Pricing for Canadians is outrageous! And mathematically incorrect.

Canadians have a Median income of around 34k, while in the U.S. the median is 31k. That means on average we make about 9% more than our neighbours to the south. That alone still makes the pricing out to lunch considering a pack that cost Americans $9.99 cost Canadians $13.99, or 29% more. And that doesn't take into account that the cost of goods in Canada is much higher, which leaves Americans with an average of 17% more disposable income than us Canadians. Please adjust pricing so that I can justify spending more money on your game =)
Thank you.

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadian! Unfortunately, that's not how economics works. The value of currencies is based on a lot of things (GDP, debt, etc), but median income isn't one of them.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    That's for giving the world justin bieber. I'd say you're getting of easy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The cost of the packs and prices are based off App Store local currency exchange policy.

Currently the global exchange rate is about 1.27ca to 1.00us (about 27%)
    Google View of 1us to 1cad

which lines up with your post, the iOS and Google Play stores are not updated daily and adjust in longer periods so that rate can be higher or lower based on the factors they determine.

The base price is always the same in US currency, but in other regions this is reflected as the current local currency price from the APP store of your device, not a daily standard.

Hope that helps!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    That's for giving the world justin bieber. I'd say you're getting of easy.

Don't forget Celine Dion...on second thought, lets.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    My argument is, this has nothing to do with the value of currency, as we are not purchasing a good. There is no extra shipping or distribution cost to get this product to us, there for the same rules shouldn't apply. And even if this was based on our dollar value, we are $.79 to their $1, which is still only a 21% difference.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the Dev team should look at player statistics - Canada probably has the most f2p players! lol

Maybe they should give us a bit of a discount (sorry - Canadian here myself!!!)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Howardc85 wrote: »
    My argument is, this has nothing to do with the value of currency, as we are not purchasing a good. There is no extra shipping or distribution cost to get this product to us, there for the same rules shouldn't apply. And even if this was based on our dollar value, we are $.79 to their $1, which is still only a 21% difference.

Trying to help! =)

The global exchange rate moves daily and is currently 1,00 to 1.27ca (the best is only 21%, the google avg of all exchanges is 27%) but the price is set by your App Store and that does not move daily as I listed above. (Most stores do quarterly or even bi-annual, which can seem to high or low depending on region)

And your paying the same price in USD as Americans, just your using the CAD as 1:1 which it is not, there is no no additional app price change, although in other regions countries attach VAT to the App Store purchase, much like US states attach Tax to each app purchase. Some countries do not , but this is for all apps not just SWGOH.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Can we close this thread then?
  • Options
    Us Canadians also pay more taxes on those Crystals! Thanks Obamacare!
  • Options
    Howardc85 wrote: »

You are purchasing a good. You're buying something someone made. The fact that you are willing to pay for it makes it a good.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Pricing for Canadians is outrageous? I bought several Canadians last week for under $2k each.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Pricing for Canadians is outrageous? I bought several Canadians last week for under $2k each.

lol :D