Why is zR2 so good?

It seems to me everyone says Zeta Number Crunch is possibly the best zeta in the game
But it doesn't click for me
It seems like such a small stat boost that it would near not matter-
Please explain it to me?

Replies

• Options
    R2 works with so many combinations that it's like the jack of all trades zeta.
  • Options
    But his zeta seems so tiny of a stat boost that it doesn't seem to matter
  • Options
    I just can't wrap my head around it

His Combat Analysis seems infinitely better
  • Options
    Well, I said the same thing when deciding between Binds All Things, Number Crunch, and a couple others too. there are (at this time) 16 Droids, 25 Galactic Republic, 36 Rebels, 10 Resistance tags in the game so a large chunk of allies are affected by this boost. Also, it is boosting stats that are already (usually) really good for that faction (example: Potency for Resistance).

There has been a ton of debate about the the usefulness of just 10% of R2's stats, but I've been happy since I took the plunge and did Number Crunch 1st... There is a reason why it is the 2nd most zeta'd ability and would probably be 1st, as there are many players who only zeta's Vader for Rancor, but since then... probably wish they hadn't. https://swgoh.gg/zeta-report/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    I use a zader and he's awsome
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    10 Resistance tags in the game https://swgoh.gg/zeta-report/
    Umm 7 last I counted
    Ships don't count
  • Options
    Oh, shoot... was using crouching rancor and the count there was BB-8 with Finn, bb-8 with xxx, BB-8 with Blah
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    I just can't wrap my head around it

His Combat Analysis seems infinitely better

Combat Analysis is significantly worse since it doesn't do anything about Stun or AB; and the most common toon that Dazes, Death Trooper, double-taps Rebels and makes it a stun.
  • Options
    My R2 has about 2400 physical damage.
    Now he will always give at least 11% of that to anyone that shares a tag with him and up to 15% of it depending how many Galactic Republic there are available.
    So that's at least 262 damage. That's about 2 really good flat offense secondaries on 5 pip mods.
    He also has 30,000 protection, that's going to give everyone at least 3300 protection. 28000 health, that's at least 3080 health. Potency: 61%, so that's at least 6.7% potency he gives everyone.

So he gives at least: 262 physical damage, 3300 protection, 3080 health, and 6.7% potency. It sounds like a leader ability with all those stats... but it is just a unique and it applies to over half of the characters in the game.

Compare it to the 10% offense from a CLS lead: 2500-3000 physical damage turns into +250-300

How about the health from a Barriss lead? 20% at 30,000 health is 6,000 health... about the same as the combined protection and health R2 gives.

What about the potency from a Lobot lead (10%)? 6.7%.

The amounts that he gives out of each stat are comparable to the stats that LEADER abilities give out.

To put it another way, zetaing R2 is like putting a second leader in your group.

• Options
    It's not the best game changing zeta in the game but it's solid and very useful if you're already using R2. Some reasonable R2 stats with G12 and medpac equipped on a team with 4-5 rebels (common right now).

Everyone on the team would be getting 4,500hp, 5,000 protection, 250 offense, and 5-6% potency.
    Potency really isn't much, but nearly 10k survivability to everyone on your team and 250 offense is a very nice boost to go along with the 10% accuracy and 10%cc he's already giving. I also have a zeta on Combat analysis, so he's cleansing on crits too. All around great toon if you have 2 zetas to go along with it.

With that said, I'd rather zeta Han Solo's shoot first ability, and it would be close between CLS Binds and R2's number crunch for the next best arena zeta.

Typically passive zetas are not as game changing as many leader zeta's, but at the same time have much more versatility on different squads.
  • Options
    I have a 6* zzR2, and a good rebel squad and I can really tell when he's not there in haat or rancor. Makes a huge difference. There are other better zeta but only if you Han CLS or run sith/empire toons that R2 has no synergy with. Just my opinion though... And you know what they say about opinions.... They're like but holes.....
  • Options
    What MODS should you put on R2 then to get the best out of him?
  • Options
    What MODS should you put on R2 then to get the best out of him?

I think the conventional wisdom is a speed/potency combo (as here: http://gaming-fans.com/2017/05/swgoh-best-mods-r2-d2/).
  • Options
    So if one is running zR2 with 4 other Rebels, is it better then to have health on the circle than protection?
  • Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    So if one is running zR2 with 4 other Rebels, is it better then to have health on the circle than protection?

Assuming no other health and protection primaries or secondaries, a max gear R2 would get 29560 * 1.235 * 1.1 - 29560 * 1.1 = 7641 protection from a Protection circle. While he would get (32155 * 1.0588 * 1.5) - (32155 * 1.5) =2836 health from a health circle. So with no other health/protection secondaries/primaries Prot is still better.

With max health primaries and secondaries you get (32155 * 1.2852 + 7000) * 1.5 - (32155 * 1.5) = 24255 health from mods vs. (29560 * 2.07 + 18000) * 1.1 - (29560 * 1.1) = 54,592 protection with max protection primaries and secondaries.

So basically the only situation where you would want to stack health on R2 with Rebels is if you have some character% based healing going on regularly (as opposed to healer% based healing), and even then if you've got protection regen too, stacking protection is still better. doesn't matter the amount you have really. And even with regular healing, you'd still need a rather long match to make it better: so for raiding, with say Chirrut in comp, it is probably better to use the health circle... unless you are under a Jyn lead, then the prot circle is still better.

If you were talking PVP with Chirrut in comp, Health may be better, but only if your matches tend to go close to the full time limit, and again, not if Jyn is leader.