Facebook - what is it good for?

I see ppl claiming that there is no way to save your progress in the game if you use both, android and ios.
If that's true, what exactly is the "connect to facebook" option good for? (can't test myself 'cause I'm not on facebook)

Replies

• Options
    One benefit is that it will find your FB friends who also downloaded SW:GoH. So, you can find them and add them as Allies.

• five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They get your complete friendlist and all your other stuff

toucharcade.com/2015/09/16/we-own-you-confessions-of-a-free-to-play-producer/
  • Options
    You get 200 crystals and a bunch of corporations get all your info for marketing
  • Options
    I did it for the crystals. Of course I was never a Facebook type of person anyway, so I couldnt remember the password to my Facebook account. I had to go through the password recovery nonsense. Then, after making the connection and getting the crystals, I started getting all of the Facebook spam you could imagine. I then had to go back to Facebook and spend about 20 minutes going through all of the settings to find the spam related ones and disable them. I still get 3 text messages a day for some reason telling me how many posts all of my "friends" have made or when its some obscure persons birthday, and I am getting the Facebook reminder emails (despite having gone in and disabled everything).

In the end... The 200 crystals weren't worth the hassle or the consequences. I wish this option was never there, as I wasn't fully aware of the consequences until it was too late to avoid them. Facebook was a fad at one point, which proved itself as nothing more than a passing fad. Come on CG. Get with the times!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, thx folks!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    I did it for the crystals. Of course I was never a Facebook type of person anyway, so I couldnt remember the password to my Facebook account. I had to go through the password recovery nonsense. Then, after making the connection and getting the crystals, I started getting all of the Facebook spam you could imagine. I then had to go back to Facebook and spend about 20 minutes going through all of the settings to find the spam related ones and disable them. I still get 3 text messages a day for some reason telling me how many posts all of my "friends" have made or when its some obscure persons birthday, and I am getting the Facebook reminder emails (despite having gone in and disabled everything).

In the end... The 200 crystals weren't worth the hassle or the consequences. I wish this option was never there, as I wasn't fully aware of the consequences until it was too late to avoid them. Facebook was a fad at one point, which proved itself as nothing more than a passing fad. Come on CG. Get with the times!

I disabled everything right away when it aksed me and I see no change in my facebook. So, 200 free crystals for me...