Thrawn G10
    EP G9
    Vader G8
    Tarkin G8
    Snowtrooper G7

If not what do I need? I also have magmatroooer at 7* aswel

Is it possible without a tank?
  • Options
    I did it with palp g9, tarkin g9, Vader g8, storm g8, deathtrooper g9. Storm trooper was my only tank and he really wasn't that useful, so I don't think a tank is a must have, as long as your team has enough protection/hp.

I imagine having Thrawn would make things a bit easier though, cause you can fracture r2
  • Options
    Ulysses wrote: »
    I did it with palp g9, tarkin g9, Vader g8, storm g8, deathtrooper g9. Storm trooper was my only tank and he really wasn't that useful, so I don't think a tank is a must have, as long as your team has enough protection/hp.

I imagine having Thrawn would make things a bit easier though, cause you can fracture r2

I haven’t got very decent mods on them atm either - so build them for protection and hp?
  • Options
    Ulysses wrote: »

I haven’t got very decent mods on them atm either - so build them for protection and hp?

I had 2 potency mods on EP to help with the stuns, tarkin I had all potency mods, and the rest I just put my best hp mods. Speed would also have helped a lot, but the only mod challenges I could farm were for hp and potency.

It took about 20 tries to get the rng right, EP stunning them is crucial.
  • Options
    I did it with g9 Thrawn lvl 85, gear 10 EP(leader) lvl 85, Gear 10 Vader lvl 85, Gear 7 magmatrooper lvl 55 and gear 6 snowtrooper lvl 50. It is possible without a tank.
  • Options
    It did it today with those toons today, using Tarkin as leader.
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I did it today with gear 11 Emporer (L), gear 9 Vader, gear 8 Tarkin, gear 8 TFP, gear 8 RG.Total power about 66k. Took me 2-3 times, but finally beat it with 3 toons left (Emp, Vader, TFP). Advice I got on a previous thread was key: Use TFP if you can since he's so fast, and the most important was take out R2 first or super early. Tried it taking out others first and was dominated. Took out R2 first or second, the whole team fell quickly after. RG is key cuz of his taunts and stun.
  • Options
    Thrawn as leader gear 9, Vader gear 10, Emperor gear 10, Tarkin gear 8, Tie Pilot gear 8... wasn’t a problem but it looks like others have done it with less..
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Dutton wrote: »
    Thrawn as leader gear 9, Vader gear 10, Emperor gear 10, Tarkin gear 8, Tie Pilot gear 8... wasn’t a problem but it looks like others have done it with less..

lol ... I did it with the exact same team :)

Is it possible without a tank?

Very much possible.
    You just need speed and omegas.

• Options
    Did it today on the ninth attempt with no tanks:

Veers, g10, lvl 85 (lead)
    Vader, g10, lvl 85
    Deathtrooper, g9, lvl 85
    Magmatrooper, g9, lvl 85
    Snowtrooper, g9, lvl 85

No zetas. Took out Leia first, then Solo, Luke, and R2. Was down to just Vader, Magma, and Snow after that but Old Ben and Chewie don't do much damage so it was a walk the rest of the way even though my last three toons had very little health left.
  • HawkeyePierce_4077
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did it with...
    Emp viii
    Tarkin viii
    Tie pilot IX
    Storm IX
    Snow viii
    It took probably twenty tries and some crazy luck:)
  • Options
    I have had next to no luck with tier 7 wit gear 9 Palpatine lead, g9 Vader, g8 TFP, g8 tarkin, and g7 royal guard all at least level 80 and subbing in stormtrooper on some attempts all are modded out and hit for 500k in phase 2 of tank but I barely even get to move in tier 7 of this event talk about adding insult to injury we already have to be a man down the ungodly speed of the opposing team seems a bit much if you ask me especially since 7* R2 is a requirement elsewhere in game but that's just my 2 cents with no punctuation because I gotta go fast
  • Options
    The opposing team starts with full TM which is irritating
  • Options
    The opposing team starts with full TM which is irritating

Exactly that is a problem there is basically no way to combat them because of the inbuilt advantage!
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It is irritating and I was as frustrated as you sound but I managed to do it and without a tank. Persistence is the key. I don't really think it matters who is on your team other than having at least one toon who has a leadership ability. Everyone says to use Palpatine as your lead but not only did I not use him as lead, I didn't even have him on the team. I think one of the things that helps is having everyone be at least gear 9 and at least 2 toons at gear 10. Speed mods on slower Empire toons helps a lot.

I didn't have any toons with zetas though zetas would have made it easier. I did have every toon at level 85.

I used Veers at lead. Gear 10. Good speed mods to hit with Ruthless Assault as soon as possible. Other than a gear 10 Vader with good speed mods, the rest of the squad was filled out by Imperial Troopers, all gear 9: Snow, Magma, and Death. They all had good, but not great, mods. Some have suggested targeting R2 first but that wasn't working for me so I went after the easier to damage toons first: Leia, Han, and Luke. Then I ignored the tanks because they don't dish out high damage and concentrated on R2. Once I took him out, Old Ben and Chewie were easy even though I was down to three badly damaged toons.
  • Options
    My Zhrawn is gear 8, and I breezed through it. Fracture R2.
  • Options
    Just figured out what has been getting me R2-D2's third ability apparently hits through foresight which as far as i am aware it should not and that added to the other advantages of the opposing squad make it a bear to beat im going to need Tie fighter pilot to get through with the team I have and if the opposite team ignores foresight he gets real dead real quick I have been non stop for 2 days on this phase now and I don't have the resources to gear any higher plus the fact that I have no intention of focusing on all of the empire toons when the ones who would help have next to no farming nodes I am close to having troopers but for the same token it will take months of farming a new squad of toons which seems stupid to me when there are obviously issues that need to be resolved on the developers end but I digress I am free to play and success shouldn't be behind pay walls and impossible tasks
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    My Zhrawn is gear 8, and I breezed through it. Fracture R2.

Thrawn would be great but I'm stuck at 5 stars on him until the next occurrence of his event!
  • Viridovix
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have G9 EP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Tarkin. All are Modded decently, and I even moved some better MODs from my mains to them. This 7* tier is way too much CG. At least allow us to remove TM, with %50 effectiveness? Or anything really?

I'm, mostly, F2P and i even spent extra time/money farming for this team.....I cannot down more than 2 people. Like not even close to making a dent on them. They are fast, resist ALL TMR, dumbb amounts of health.. I understand you guys there need to make money, but for real..this is just like y'all urinating on us F2P and not giving us the courtesy of calling it rain. I am not asking for easy mode here..just a little respect for our dedication to this game, and to ease up on the difficulty in certain areas. Like my god you have hardly any choice of Empire toons to use in the first place, and their specialties aren't even viable. (ie: snowtroopers aoe wrecks himself, magma is same thing and the TMR is negated.)

So any advise? Or should I, and the staggering number of people in this same situation, just go find cups and straws for this "rain" of yours?
  • Options
    Viridovix wrote: »
    I have G9 EP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Tarkin. All are Modded decently, and I even moved some better MODs from my mains to them. This 7* tier is way too much CG. At least allow us to remove TM, with %50 effectiveness? Or anything really?

I'm, mostly, F2P and i even spent extra time/money farming for this team.....I cannot down more than 2 people. Like not even close to making a dent on them. They are fast, resist ALL TMR, dumbb amounts of health.. I understand you guys there need to make money, but for real..this is just like y'all urinating on us F2P and not giving us the courtesy of calling it rain. I am not asking for easy mode here..just a little respect for our dedication to this game, and to ease up on the difficulty in certain areas. Like my god you have hardly any choice of Empire toons to use in the first place, and their specialties aren't even viable. (ie: snowtroopers aoe wrecks himself, magma is same thing and the TMR is negated.)

So any advise? Or should I, and the staggering number of people in this same situation, just go find cups and straws for this "rain" of yours?

For real though these things are getting ridiculous!!! #empirerework #helpabrotherout
  • Options
    They won't. But maybe this will be brought up in their next meeting..nothing really gets done for us.
  • Options
    Man I 7 * him last night. I tried literally all day. And then my roommate said you need Palpatine. I never raised him but had some credits. I got palp to level 69. Geared him to 8. And only gave him his leadership. Partnered him with Vader gear 10. Death and storm Trooper gear 9. Tfp gear 8. Complete luck is needed. I killed Leia first. And then death marked R2. All storm trooper was there for was to take hits. It worked. But I ran that team over 50 times. You just have to stick to it and have really good mods on them.
  • Options
    Illest2009 wrote: »
    Man I 7 * him last night. I tried literally all day. And then my roommate said you need Palpatine. I never raised him but had some credits. I got palp to level 69. Geared him to 8. And only gave him his leadership. Partnered him with Vader gear 10. Death and storm Trooper gear 9. Tfp gear 8. Complete luck is needed. I killed Leia first. And then death marked R2. All storm trooper was there for was to take hits. It worked. But I ran that team over 50 times. You just have to stick to it and have really good mods on them.

But you don't need Palpatine. I did it without him.

Though admittedly a properly geared and modded EP would have helped quite a bit.
  • Sebax
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Can I get 7* R2 with (L) Palpatine 7* g9, Vader 7* g12, Thrawn 7* g7, Magmatrooper 7* g7, Tarkin 7*g7??
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes to the OP it is a very easy acquisition.

LOL lots of necro going on today