Yoda masterstroke bug

yoda uses masterstroke, copies dodge buff, buffs himself with dodge, offense up and crit up? no one else on my team had a buff up. WHERE did the OFFENSE UP and CRIT UP come from?? is this working as intended? hidden buff? or bug?? everytime people answer this question they say, oh hes copying buffs, i know this, but how is he copying buffs that arent present, that is my question @EA_Jesse

Replies

• Options
    +1

His ability seems to be severely bugged. I've personally seen my Yoda "copy" Offence Up and Dodge out of nowhere.

Please roll out a fix soon EA/CG. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hmmm, do you happen to have any screenshots of this happening? That might help us figure out what's going on, or if there is indeed a bug.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This is definitely true. I experienced it myself today in GW, backed out and tried it again. The opponent team had no Offense Up (nor I think anyone capable of it) and he got it somehow.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hmmm, do you happen to have any screenshots of this happening? That might help us figure out what's going on, or if there is indeed a bug.

I'll try an take a screenshot of this the next time it happens.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

In the first image you can see all the buffs on my team before Yoda's Masterstroke. The second image is taken directly after Yoda uses his Masterstroke and gain all enemy buffs. As you can see, he gains Evasion Up. It's impossible for anyone currently on my team to gain Evasion Up. I've also seen this happen with a few other buffs such as Offence Up. Hope that clears things up.

pBwc14e.jpg
    XlSTUba.jpg
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13689/yoda-buff-copy-mechanic#latest

I made a post about this a day or two ago with 4 screenshots. It will show the evasion and 2x crit chance up. In addition, it will show how certain leader abilities such as Anakin's +24% offense is then copied by Yoda's Battle Meditation and turned into +50% offense up.

• Options
    Cyn wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13689/yoda-buff-copy-mechanic#latest

I made a post about this a day or two ago with 4 screenshots. It will show the evasion and 2x crit chance up. In addition, it will show how certain leader abilities such as Anakin's +24% offense is then copied by Yoda's Battle Meditation and turned into +50% offense up.

So you think that the 2x crit chance and Evasion Up are from Sid's leader ability and passive?
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Options
    @D_Millennial

I think it's a real possibility. I've tried replicating it with Sidious as leader on my team and I haven't been able to do it. I think it's a likely scenario though if they code leader abilities as invisible buffs with different values. When copied they revert to standard buff form to fit within the framework of a Crit Chance buff offering a 2x bonus because it's probably capped at that.
  • Options
    Cyn wrote: »
    @D_Millennial

I think it's a real possibility. I've tried replicating it with Sidious as leader on my team and I haven't been able to do it. I think it's a likely scenario though if they code leader abilities as invisible buffs with different values. When copied they revert to standard buff form to fit within the framework of a Crit Chance buff offering a 2x bonus because it's probably capped at that.

Intersting. Hopefully EA_Jesse sees these screenshots and can pass this bug on to the dev team.
  • Options
    Can confirm it.
    Yoda copied my Phasma's leader ability and started giving assists to his team that don't even have anyone with assist ability
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda copies certain characters' passive unique abilities (which never show an active buff icon) in addition to certain characters' leader abilities.

Passive unique abilities I've noticed getting copied: IG-86, Aayla (and some others)'s crit chance up, Royal Guard's max HP, and others (with certain exceptions to specific characters I cannot explain).

Leader bonus effects resulting in visible versions of buffs as copies: any leader with an evasion modifier (Luminara, Obi-Wan, Tallia, Dooku, etc...) = evasion up buff on Yoda. Crit chance up if opposing leader is Nute Gunray if at least 1 member of his squad is in stealth. Tenacity up from Aayla, Yoda, Luke (and a few others) are leading. Yet to snag an offense up or speed up from their respective leaders, though.

Basically, he's manifesting many hidden passive buffs into visible buff icons via masterstroke; however, this isn't the case for ALL passive buffs on every character. Which makes using certain characters more effective against Yoda than others, which feels a bit awkward. It should either manifest from all passive/leader skills, or none at all IMO.

And it's not just masterstroke. Battle meditation does it as well, for leader abilities. I.E.: Dooku leader on his team, round 1, Yoda uses battle meditation (when no one has a visible buff icon), and he ends up applying both Tenacity Up and Evasion Up to his team.

• Options
    Tenacity up is bugged too.