Another TB and ....

C3hyp77
162 posts Member
edited November 2017
And again , yes another one .... with as usual, a masssive waves of retirements of players because they are sick of the waves of snowtroopers , 111 !!!! on 6 days !!! since this release , most of them complain about the time this mobil game took now with the TB and how boring it is . Cut the waves bye 2 , change the snowtroopers .... do something. The idea was great , really great ( like i think the guild vs guild ) but you ruin it with the monotony of the fights and the time it takes .
Post edited by TyloRen on

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    114* + special missions.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I’m +1 for a 12 hour timer. 3days sounds better.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »

I fought this, but it's starting to sound better.
    BUT! It doesn't change how many of the same waves you need to do... you just need to do double the waves in a single day... it doesn't mean you fight any fewer waves of the same kitten exact litter again and again and again.... and again.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Is this another thinly veiled "It's too hard, please just give me everything immediately with no effort" post?
  • Options
    Floogyman wrote: »
    Is this another thinly veiled "It's too hard, please just give me everything immediately with no effort" post?

Is this a "I have a massive GP and zeta'ed Finn so I can't possibly relate to the fact others struggle in this game" response?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Many players would then miss out on complete phases, f.ex. if a phase starts at midnight and you can't play until after work (5 PM). 20 hour phases may work. This shaves off 1 day of the TB.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't understand how fighting the same boring waves (if you feel that way) in a more compressed time frame would actually make things better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

How would that reduce the time you need to spend playing TB? It would just double the time you need to spend on TB per day, but half the amount of days. That is with one TB each 10 days obviously.
    3 more busy TB days and 7 days of nothing doesn't sound more appealing to me than 6 days of regular TB and 4 days of nothing.
    (+ my guild kinda need the full 24h in order for everyone to be able to participate)
  • Options

Not at all , we don't care if it's too hard ... i was speaking about the monotony and the times it takes so ....
  • Options
    3 waves instead of 6 , differents toons to fights ..... 12hours is too short because we need 24hrs for everyone to play for each phase ....
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Best solution cut down the number of waves to 3 like special missions and ship. However on the last phase 6 , 6 waves is tolerable.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah I don't understand how fighting the same boring waves (if you feel that way) in a more compressed time frame would actually make things better.

This. It would actually make it worse. Like trying to do 3 tables of Galactic Chore in 12 hours....oh, wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Not at all, it's mind numbing. I prefer galactic chore over tb
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Most battles I just put it on auto. Special missions I play. I agree it's boring. Really the only solution would be to add more TB locations. You could hit the same monotony within one location, but different locations would have different factions to battle and therefore different abilities/strategies to deal with.
  • Options
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    And again , yes another one .... with as usual, a masssive waves of retirements of players because they are sick of the waves of snowtroopers , 111 !!!! on 6 days ... We were 5 guilds before the TB , today just 4 , we lost 50 players !!! since this release , most of them complain about the time this mobil game took now with the TB and how boring it is . Cut the waves bye 2 , change the snowtroopers .... do something because at the end you will lose more and more players and for most of the players your TB is just a chore . The idea was great , really great ( like i think the guild vs guild ) but you ruin it with the monotony of the fights and the time it takes .

I genuinely understand this “I don’t have time for TB” argument. My TB contributions including combat and deployment take less time than a bowel movement per day.

If it’s taking longer either you’re playing for a Guild that is attempting 45* in which case I have little sympathy; or you’re doing it wrong. It really is as simple as that.

There is no need to play every single combat mission, even if you’re trying to get 45* come to think of it. It’s about playing the right combat missions.

If 114/114 matters that much to you personally then again I have no sympathy, and I wish you good luck.

TB is a good, and different form of content than we are used to. They need congratulating to castigating. You’ll be getting a DS version soon where you can fight endless waves of something else too
  • Options
    You could just not do it. Put 10 dudes into each platoon, do three fights, deploy to all one area.

Territory Battles are fun and easy. Folks worry too much.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yeah the TB trooper battles are so boring I don't even bother with them half the time anymore - I just try to fill platoons and then deploy everyone else.
  • Options
    I don't mind the effort, but it might be nice if at least a couple of waves were shaved off. The biggest problem I see is the effort over several days for rewards that are pretty underwhelming. Decrease time/effort or increase rewards a bit.
  • Options
    Yeah I get they're boring and repetitive, but just have your squads preset and auto battles. That's what I do for the first few phases and it takes next to no time.

Problem is people think they have to switch mods every time, figure out the right squad comps each time, manual battle all six waves. Even on p4 and 5 I just auto until wave 5 when they start actually doing a bit of damage and then I beat them.

If you play smart it really doesn't take much time, and going 5/6 or 6/6 doesn't really make much difference.
  • Options
    Let’s facf it, 12 or 24 hr window it ll still b a chore...
    12 hr will make it worse as we ll have to rush it in and it ll take too much time
  • Options
    If at least mod swapping was faster...
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So interesting the varying types of players we have.

Player Type 1: There is too little to do after I sim each day. Thank you for more things to do with my characters.

Presumably player type 1 is happy, though I'm sure some would prefer more variety in TB. I believe I fall into player type 1.

Player Type 2: There is too much to do each day and/or territory battles is boring. Of player 2 I also believe we have two subgroups: Obsessed/competitive (must max all rewards) or Casual (whatever, it's fun to collect)

Player Type 2 has 2 options:

(a) Quit; though I'd argue that's the short and sweet option of either someone with little imagination or little self-control (that is, I can't play differently; my OCD must play this way or none at all)
    (b) Choose to play less.

The only real problem is that a player type 2 in the obsessed/competitive mindset feels he must maximize all rewards possible, so he plays for #1 in both arenas each day and manually plays all territory battles to ensure maximum completion.

It is fairly easy to implement option (b) for a Type 2 player. Auto most if not all territory battles. Auto fleet battles (even just one a day for the daily). Auto squad arena battles (even just two a day for the daily). Don't obsessively check every store at every refresh. (I also swim through GW each day in about 15 minutes with Resistance, though I thought I heard of some auto-ing that.) The Obsessed/Competitive player who is also Type 2 will have a hard time limiting what he feels he must manually play.

Unfortunately, this is natural attrition that a game such as this must take on to survive and grow. Without Territory Battles (and the coming Guild vs Guild and DS TB), the game becomes stale for long-time players and you will have a greater attrition out of boredom.

So recommend to guildmates to find a way to play less. For at least 3 or 4 phases, the battles do not need to be done manually. Find a way to be okay with less crystals a day and you can skip the arenas, too. Not that I recommend this, but it would to me be a better option than quitting if I had to make that decision.
  • Options
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    And again , yes another one .... with as usual, a masssive waves of retirements of players because they are sick of the waves of snowtroopers , 111 !!!! on 6 days ... We were 5 guilds before the TB , today just 4 , we lost 50 players !!! since this release , most of them complain about the time this mobil game took now with the TB and how boring it is . Cut the waves bye 2 , change the snowtroopers .... do something because at the end you will lose more and more players and for most of the players your TB is just a chore . The idea was great , really great ( like i think the guild vs guild ) but you ruin it with the monotony of the fights and the time it takes .

I genuinely understand this “I don’t have time for TB” argument. My TB contributions including combat and deployment take less time than a bowel movement per day.

If it’s taking longer either you’re playing for a Guild that is attempting 45* in which case I have little sympathy; or you’re doing it wrong. It really is as simple as that.

There is no need to play every single combat mission, even if you’re trying to get 45* come to think of it. It’s about playing the right combat missions.

If 114/114 matters that much to you personally then again I have no sympathy, and I wish you good luck.

TB is a good, and different form of content than we are used to. They need congratulating to castigating. You’ll be getting a DS version soon where you can fight endless waves of something else too
    This guy gets it. It take as long as u make it. Who switches mod for tb not I platoon placement and deployment should not take that long. The combat missions if their boring auto them or don't do them and deploy doesn't take that long.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the TB trooper battles are so boring I don't even bother with them half the time anymore - I just try to fill platoons and then deploy everyone else.

I guess your guild doesn't need your TB points then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I find TB and GW less boring than arena and raids.
    there it is, i said it. Not sure how anyone could disagree with this, but after reading the forum i must conclude that i seem to be one of the few players who feels this way.
    TB and GW being repetative and a time sink seems to be the main culprits. Those apply to raids and arena(s) aswell. I find arena(s) and raids to be even more repetative and a bigger timesink than TB and GW tbh. Most importantly, TB and GW don't need to be played at a specific time during the day, wich is awesome.
    If someone could explain this major disconnect between others and myself, i'd be gratefull. I'm genuinely curious. Maybe it's because i finish top3/5 in both hAAT and arena where as others don't, so they won't bother with arena and raids anyway. Other than that, i can't think of any other logical explaination.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    there it is, i said it. Not sure how anyone could disagree with this, but after reading the forum i must conclude that i seem to be one of the few players who feels this way.
    TB and GW being repetative and a time sink seems to be the main culprits. Those apply to raids and arena(s) aswell. I find arena(s) and raids to be even more repetative and a bigger timesink than TB and GW tbh. Most importantly, TB and GW don't need to be played at a specific time during the day, wich is awesome.
    If someone could explain this major disconnect between others and myself, i'd be gratefull. I'm genuinely curious. Maybe it's because i finish top3/5 in both hAAT and arena where as others don't, so they won't bother with arena and raids anyway. Other than that, i can't think of any other logical explaination.

It's the vino - makes you see the world with different eyes...
    I think it's that most of the time you can log 0 on a raid - get the rewards - done. Then if you want, you do some short phases - taking only moments to do - get better rewards - done. Basically - you can 'sim' raids.

But with GW and TB - you have to do it all, yourself. And it all counts. And it'll never change - other then as the Meta changes and people who are behind will have new gripes to complain about and it only gets harder for them. Same goes for the new style of "event farming" - you have to do the event every time, yourself, no sim, if you want the rewards.

IDK - I'm pretty good... but even I start falling to pieces when I have to do the same exact thing for the 100th time.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @PremierVenoth
    In vino veritas? ;)
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Your not the only one, I agree with your sentiments myself.