Hermit Yoda on defense

Prev13
GildoMcFlay
244 posts Member
edited October 2017
Anyone fight Hermit Yoda in a Jedi squad yet? Was wondering if he's as bad as he is in a mixed squad. I was probably 1 TB away from getting him and replacing zBarriss with him in my Jedi squad...then I saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcO33pR69M&t=21s

Seems pretty disappointing if he sits there spamming his basic like a dork when he could be passing out 20% protection and foresight. I'd never want him to use his basic while either of his other two skills are off cooldown.

Replies

• Options
    Thats all he does he WILL NOT use Strength Flows From the Force, I even zetad that ability thinking he might use it to get protection back,. but not even when your squad has no protection. No foresight, no protection, no health nothing. He will use Master's Training and 9 times out of 10 will throw it on Barriss 1st.

He is a broken character and don't waste the Guild Event currency on him use it for something else.

• Options
    Couldn't believe I won that fight after Luke went down LOL. Baze isn't as good without Chirrut.
  • Options
    Yeah his AI clearly needs some adjustements! I can imagine many of us invested a lot to get him since we believed he would improve a lot the team defense and survivability and current AI is somewhat ruining that
  • Options
    What an awful video to watch due to the terrible playstyle. Sitting around waiting for DN to annihilate one by one. Yuck.
  • Options
    What an awful video to watch due to the terrible playstyle. Sitting around waiting for DN to annihilate one by one. Yuck.

What an incredibly insightful post. Thanks for all you have contributed to this thread.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbKHwrYnMMU

This is how it is supposed to look. Sitting around waiting for Annihilate is why this team loses on defense, notice the swarm attacks, which is why this squad is infinitely more enjoyable than Fracture, Smoke Screen, Han shoot Han shoot, Luke whack someone.
  • Options
    Well played at silencing and not banning me, only took me a day to realize that you have hidden all my posts.

Yahoo or Gmail this time decisions decisions...
  • Options
    I have him since yesterday. I am absolutely amazed.

I am running him with GK (L), zBarris, zEzra and zCLS. Rocks everything so far. Even other GK/zBarris combos. Was holding Top 10 overnight.
    Modding wise i gave the fastest set to hoda and the second fastest to CLS. Doing so will give you a guaranteed stun right of the start (Masters training on Luke, then he attacks first and debuffs target, next turn is Luke again and applies stun due to the debuffed target). After that Ezra goes on his raid han like double tab.... Rest is history...
  • Options
    This is a poorly designed Yoda squad. Whether or not he's spamming heal, there are several ways to take advantage. Like China explained, there are squads that work well.
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »
    This is a poorly designed Yoda squad. Whether or not he's spamming heal, there are several ways to take advantage. Like China explained, there are squads that work well.

What does his team have to do with how Yoda is behaving on defense?
  • Options
    The best thing about fighting a Yoda team is that he vanishes once you kill the other four. Fracture him, kill the rest, and then he disappears.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

His behavior doesn't matter for some squads.
  • Options

Dude he never uses half of his kit. That's a problem.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Unlocked and got mine gear to g10, just a piece shy for g11, running him now on arena, very bad on defense!!

Tried several comps, the best i found is GK lead, zarris, hYoda, Luke and Thrawn. On offense is decent because, of course, u play Yoda in the right way. But on defense i fall on ranks fast, way faster than my other squads.

It's a big shame for a toon u worked for months to get him and it's bugged. Just hope we don't need to wait 6 months like Teebo for a proper fix.

By the way, his zeta on "do or do not" is not working too! People who gave a zeta is very upset and they have all reason for it!!

For the moment, i really don't recomend him.
  • Options

My guess is he is using Akbar lead cls hyoda gk +1 non rebel. His basic isn't considered an attack so it triggers a rebel attack hopefully cls. Gives you a lot if free turns.
  • Options
    What? No, bud.
    The biggest problem is that, under the AI, he never uses his zeta ability, “Strengh flows from the Force”, the one which grants all Jedi not only healing and protection, but foresight as well.
    Which is a shame, because not only he is a hard toon to get, but he could really boost the Jedi faction without a rework of old toons.
    I have high hopes for a fix, though, its Yoda after all - and hes the only toon without a basic attack, how cool is that.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

My guess is he is using Akbar lead cls hyoda gk +1 non rebel. His basic isn't considered an attack so it triggers a rebel attack hopefully cls. Gives you a lot if free turns.

I understand that, however that squad is subpar at best imo. Id much rather hermit use his whole kit, rather than just spam his basic just to benefit 1 single mediocre squad.
  • Options
    My favorite part about this post is that this guy wins a battle on auto then complains about one of the toons not using one ability.. If you win who cares what the AI does?
  • Options
    My favorite part about this post is that this guy wins a battle on auto then complains about one of the toons not using one ability.. If you win who cares what the AI does?

Oh lawd.

He used gk zarris + DN vs rebels. Rebels under ai control literally cannot kill your gk, especially without zolo.

People are not worried about winning on offense, because that is obviously easy. You want your toons to behave correctly to make it more annoying for a human player to defeat you.
  • Options
    People are not worried about winning on offense, because that is obviously easy. You want your toons to behave correctly to make it more annoying for a human player to defeat you.

Exactly...if Hermit Yoda is going to use his zeta skill more appropriately I'm going to swap up mods to favor protection over health and replace my zBarriss with HY. If HY is going to remain as is I'd rather just stick with my zBarriss set up and not waste the resources gearing and zetaing a support character that is too dumb to prioritize his zeta skill over his basic, especially when his zeta is basically just a better version of his basic.
  • Options
    This is impacting a lot of people who want to use him for Arena...
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    HY just plan blows in pvp. I have him G12 280 speed two days and he’s out of my team.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    This is impacting a lot of people who want to use him for Arena...

Yup...it would be awesome if we could get a dev to say whether HY AI is working as intended or will be changed for him to prioritize his zeta heal over his basic.

I think a lot of people, myself included, don't want to dump a pile of gear, zetas, and further slow up G12 progression on HY if he has such blatant AI issues and he'll only ever be useful for TB and maybe raids...but not for several more months of forgoing G12 in favor of shard farming because he has to be 7*. I've got plenty of other toons I could farm/gear/zeta that are useful for raids/TB/arena that won't require me to continue to forgo G12 to acquire if HY AI is working as intended.
  • Options
    Think about this though - do you want it working that way with the assumption that everyone else can / will copy this team and arena will become a perma-heal land of timeouts? I think the devs probably have it coded this way to avoid ridiculous time out teams (for all players) on D with a GK / Barriss / Yoda configuration. Just like they left SO coded to only use his OHKO move at 25% instead of 50% or Kylo to use his aoe rather than the OP stun / prot regen special...or how OP resistance AI doesn't target exposes becuase of infiniate TM loop. Also - Thrawn's AI is terrible for his leader. I think what they're doing here is giving you something OP on offense to attack and win / succeed with, but doesn't get to be too much on defense for other players attacking.
  • Options
    Think about this though - do you want it working that way with the assumption that everyone else can / will copy this team and arena will become a perma-heal land of timeouts? I think the devs probably have it coded this way to avoid ridiculous time out teams (for all players) on D with a GK / Barriss / Yoda configuration. Just like they left SO coded to only use his OHKO move at 25% instead of 50% or Kylo to use his aoe rather than the OP stun / prot regen special...or how OP resistance AI doesn't target exposes becuase of infiniate TM loop. Also - Thrawn's AI is terrible for his leader. I think what they're doing here is giving you something OP on offense to attack and win / succeed with, but doesn't get to be too much on defense for other players attacking.

I obviously don’t know if they are intentionally doing this or not, but it is incredibly dumb if it was intentional. The defense is handicapped enough without intentionally making the AI dumber.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The lesson to be learned here is HY is not for arena, he's a PVE toon for TB.
  • Options
    The lesson to be learned here is HY is not for arena, he's a PVE toon for TB.

There is no lesson, it is a clear issue that his AI is not how it should be.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I obviously don’t know if they are intentionally doing this or not, but it is incredibly dumb if it was intentional. The defense is handicapped enough without intentionally making the AI dumber.

It's smart in some ways because they can create cool stuff without making it OP or breaking the game. The bad AI lets more people win and have fun. It's intentional 100%. Also, they can "force" the meta that people face by the AI programming. Kylo is the prime example - he would have been hard core meta for so long if he didn't use his AOE non-stop. A flip example is how they coded R2 - no one would use R2 if he used the aoe burn first instead of the smoke screen, but they wanted him to be meta on D so smokescreen got priority despite almost every other toon (kylo again for example) using their aoe special first if it's available. Another example here is how they coded CLS - he uses that CTA heal / prot regen non-stop and that's good. Team healers though, which is what that Yoda special is, no one is coded to use it in a situation where someone doesn't have health that is low. Is that optimal for Yoda, no - but you could also argue on D Barriss under a GK lead should still use her "heal" when at full health due to the team assist functionality.
  • Options
    Hermit yodas skill gives protection back so if any toon doesn't have full protection he should prioritize the better healing/protection regain ability over his basic. This shouldn't even have to be a discussion. It needs to be fixed to work as such.