
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my shard. There are a few fast whale teams I have yet to beat with my top squad.

Not sure if there is a counter to it. They all move lighting fast and hit HARD.

I don't have dooku but he is my new focus in cantina as I 7 starred GS today. With all this new Jedi speed I think you have to run a top speed/dps team to take top spot.
  • Options
    I tend to face the same team types...still win 90% of the time. Still using my old , prenerf squad....Sid(L), Poggle Poe 86 88. My other toons aren't ready yet. Finished 8 today
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sorry you are having trouble but I have to admit that I smiled when I read the thread title since that is currently my exact team. :)
    I'm sure it's not that great on AI, and also my star levels aren't very high, so I won't be able to get top 5 with it. But it's strong and fun.
    Be aware that there's currently a bug that lets Yoda steal buffs that he shouldn't, so that's probably part of the problem.
    BTW Lumi and GS should not go before your Poe.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dooku is the best chance vs those teams. Need to stun QGJ. Replace Poggle vs these teams as Yoda copy Poggle buff, specislly vs droids as he copies the speed too
  • Options
    My only issue with that team is who Yoda hits first and kills turn meter. Oh and the fact that Rey still hits over 8500 even with a debuff sometimes
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure how others play this team but I don't even bother with the Yoda buff copying/distributing thing. It takes too long on a team oriented around speed.
    The two most important things Yoda does against most teams:
    1. Immediately give everyone Tenacity Up. This wreaks havoc with all the debuffs people rely on, including stuns, DOTs, exposes and turn meter reductions. I haven't had a chance to test this against a properly leveled Old Ben but the level 59 one I faced in GW today, not one debuff stuck. Also makes you effectively immune to heal-blocking.
    2. Wait for the right time and use his ability that reduces turn meter by 40%. If they are below 50%, even better.
    Any sort of buff stealing I do later on just as an added bonus, but usually isn't needed.
    Tenacity Up is key and you want it out there ASAP. The GIFs of the whole team countering Kylo are fun and all, but if you wait 3 turns to use Battle Meditation you are going to lose against a top team.
  • Options
    But one day....my 5* Yoda must remain lvl 1 for now...off topic yes...but still sad
  • Options
    That combination or swap dooku or lumi for rey. Their entire team goes first... All before Poe, lol...

What exactly was it that you hated about Poe? Dejavu...

By the time my team can kill 1 or 2 if that then Yoda gives the remaining toons 5 BUFFS!

The gripes on Poe were

1. Speed and TM

2. Coin Toss

3. Team is dead before it can move

4. Fairly cookie cutter teams

Poe is still quick with turn meter
    The coin toss is gone except on a tie
    Teams still die before you get a turn
    Teams are still fairly cookie cutter, just different shape now.

There is a bit more variation, not too much. Slower toons just are not that viable the damage is too great for them to be much of a factor, if any. My prenerf team still keeps me fluctuating from #1-10. My new idea team would have taken first today on first trial, with 3 of them not even what I consider ready, had I not been locked.

The sad thing here is no 1 or 2 toons make it this way. As @Qeltar has stated repeatedly it is the damage to health that is off balance. There are some very great toons that are simply too slow to be viable in PVP due to it. That is what needs fixing, not a toon here or toon there.

Oh here is a point to ponder. We had the who goes first coin toss that drew complaints. Now we have the Whose Dooku's stun goes off, whose crit goes off coin tosses instead. Same issue, just different shape.

I will be honest though I LOVE, I mean LOVE the new speed system it allows the thinkers to truly craft.

Oh and to the OP that is because with QGJ lead Yoda, Dooku, and QGJ are the fastest in the game(Though if I'm not mistaken a maxed Ani would be faster than QGJ) Dooku and Yoda are top 4 anyways no buff required,lol. GS no buffs taken into account is the 5th fastest. So that build is speedy, but easily beatable. I face 2 teams with builds like that daily in my top 10 and have yet to lose to it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is still quick with turn meter
    The coin toss is gone except on a tie
    Teams still die before you get a turn
    Teams are still fairly cookie cutter, just different shape now.
    Yep. The speed problem is even worse now. I'm just tired of fighting it, and I happen to like Jedi anyway. :)
    BTW this team makes mincemeat out of Poe. I have gone from avoiding Poe teams to seeking them out.
    The sad thing here is no 1 or 2 toons make it this way. As @Qeltar has stated repeatedly it is the damage to health that is off balance. There are some very great toons that are simply too slow to be viable in PVP due to it. That is what needs fixing, not a toon here or toon there.
    Speed is too important, and damage is too important. Still.
    Oh here is a point to ponder. We had the who goes first coin toss that drew complaints. Now we have the Whose Dooku's stun goes off, whose crit goes off coin tosses instead. Same issue, just different shape.
    It's not nearly as bad because of one important difference between the fast Jedi and Poe: they don't do team-wide turn meter reduction, and they are more complex characters. It's not a simple coin toss because Yoda has 4 different things he can do. Dooku has to choose a target, and there's a chance his stun won't land. With Poe it was just "hit that button on the right" and you basically won.
    So the speed problem is worse, but coin-flip problem is better.
    Oh and to the OP that is because with QGJ lead Yoda, Dooku, and QGJ are the fastest in the game(Though if I'm not mistaken a maxed Ani would be faster than QGJ) Dooku and Yoda are top 4 anyways no buff required,lol. GS no buffs taken into account is the 5th fastest. So that build is speedy, but easily beatable. I face 2 teams with builds like that daily in my top 10 and have yet to lose to it.

GQJ and Anakin are the same speed. I am working on Ani but I am not really sure where he fits in. Probably in place of Lumi but I have a very hard time with the idea of letting her go. That heal is just huge.
    I am sure this team isn't as good on defense as it is on offense. It relies on complex characters and smart target/skill selection.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Sorry you are having trouble but I have to admit that I smiled when I read the thread title since that is currently my exact team. :)
    I'm sure it's not that great on AI, and also my star levels aren't very high, so I won't be able to get top 5 with it. But it's strong and fun.
    Be aware that there's currently a bug that lets Yoda steal buffs that he shouldn't, so that's probably part of the problem.

GS has 149 speed. He always goes before Poe.
  • Options
    I am running this exact team. (Sometimes Sid or Poe over Yoda). I eat 7* Poe's for a pre-dinner snack on my way to #1 everyday. Speed is everything right now.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Speed is too important, and damage is too important. Still.

Unfortunately, we still need speed and dps to eliminate threats before the opposing team takes multiple turns or applies ability block/offense down.Unless these abilities are modified to not affect entire teams or modified to affect at most two characters, lowering damage will only give birth to another problem. And we need high single target dps to counter the high hp characters too, so that might be a potential balancing problem too.

That said, I enjoy the options we have in squad arena now. dooku, gs, rey, ben, yoda,qgj, anakin, sidious,Eeth Koth etc. Target selection and team selection are so important now in this high speed dps meta. poe has fallen off a lot, I find han a better option with 30% turn meter gain for the entire team upon taunting and 20% turn meter gain for the entire team upon being hit allowing your team to start the second turn first, and ensuring the opposing team wastes a hit or two on han.Still, not too sure about using taunters because qgj gives his entire team offense up if he dispells. Not too sure if starting first in the second round is worth it...

• Options
    The only difference here is that whales are happy b/c scrubby ftp Poe isn't hosing their 2k$$ teams. It's just as bad watching 7 star quiggles and Rey's one shot your toons. Poe was the only enabler for slow toons. There is less variance now than before Poe since nobody can use slow toons on legit vet shards.
  • Options
    I would think Rey would be in that team. Dooku and Rey are my only 2 non 7* guys and I regret that now. Dooku just wrecks a Jedi team. Having him with the jedi, that is a good idea.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    The only difference here is that whales are happy b/c scrubby ftp Poe isn't hosing their 2k$$ teams. It's just as bad watching 7 star quiggles and Rey's one shot your toons. Poe was the only enabler for slow toons. There is less variance now than before Poe since nobody can use slow toons on legit vet shards.

Even if that were true, "legit vet shards" are a very small % of the player base. So if the change benefit every other shard, it is good anyways
  • Options
    I think the devs are going to just rotate what types of teams can be top every now and then

Think about it. It would be really atupid to have a Yoda event for a crummy Yoda.

Soon HP will be king, then AOE, then something else....
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

GS has 149 speed. He always goes before Poe.

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think the biggest difference is the above team is actually difficult to acquire. Poe + droids or AOE was making everyone a top 5 contender.

I don't mind that speed is king, I just hope they make toons a little closer in differentiation, or at least able to bump up close to the top with a speed leader in place. That would balance the meta more than anything imo
  • Options
    Poe was just the scapegoat of a bad system. It was never poe's fault, but people got stubborn on nerfing him to solve their problems. It wasn't Poe that made them lose.

As a direct consequence of the absurd amount of QQing, they overnerfed Poe. The new general changes on Speed was more than enough to put him back in place. But it was easier to use him as a scapegoat instead of tweaking a bad damage/health ratio.

There is too much damage for the health toons have. There is no real difference between Health pools, and it's equally easy to kill a maxed out tank with the biggest Health pool than a maxed out glass cannon. Ok, maybe the glass cannon takes 2 hits, while the tank takes 2 and a half.

Then you have a bunch of toons who have huge Health pools, huge DPS and huge speed.
    The rest of toons simply can't compete with that, no matter what the synergies or abilities are.
    The team who goes first wins.
    That's the Speed/damage meta we are in - and hey, without Poe.

• Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I think the biggest difference is the above team is actually difficult to acquire. Poe + droids or AOE was making everyone a top 5 contender.

I don't mind that speed is king, I just hope they make toons a little closer in differentiation, or at least able to bump up close to the top with a speed leader in place. That would balance the meta more than anything imo

I think the arena reward system also mimicks US economics too much. The rich get richer and the poor keep falling behind. As soon as you get your team going they nerf it. The in- game rich can respond quickly whereas people without will spend 1 month trying to catch up to the next nerf.
  • Options

Oh, surprise surprise.
    So you raised Cain to get Poe nerfed because people were abusing Speed, but now that he is gone you have no problem in abusing Speed yourself with Jinn, uh?
    Let me guess: you didn't have Poe maxed out, did you? That was all the fuss about. Nerf the toon because I don't have it.
    Very funny indeed. Now you don't have problem with Speed just because you can play it.
    Ah, the irony.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I think the arena reward system also mimicks US economics too much. The rich get richer and the poor keep falling behind. As soon as you get your team going they nerf it. The in- game rich can respond quickly whereas people without will spend 1 month trying to catch up to the next nerf.

Mimics government regulation and how it affects people? Every new change and cost has a disparate impact on those that earn less.

But no, I'm doing OK even with a Poe nerf. Lumis speed or QGJ's leader is adding too much speed though. QGJ lead Luminara has been going before my Poe and GS gear 8 (both at 142 speed). Lumi base speed=118 + QGJ lead 23 speed (lvl 6)= 141. Anything I'm missing here?

edited to fix autocorrect
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Oh, surprise surprise.
    So you raised Cain to get Poe nerfed because people were abusing Speed, but now that he is gone you have no problem in abusing Speed yourself with Jinn, uh?
    Let me guess: you didn't have Poe maxed out, did you? That was all the fuss about. Nerf the toon because I don't have it.
    Very funny indeed. Now you don't have problem with Speed just because you can play it.
    Ah, the irony.

Where to start with this.
    1. My issue with Poe was his turn meter manipulation, not his speed. It was the turn meter games combined with his speed and tenacity that were causing the problems.
    2. I have Poe at 5* and fully geared. Many people who had Poe at 7* were among the most vocal that he needed to be fixed.
    3. I didn't have Jinn even unlocked until last week. It's not like I had some grand plan, I only leveled him for the Yoda event.
    4. I have continued to maintain that speed and DPS are too important and that slower and tankier characters are underpowered.
    5. The fact that I wish speed and DPS were less important doesn't mean I have any control over this, and I'm not going to drop out of the PvP ranks to try to pointlessly attempt to prove some point.
    6. I still continue to experiment with unconventional / tanky builds.
    7. I've repeatedly called for Poe to be de-nerfed since they went too far.
    Bottom line: if they make changes today that cause my Jinn/Yoda team to become far less effective because health meters go up and defense becomes important, I'll be very happy. Until then, like everyone else, I am just doing the best I can with the hand I've been dealt.
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »

Mimics government regulation and how it affects people? Every new change and cost has a disparate impact on those that earn less.

But no, I'm doing OK even with a Poe nerf. Lumis speed or QGJ's leader is adding too much speed though. QGJ lead Luminara has been going before my Poe and GS gear 8 (both at 142 speed). Lumi base speed=118 + QGJ lead 23 speed (lvl 6)= 141. Anything I'm missing here?

GS speed at gear 8 is 140, he gains 9 speed at gear 9. I think you should check your Poe again is he fully equiped at gear 8?
  • Options
    Personally I quite like the way speed works now, being so accurate, it's just better battle mechanics and forces players to strategize more. But yes the biggest problem is health/dmg thing. You need to 1/4 the damage (half creates the same problem again) or make HP about 4 times higher to fix those problems. But the new speed mechanism is great
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »

GS speed at gear 8 is 140, he gains 9 speed at gear 9. I think you should check your Poe again is he fully equiped at gear 8?
    You're absolutely right. GS is at 140 speed, I was mistaken. My Poe is at 142 (137+5).

Will fight this guy again today I'm sure and confirm.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    The game is broken with such fast characters having such damage and assists.

You are supposed to be able to have viable counter strategies and right now you do not. You have HP defense teams that still just get chewed down.

ST Han's leader ability is laughable for instance. Below half life allies get + offense, as if your character will get the opportunity to use that with all this speed damage assist.

In the top 50 the battles last less than 1 minute....
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My 5* Rey in level 7 gear (still a beast in arena) with a speed of 140, goes LAST on my team. QGJ, Yoda, Sid, Lumi and Rey take on all comers. I have been in first since I got Yoda.

ETA: I should say that I can beat any team on offense. The issue is that even if my yoda, sid and QGJ go before their entire team, on defense I will most likely lose. I would bet that if I faced an identical team as mine, which I have except sub out Sid for Leia or GS, I would win over the AI 90% of the time.

ETA2: The game isn't broken, there is more parody in arena now than ever before with the Poe nonsense. The top 4 teams (all I can see right now are). 1. Poe lead, QGJ, Yoda, Rey and GS 2. Me, 3. Sid lead, Dooku, Lumi, Poe, and IG-86, 4. QGJ lead, GS, FOTP, Old Ben, Yoda. The game is not broken, it is better than it was before the update.
    Post edited by RAYRAY on
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    7. I've repeatedly called for Poe to be de-nerfed since they went too far

Good, keep doing it a few months please.