I die quickly 7*

So far I've only been able to drop Han before my entire team is gone. Are my toons just too slow, or do I need something else?
EP lead, Vader, Tarkin, RG, Veers
https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/collection/?f=empire

Replies

• Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    This is about R2 event? Maybe you try one of the others as lead, Tarkin for speed or Vader for Damage.
  • Options
    I got destroyed too for 4 straight attempts, then on the 5th i got through it. Just keep at it. Palp was my lead, his let hate flow special used early was key
  • Options
    I was getting decimated. Took maybe a dozen attempts and some rejigging of my mods.
    Team-
    EP (l) g10
    Vader g9
    RG g9
    Tarkin g8
    Magma g8
    Most abilities max, cept tarkin, all 85...
    Just keep it up and RNG will win it!!! My team felt way too slow but still managed it...
  • Options
    I'm still getting wiped out. Sometimes I take out 1 of their toons, but never more. Is it just mods thing?
    EP (l) g8
    Vader g9
    Tarkin G8
    GV g10
    RG g8
  • Options
    I concentrated my speedmods on EP (l), that was the key for me.
  • Options
    if you can mod EP, Vader & Tarkin for Speed. It makes the difference
  • Options
    I coudln't make a dent with g10 zader, g10 ep, Thrawn, RG, and Tarkin. Then I put my best 4 and 5 dot health mods on all but zader and crushed it no problem. I just hate shuffling mods. I wish you could save a set of mods. Like I took off my chopper mods and put them on EP so if it was a set saved "chopper" and you could move them all at once back and forth that would make it so much easier.
  • Options
    So should I ditch all other mods in favor of speed? Right now, their entire team takes a turn, R2 and Leia each take 2, my RG is already dead, and THEN I get my first shot. Oh, and on that first shot my EP doesn't land a single debuff :(
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Speed matters but you also want potency to land to help with stuns, offense down, shock, etc.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Speed matters but you also want potency to land to help with stuns, offense down, shock, etc.

And now I'm almost broke from upgrading my speed mods :/
  • Options
    I tried for a whole week when I got mine this summer to 7 stars finally. It’s strategy just like the Thrawn event. My team had EP gear 10, Vader 10, Tarkin 10, TFP 8 and Magma 7. The key is to take down R2 as fast as possible. I did this by shocking people whenever possible. Using Tarkin’s intimidation tactics and then following that up with the culling blade from Vader. Use tarkin’s aoe to take down turn meter. Key is to keep that intimidation tactics on before hitting with the culling blade and EP’s basic. If I remember correctly, they fell like dominoes after R2 went down.
  • Options
    I tried for a whole week when I got mine this summer to 7 stars finally. It’s strategy just like the Thrawn event. My team had EP gear 10, Vader 10, Tarkin 10, TFP 8 and Magma 7. The key is to take down R2 as fast as possible. I did this by shocking people whenever possible. Using Tarkin’s intimidation tactics and then following that up with the culling blade from Vader. Use tarkin’s aoe to take down turn meter. Key is to keep that intimidation tactics on before hitting with the culling blade and EP’s basic. If I remember correctly, they fell like dominoes after R2 went down.

So have Tarkin go first, then EP, then Vader? And Tarkin's AOE is kinda wasted here, since at Tier VII they are immune to any TMR :/
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    One thing I learned quickly was to avoid using Vader's Culling Blade unless it was going to be a kill shot. Keeping all those negative status effects in play really boosts TFP's damage. I didn't realized that at first because I had never previously used TFP.

EDIT: Of course, you don't have TFP so disregard what I just said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH