183 posts Member
edited October 2017
My team was this:
EP (lead) G10
Vader G10
Tarkin G9
RG G7
Snowtrooper G7

Snowtrooper is interchangeable-he can be switched with TFP, Magmatrooper, or Veers. I use him for the turn meter grant when an ally dies.

All omegas, no zetas.

Alright, here’s the strategy:
You need to have Snowtrooper stunned by Han at the beginning, of EP, Vader, or Tarkin are stunned, start over. RG can be stunned, but it isn’t desirable. Next (in this order): Use RG’s health up move. Use intimidation tactics and ultimate firepower. Use EP’s health steal and offense up move. After all of those have happened, focus fire on R2. Vader’s 2 turns of offense up need to be used for force crush and saber throw on R2. If you have to use saber throw on anyone else, or both turns are not used for Force Crush/Saber Throw, start over. When I successfully did this, it took all of R2’s protection out, it should get at least close to this. Use as many group attacks as possible after this to take out Luke, han, and leia, but don’t take your focus off of R2. After this, keep everyone alive with RG’s health up move, and focus fire on R2 until he dies. Use group attacks as much as possible. Grant offense up with EP as much as possible. When I successfully took it down, I had EP, Vader, and Tarkin still alive, and when I killed R2, Luke was at 1 health (ep had hit him), with old ben and Chewbacca still almost completely healthy, but I think if only Vader and EP remain it is doable.

Kill order: R2, han leia Luke (group attacks), old Ben, Chewbacca

Good luck! I’d love to hear if this helped anyone!
Ally code: 357613281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
Post edited by Lord_Massacus on

Replies

• Options
    My team was:
    Ep (leader) G11
    Vader G9
    Tarkin G9
    RG G8
    TFP G8

So, I followed your advice and technique which was valuable. Though I do feel you missed s few key things that hinder a successful outcome. Firstly, han shot my Tfp maybe once in 20 attempts. He mainly focussed on RG and EP. So that was hard work in itself. The time I completed it he'd stunned RG on the opener (which you did say it was possible but not ideal to be fair). I also feel that it might be prudent to add that before you even get a turn old Ben has ability blocked at least 2 units, r2 has used smoke screen and chewy activated taunt. With those things all running before you even have a turn doesn't make things as simple as you described. Making the continuity of the actions you described lacking in flow and a bit sporadic.
    For me it was TFP who stole the show. I'd tried it relentlessly with Mt in his place till I'd farmed TFP to 7* once I did my progress greatly lengthened until I finally did it! Yay!! His buff blocker and quick turn meter bonus and power won the day.
    I believe your technique described is a sound one but with a few tweeks you didn't mention. But still I thank you for the help.
    My advice to anyone else reading this is to follow this technique. Be mindful of the buffs that stop the continuity and use TFP at least G8 to be successful.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Quin wrote: »
    My team was:
    Ep (leader) G11
    Vader G9
    Tarkin G9
    RG G8
    TFP G8

So, I followed your advice and technique which was valuable. Though I do feel you missed s few key things that hinder a successful outcome. Firstly, han shot my Tfp maybe once in 20 attempts. He mainly focussed on RG and EP. So that was hard work in itself. The time I completed it he'd stunned RG on the opener (which you did say it was possible but not ideal to be fair). I also feel that it might be prudent to add that before you even get a turn old Ben has ability blocked at least 2 units, r2 has used smoke screen and chewy activated taunt. With those things all running before you even have a turn doesn't make things as simple as you described. Making the continuity of the actions you described lacking in flow and a bit sporadic.
    For me it was TFP who stole the show. I'd tried it relentlessly with Mt in his place till I'd farmed TFP to 7* once I did my progress greatly lengthened until I finally did it! Yay!! His buff blocker and quick turn meter bonus and power won the day.
    I believe your technique described is a sound one but with a few tweeks you didn't mention. But still I thank you for the help.
    My advice to anyone else reading this is to follow this technique. Be mindful of the buffs that stop the continuity and use TFP at least G8 to be successful.

Cheers!

I had same exact team. My focus was on R2. Group attacks took out Han and Leia basically (would kill shot them if low on health) but focused on R2 the entire time until he was dead. Once he was, the others fell super quick. I had three toons left (Emp, Vader, TFP). For me, TFP and RG's speed, and RG's stun, were key to the whole thing
  • Options
    My team was this:
    EP (lead) G10
    Vader G10
    Tarkin G9
    RG G7
    Snowtrooper G7

Snowtrooper is interchangeable-he can be switched with TFP, Magmatrooper, or Veers. I use him for the turn meter grant when an ally dies.

All omegas, no zetas.

Alright, here’s the strategy:
    You need to have Snowtrooper stunned by Han at the beginning, of EP, Vader, or Tarkin are stunned, start over. RG can be stunned, but it isn’t desirable. Next (in this order): Use RG’s health up move. Use intimidation tactics and ultimate firepower. Use EP’s health steal and offense up move. After all of those have happened, focus fire on R2. Vader’s 2 turns of offense up need to be used for force crush and saber throw on R2. If you have to use saber throw on anyone else, or both turns are not used for Force Crush/Saber Throw, start over. When I successfully did this, it took all of R2’s protection out, it should get at least close to this. Use as many group attacks as possible after this to take out Luke, han, and leia, but don’t take your focus off of R2. After this, keep everyone alive with RG’s health up move, and focus fire on R2 until he dies. Use group attacks as much as possible. Grant offense up with EP as much as possible. When I successfully took it down, I had EP, Vader, and Tarkin still alive, and when I killed R2, Luke was at 1 health (ep had hit him), with old ben and Chewbacca still almost completely healthy, but I think if only Vader and EP remain it is doable.

Kill order: R2, han leia Luke (group attacks), old Ben, Chewbacca

Good luck! I’d love to hear if this helped anyone!

@Lord_Massacus For starters? Omg. I can't explain to you how helpful this thread was!! (A friend of mine in my guilds discord server told me about this thread actually because IT WORKS!!)

My team was this:
    EP(lead) G10
    Vader G10
    Tarkin G8
    RG G8
    Snowtrooper G8

All omegas, no zetas.

AND all 7 star, level 85, with max mods.

Basically the exact same toons as you, just a slight bit different on the gear. I got it finally after a lot of tries. I tried it on the 26th but failed because of an over eager move on my part of not using RG's Heath up ability just to take out a toon. HOWEVER! Yesterday on the 27th I got to the exact same point I was on (on the 26th) but used the health up right before RG would be defeated that way Vader and Palp would have health and defense up. It's basically like you're sacrificing RG to make Vader and Palp hang around longer since they are the more powerful and more damage dealing toons. What happened was it went down to nearly full health Palp, nearly full health Vader, and a low health RG against a low health r2, low health old Ben, and nearly full health Chewie. Instead of RG taking out r2 I used the health up move to sacrifice him and then used Vader and Palp to take out r2 and old Ben respectively. So then it went down to Palp and Vader against Chewie. But something happened that I NEVER SAW COMING... Chewie kept shooting at Vader and Vader was so low health he about to be one shot defeated. Yet instead of shooting Vader and defeating him so that it would be Palp against Chewie, Chewie used his health up ability... BUT GUESS WHAT? Chewie was debuffed with Palps shock so he DIDNT REGAIN HEALTH. Instead he just stayed the same health and then I used Vaders light saber throw to end the battle with Palp and Vader still standing and I one starred tier 7 of the event. :) So as you can see it was a nail biter to say the least. Haha. ;) Thank you so much for this info. I don't actually have a 7 star TFP so I kept getting told (by, ya know, "people" lol) that I wouldn't be able to defeat this event. But go figure, I did. Now I am ready for CLS. Wish me luck!
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    @KyJoe_Cool Congrats! Glad I could help. Hope you get CLS too!
  • DarthDadicus
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I tried approx 100 times with no success. Then I read this and this exact strategy worked for me. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    I tried approx 100 times with no success. Then I read this and this exact strategy worked for me. Thanks for your help!

Congrats @DarthDadicus Same here! Good luck on going for CLS!
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Glad I could be of assistance! Congrats!