GW progressively harder

GW is getting progressively harder I guess due to teams rising in levels, equipment, specials, etc... Last few days, it's very, very good level 70 teams, little before middle. They have level 7 specials, 70, and maxed gear. I was freaking out, I have to admit, these were like ranked arena teams I face. Very nice compositions. Of course GS, but the usual (well for me and arena), phasma, QJ, yoda, dooku, Rey, lum, poe and poggle with GS mixtures. Very hard GW to complete. Usually some of those teams alone are hard, but to face them 7 times, ouch. Even with a heavy bench, it the cool downs.

Replies

• Options
    last few days mine has stepped up too. not sure how opponents are selected. I just went lvl 50 myself and now have been getting a stream of high 50 and low 60 to battle in the middle section. Might also jsut be luck of the draw. So long as get at least 400 of the green stuff to get 5 shards I'm not too gutted but progress slowed a bit as I just don't have depth of team to throw at it. ie plan "A" then ...............
    ermmmmm
  • Options
    One thing it did, was help me see what I could try besides by beaten up used up cool down A team with a few subs. I tried some odd combos and they worked. It was a little bit of luck, like a lot of the rest, drop rates on gear, mk III etc...
  • Options
    This thread may be of interest to you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14234/your-answer-to-impossible-gw#latest

I'm skeptical that it will work but I'm going to give it a shot. I'll post here and in the referenced thread with my results.
  • Jedirepublik
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I ran a couple of tests on the effect of arena team power on GW difficulty.

The first night I tried to replace my lead with my lowest power character in arena. I lost the arena battle. GW started out easier but it became too difficult to finish at around battle 9, which was the same as before.

The second night I totally nerfed my arena team by putting in my 5 lowest power toons. I obviously lost the battle. GW was very easy for the first 6 battles. I was able to get to battle 11 but I could not pass it. This is a vast improvement over the results I was previously getting. Before I could get to battle 8, maybe 9 if I was lucky.

The only think I was worried about was getting stomped in the arena while I was working on the GW. Luckily I didn't get engaged in any battles and I was able to replace my nerfed team with my normal team.

In conclusion, even if I lose the battle with a nerfed team in arena, GW is still significantly easier. Good luck everyone.

P.S.

My arena team is as follows:

TOON.........LEVEL........STARS...........GEAR LEVEL.........POWER

Sid (Lead).....66...............7.....................VIII..............................5048

Lumi.............66................6.....................VIII.............................4914

Geo..............65................5......................VIII.............................4490

JC.................66................4.....................VIII.............................4028

Luke.............64................5......................VII.............................3808

Arena rewards Tier 10 daily (#101-200)

Server with faust #1, EzMoney #2, William #3, Peaceout #4
    Post edited by Jedirepublik on