Resistance team without Resistance Trooper

RefugeAssassin
123 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hello all. Currently ive been working on finishing my Resistance team and have around 150 Finn shards to go. That being said when I was farming them I ignored Resistance Trooper in favor of Rebel Pilot 1, because it was an easier farm and 2, because I didnt realize one was better than the other for this squad. My question while I work on getting trooper is, is there any other toon I can plug in in his place that would work? I know ideally you want to keep it Resistance and I suppose I can run Pilot but everything I read says trooper all day so I was wondering if im better suited to stay pilot or use someone else.

Replies

• Options
    I won't bother to read. To directly answer your title - No, you can't run a resistance team without the trooper. As of now you can switch between bb-8, pilot and Rey, Trooper is a must.
  • Options
    Resistance teams are Finn, Poe, and Trooper. Without those three, it just doesn't work.
  • Options
    Trooper can expose on his basic. Everyone else only does that in their specials. No real replacement. They’d work okay, but not amazing as he makes it work consistently
  • Options
    Trooper can expose on his basic. Everyone else only does that in their specials. No real replacement. They’d work okay, but not amazing as he makes it work consistently

The expose on basic is the important point. Even with potency up from BB8 buff you will still run into times when your exposes just don't stick. If that happens and you don't have trooper, you'll be dead or crippled before your stuff comes off CD to get the train rolling again.

Sorry, but the big three really are irreplaceable. Finn, Poe, Trooper.
  • Options
    Yes and no. I used pilot rey and R2 in GW until I had trooper ready and they did just fine, they couldn’t clear the whole thing but they left me with enough firepower to finish it off. In the raid trooper is the only reason it works 80% of the time and without him you might as well be running CUP and tusken
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will just plug pilot in for now and start working on Trooper. It will take a bit but hopefully will be sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Doesnt storm trooper expose on basic attack? Look and see who exposes on basic that you have
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    GudOLGYn wrote: »
    Doesnt storm trooper expose on basic attack? Look and see who exposes on basic that you have

Not being resistance means they won't benefit from Finn's zeta and will thus be a weak link. Putting a non-resistance character in a resistance team means that character never gets turns if your resistance is working as it should.
  • Options
    I won't bother to read. To directly answer your title - No, you can't run a resistance team without the trooper. As of now you can switch between bb-8, pilot and Rey, Trooper is a must.

I agree RT is necessary, but I'm finding BB 8 to irreplaceable on the team as well. I run zFinn, Poe, RT, RP, and BB 8. All at g12 with the exception of RP (g10) and I gotta say to see BB 8 go to work in that mix is a thing of beauty.
  • Options