Zombie's revive vs. DN's Annihilate and Boba Fett's Execute

Prev13
Mod why are you burying my post 5 minutes after it was posted ? how about you respond ?

I have not had the privilege of Fighting Zombie yet, but I pose this question about Zombie's special, I have seen videos of Zombie being revived again and again as the special reads "when Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsisters are active she is revived and this revive cannot be prevented", well what happens when she faces DN or Boba and Annihilate or Execute are used on her ? Both of these moves state the defeated target cannot be revived and this cannot be evaded, well it can't be both so which one is it ? one can't be prevented and on can't be avoided so what happens ?

Replies

• Options
    Zombie revives even vs Boba and DN.
  • Options
    I understand that, but DN's annihilate reads target cannot be revived and it cannot be evaded so how would Zombie be revived ?
  • Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ATAT1977 wrote: »
    I understand that, but DN's annihilate reads target cannot be revived and it cannot be evaded so how would Zombie be revived ?
    Zombie revives no matter what. It can't be stopped from what ive seen. Also don't question what the mods do. They will delete this post as say they will ban you if you make a post questioning what they do again. Hope this proves helpful.
  • Options
    Because zombie's revive "can't be prevented"
  • Options
    Annihilate/execute don't work on her. It's been answered before.
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Zombie's revive overcomes that. It's a design inspired by an elementary school playground battle.

3rd grade boy: I shot you! You're dead!!!
    2nd grade boy: No I'm not, I have a force field!
    3rd grade boy: Yes you are. I shot you with a force field beating laser gun!
    2nd grade boy: No I'm not!!! I have a force field beating laser gun proof force field!

I can't wait for the 3rd grade boy's next reply.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Options
    Because it's supposed to be an endless horde, kill one and another (from somewhere) steps up to replace the one that was executed.
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Zombie revives no matter what. It can't be stopped from what ive seen. Also don't question what the mods do. They will delete this post as say they will ban you if you make a post questioning what they do again. Hope this proves helpful.

It is a valid question, it is not detrimental to the game or anyone else, so why should it get buried ?
  • Options
    Because zombie's revive "can't be prevented"

well neither can annihilate or execute, so they would cancel each other out ?
  • Options
    Because it's zombie. For God's Sake haven't you ever watched TWD?
  • Options

We don’t have many examples but currently any time two abilities with opposite “cannot” effects collide, the ability which prevents the negative effect prevails. I realize it is counterintuitive but that’s simply the way they’ve designed the game to this point.
  • yoda_san
    150 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    "At the end of her turn, and at the start of each encounter, Nightsister Zombie gains Taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is Revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter. This Revive can't be prevented."

"This Revive can't be prevented."
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »

It is a valid question, it is not detrimental to the game or anyone else, so why should it get buried ?

Im not saying you're wrong im just trying to give you a friendly warning because i did the same thing asking why they did what they did and i got "courtesy warning" telling me never to do it again.
  • Options
    annihilated reads cannot be revived or avoided ?
  • Options
    Because it's supposed to be an endless horde, kill one and another (from somewhere) steps up to replace the one that was executed.

YES! This guy gets it....
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Because it's zombie. For God's Sake haven't you ever watched TWD?

No Zombie's are lame
  • Options
    Doesn't matter they designed NS Zombie. Its like how barris can equalize someones health who has healing immunity. It just ignores it cause reasons.

• Options

Annihilate prevents revive and endless horde prevents the revive from being prevented.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    Zombie's revive overcomes that. It's a design inspired by an elementary school playground battle.

3rd grade boy: I shot you! You're dead!!!
    2nd grade boy: No I'm not, I have a force field!
    3rd grade boy: Yes you are. I shot you with a force field beating laser gun!
    2nd grade boy: No I'm not!!! I have a force field beating laser gun proof force field!

I can't wait for the 3rd grade boy's next reply.

In this game an Ugnaught can kill Darth Vader, so there's no need to go looking for logic here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    yoda_san wrote: »

Annihilate prevents revive and endless horde prevents the revive from being prevented.

but it cannot be evaded, so how could Zombie evade it ?
  • Options
    Nightsister Zombie introduces the first “Pre-Taunt” since Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus entered the game, and is the only unit who can Revive through “Revive Immunity.” This combination makes her extremely effective at keeping Nightsister squads alive and functioning. Nightsister Zombie is a challenging nuisance to work around before dealing with the Nightsisters’ primary threats, and her synergy with Mother Talzin makes her a better fit in a Nightsister squad than General Kenobi or other top-tier tanks.

or you can read the actual thread it came from...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/138389/character-strategy-nightsister-zombie/p1

As I said in your OTHER post, this was answered in the characters release notes.. how bout you do some reading and listening instead of just talking and making multiple pointless threads.. I hope this gets through to you now.

• Options

It doesn't evade it. Zombie is killed and revives because the revive "CAN'T BE PREVENTED".
  • Options
    Guys, this is standard game design.

X Doesn't Happen > X Happens.

In this case Annihilate has an ability that has an extra effect that atops something from happening. Zombie is immune to that effect.

It is the same for monopoly.
    Pass go, do not collect $200 > Whenever you pass go collect $200

Same for Magic the Gathering
    This creature cannot be killed (Indestructible) > Destroy targrt creature.
  • yoda_san
    150 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

She doesn't evade it. She gets annihilated but revives still because her revive cant be prevented. I think.

• Options
    but it says target cannot be revived, so how is it revived ?
  • Options
    This is how i look at it. the toon is a horde of zombies, not just 1 zombie. the zombie is not reviving, rather a new zombie is taking its place. taken from the name of the unique, endless horde. It is not called endless lives
  • Options
    but it says target cannot be revived, so how is it revived ?
    Because the zombie can't be stopped from reviving. This is a good explanation:
    This is how i look at it. the toon is a horde of zombies, not just 1 zombie. the zombie is not reviving, rather a new zombie is taking its place. taken from the name of the unique, endless horde. It is not called endless lives

• Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Nightsister Zombie introduces the first “Pre-Taunt” since Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus entered the game, and is the only unit who can Revive through “Revive Immunity.” This combination makes her extremely effective at keeping Nightsister squads alive and functioning. Nightsister Zombie is a challenging nuisance to work around before dealing with the Nightsisters’ primary threats, and her synergy with Mother Talzin makes her a better fit in a Nightsister squad than General Kenobi or other top-tier tanks.

or you can read the actual thread it came from...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/138389/character-strategy-nightsister-zombie/p1

As I said in your OTHER post, this was answered in the characters release notes.. how bout you do some reading and listening instead of just talking and making multiple pointless threads.. I hope this gets through to you now.

Seriously? do I have to quote myself now? It says and Ill quote a quote of a quote here "only unit who can revive through revive immunity"
    How do you not get this?
  • Options
    The real reason is that the zombie is a brand new character so it trumps older chars. This is to incentivize people to get the newest and best chars.
  • Options
    There's no helping one who refuses to read/understand Dev released (and explained) mechanics and needs to stubbornly hold to the fact that one prevent description on a skill can't trump another.