Stormtrooper Commander Idea

Liamtbqh
620 posts Member
edited October 2017
Stormtrooper Commander

latest?cb=20160130013133
Tags: Dark Side, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Support
Get them!(Basic): Call a random Imperial Trooper to assist, then deal Physical damage. If the enemy is a Rebel or has a debuff inflict stun. If the troopers are at full health deal 20% extra damage, if not heal for 20% of their health.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Overwhelming forces(Special): All allies gain buffs based on living ally Imperial Troopers then gain 10% TM for each Imperial Trooper.

Stormtrooper: Foresight and Defense Up
Deathtrooper: Offense and Health Steal Up(buff used in S&S assault battle)
Magmatrooper: Tenacity and Potency Up
Shoretrooper: Health and Protection Up(20% Protection)
Snowtrooper: CC and CD Up
Veers: Retribution and Speed up
Scout Trooper: Evasion Up and Stealth (if not taunting) -- In case he is ever made --
_________________________________________________________________________________
Retaliation(Unique): When an Imperial Trooper takes damage, Commander gains 20% TM, if the Commander takes damage then Stormtrooper will cleanse and counter attack.
Zeta - If Stormtrooper Commander is alive, Stormtrooper will revive with 100% Health and Taunt

I just thought this would make a nice addition to combo with the Stormtrooper, it would also make Stormtrooper Zeta worth it since the Commander will have to be killed before him, triggering the 40% offense increase at least once. The base unique would also make his exposes deadly.
Post edited by Liamtbqh on

Replies

• Options
    I'm on board.
  • Options
    Nice idea. Like it!

Something I would add/change:

1) some characteristic shared among troopers similar to other troopers (like +10% critical chance from veers, + potency from magma etc.)
    2) Change Health Steal up buff to CC up buff since he does not really need Health steal because he heals from crits

Other than that, I totally support your idea
  • Options
    What does he gain 20% of when a trooper takes damage?
  • Options
    What does he gain 20% of when a trooper takes damage?

TM, lol my bad
  • Options
    There already is a stormtrooper commander in game. Go to TB under info.
  • Options
    Also, too OP. 100% stun on basic is um... too much for an unnamed character
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    There already is a stormtrooper commander in game. Go to TB under info.

Thats snowtrooper commander, who seems to be strictly an AI toon for TB... not relevant to playable characters. Its not 100% since they need to have a debuff or be a Rebel? Can make it so that both attacks have to land to stun, so then foresight or evasion can counteract it a bit, but I thought cleanses already do it quite a bit.
  • Options
    Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    Nice idea. Like it!

Something I would add/change:

1) some characteristic shared among troopers similar to other troopers (like +10% critical chance from veers, + potency from magma etc.)
    2) Change Health Steal up buff to CC up buff since he does not really need Health steal because he heals from crits

Other than that, I totally support your idea

Health steal was more for other toons, and yeah that would be cool to fit into the whole Imperial Trooper shared stats thing, i'm just not sure what... maybe like 10 or 20% counter chance, it would fit with the whole "Retaliation" name :wink:
  • Options
    @Liamtbqh Sorry, missed that my first point was referring to buff for Deathtrooper from Stormtrooper Commander special. Deathtrooper does not need health steal as he heals from crits. Better increase his crit chance with CC up.

As for shared stats thing, I would say +10% max protection or Offense.
  • Options
    Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    @Liamtbqh Sorry, missed that my first point was referring to buff for Deathtrooper from Stormtrooper Commander special. Deathtrooper does not need health steal as he heals from crits. Better increase his crit chance with CC up.

As for shared stats thing, I would say +10% max protection or Offense.

Swap Snowtrooper CC buff for the health steal buff maybe?
    Also yeah both stats would be nice, think protection is better suited and then offense could be saved for a high damage trooper.
  • Options
    I think it is fine to have cc up on both Snowtroooper and Deathtrooper. But if you want uniqueness, yeah, better swap :)
  • Options
    It is a great kid! I would only like to see a special ability that would call everyone to assist!
    MS
  • Options
    It is a great kid! I would only like to see a special ability that would call everyone to assist!

I was thinking that but decided to have an assist on basic attack instead, mostly because of Veers.