Are Tanks Necessary?

I will have Ackbar (leader), Commander Luke, and R2 at Gear 12 by the end of the weekend. I eventually want to add Hermit Yoda and Thrawn to the team, but this leaves me without any tanks.

Is this a bad idea? Should I be looking for a tank to replace either Thrawn or R2?

Replies

• Options
    You'll want to pick up a tank or two eventually, but will do alright since r2 covers for one a bit.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is a pseudo tank, he can cloak others and draw fire towards himself. At g12 he has a lot of health and protection to survive most hits.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    R2 is a pseudo tank, he can cloak others and draw fire towards himself. At g12 he has a lot of health and protection to survive most hits.

CLS or a Fracturing Thrawn should get the soft taunt. Aayla is also fun to force damage onto in TBs.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the Hermit Yoda ackbar combo only works well because Commander Luke is the only other Rebel on the team.
  • Options
    On offence you wont miss the tank much, on defence you prob be easy pick.
  • Options
    actively taunting tanks are important imo: Gk
  • Options
    Since Thrawn and CLS are teamed up ONE tank is useless. So imo you either use two tanks or none
  • Options
    Ask not what a Tank can do for you, but what you can do for a Tank...

;)
  • Options
    AA lead works only when Luke is only rebel. AA/Luke/Thrawn/hermit/gk would be the team to run. Fost with zeta COULD replace gk in this team but he is still a tank..
    these hermit teams are pretty easy to beat when your fighting them; no tank would make it that much easier
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    AA lead works only when Luke is only rebel. AA/Luke/Thrawn/hermit/gk would be the team to run. Fost with zeta COULD replace gk in this team but he is still a tank..
    these hermit teams are pretty easy to beat when your fighting them; no tank would make it that much easier

Ye hermit aint smart enough to first put master training on luke
  • Options
    These are all good tips. Thanks, Everyone. Would it be a better approach to do an all-Rebel team with Ackbar (Leader), Commander Luke, R2, Raid Han, and Old Ben?
  • Options
    No need for a tank, but id suggest taking out hermit Yoda. Or Han Solo teams will pick you apart