How do we increase speed in Ships

Enye164
267 posts Member
edited October 2017
im trying to figure out why my (gear11, 7*Fives) maxedout 7*Umbaran is 1speed point lower than a same gear11Fives and maxedout Umbaran of an arenamate in Ships (arena). Umbaran kit levels are all the same for myself and my arenamate btw.

do mods affect overall speed total?

any other factors aside from possible filled gearslots after gear 11?

t.y.

Replies

• Options
    Gear levels, ability levels , zeta, all level 15 five dot mods
  • Options
    so how does that affect speed increase though?
  • Options
    if i make my Fives faster, does the Umbaran get faster too?

i've never bothered to scrutinize further since im getting my desired payouts.

now im trying to understand the mechanics on a deeper level, and im really confused as to how those calculate.
  • CamaroAMF
    1283 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Enye164 wrote: »
    if i make my Fives faster, does the Umbaran get faster too?

i've never bothered to scrutinize further since im getting my desired payouts.

now im trying to understand the mechanics on a deeper level, and im really confused as to how those calculate.

Making Fives faster has no impact. It all comes from gear level,number of pieces applied at current gear level, mods dots and level, ability levels.

Edit: Crouching Rancor actually has a nifty ship speed calculator. It lets you see what will happen to your ship's speed if you upgrade abilities, mods, etc.

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Um...how is this broken?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have heard that all the things that boost speed for an individual ship (Levels, gear, mods, stars, abilities) affect the entire fleet when you change those things on the fleet commander of your capital ship.

I'm not sure how big this effect is (if the person who explained it to me is right, it accounts for maybe 5% or a bit more of your stats), but it's very likely to be present. If you have an underdeveloped fleet commander, that might be the source of your problem.

On the other hand, I could be wrong. As people have said, the number of mods, the number of dots on those mods, and the number of levels on each mod also play a role, and maybe it's just that.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You can figure the effect of any change by using the crouching rancor tool listed above.
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Um...how is this broken?

That ship upgrades are not based on character ability. If total ship power is partially character based, then so must the actual abilities of the ship. Adding an omega to the character adds x amount of an ability seems dumb, especially when the omega ability might not have anything to do with the ability the ship is gaining.

That's not how it works. Adding a character's abilities increases their crew rating which gives crew power and at certain thresholds of crew power, stats of the ship are increased. Abilities on the ship are a separate thing altogether.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships#latest
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Discussion not found.
    The discussion you were looking for could not be found.
  • Options
    i think i know how to answer this now through past and collective observations :

We can increase Speed stats of our ships by :

(assuming theyre at max Level (85 currently)), Filling gear slots of its Crew, Gear Level per Crew member, aaand i think mods do not have too much bearing on increasing Speed though.

GL
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Enye164 wrote: »
    i think i know how to answer this now through past and collective observations :

We can increase Speed stats of our ships by :

(assuming theyre at max Level (85 currently)), Filling gear slots of its Crew, Gear Level per Crew member, aaand i think mods do not have too much bearing on increasing Speed though.

GL

That's still not quite right.

The crew's contribution to the ship is based off of crew rating, which is an unseen stat based on an amalgam of several things:
    Character level
    Character star level
    Character gear level & number of gear pieces equipped
    Mod pip level and actual level
    Character ability level

Every single one of those things will increase their crew rating, which will increase their speed at certain thresholds. The stats that are on the items or abilities, or mods are all irrelevant. All that matters is levels.
  • Options
    im just sayin.. my FOTP earlier and its Ship went from 185 speed to 186 when I filled in 1 gear slot (+36str Mk8 Biotech Implant). That’s what i meant thru plain observations.
  • Options
    Crew Member’s speed wont change obviously, but their respective ships does

a deeper understanding might be the one as u said about meeting their threshold. i agree with that too.

anyways, just tryin to help out. no need to be trolly about it. peace.
  • Toastie
    284 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ups, posted twice
This discussion has been closed.