Galactic Night Sister Players Thread

Prev1
A place for NS players to discuss strategy and tactics, theory, weaknesses, counters, or viable options for NS characters.

Replies

• Options
    I'll start things with this tip...

Under Talzin lead, non-attack specials still apply Plague to the target enemy. So who your attack crosshair is targeting is important; even when using Daka's revive, or Ventress buff removal, or Talia heal.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nightsisters are very fun currently :)

It's been a while since I've had a reliable "push auto and win" team since CLS came on the scene...
    I've been running them in arena for a couple of weeks now (was using GK & Thrawn before the zombie/ acolyte combo could take their place) and they certainly have a place in the current meta.

Their reworks have also made for some new interesting raid compositions... still working on that

The team I'm using now is Talzin (double zeta), Asajj (zeta on unique), acolyte, Daka & a crummy 3* g10 zombie

Here's a video I just recorded just to show them in action!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3atCZAFFnWU
  • Options
    Currently farming my NS. I already have zeta on the first MT ability, what should I get next, the second zeta on Talzin or the zeta on Assaj ?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

It's been a while since I've had a reliable "push auto and win" team since CLS came on the scene...
    I've been running them in arena for a couple of weeks now (was using GK & Thrawn before the zombie/ acolyte combo could take their place) and they certainly have a place in the current meta.

Their reworks have also made for some new interesting raid compositions... still working on that

The team I'm using now is Talzin (double zeta), Asajj (zeta on unique), acolyte, Daka & a crummy 3* g10 zombie

I think Zombie doesn't need a lot of HP but rather a good speed to taunt often. Plague is imo the best debuff in game for now and those nightsisters are actually fun to play (just use mine in GW for now, not geared enough).
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

I think Zombie doesn't need a lot of HP but rather a good speed to taunt often. Plague is imo the best debuff in game for now and those nightsisters are actually fun to play (just use mine in GW for now, not geared enough).

I can get thru GW using nothing but NS since this rework. Zeta Talzin lead is great in GW. Almost certainly finish battles with a 5 still alive after all the revives.
  • Options
    Another helpful tip:
    If you ever don't get Acolyte into stealth first turn, just use Talzin multi assist for another attempt. (Assuming your Acolyte is faster than your Talzin, which is almost always going to be the case)
  • Options
    Well, the all NS teams seem pretty tough. I was thinking of a MT lead for zombie speed boost, Zombie, JKA for healing immunity/buff immunity/aoe slam/quasi tank, Darth Sidious for another source of healing immunity/aoe expose to make JKa hit that much harder/heal and tm gain on death, and GK for cleanse/another tank to protect Talzin.

That comp seems to address everything but a dispell, but seems to have enough in place to allow plague to kill everyone since it maybe tough to target the enemy in the best kill order. I’m a month or so away from trying it, so would appreciate any feedback.
  • Options
    Well, the all NS teams seem pretty tough. I was thinking of a MT lead for zombie speed boost, Zombie, JKA for healing immunity/buff immunity/aoe slam/quasi tank, Darth Sidious for another source of healing immunity/aoe expose to make JKa hit that much harder/heal and tm gain on death, and GK for cleanse/another tank to protect Talzin.

That comp seems to address everything but a dispell, but seems to have enough in place to allow plague to kill everyone since it maybe tough to target the enemy in the best kill order. I’m a month or so away from trying it, so would appreciate any feedback.

I've tried Anakin in a NS team in GW. Honestly, he just doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Ventress. Not even close. Sure, he'll gain a lot of extra turns, but so will a zeta Ventress. Ventress will be hitting for 45k near the end of the battle, however. There's just no reason to not include Ventress in a NS team.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

I've tried Anakin in a NS team in GW. Honestly, he just doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Ventress. Not even close. Sure, he'll gain a lot of extra turns, but so will a zeta Ventress. Ventress will be hitting for 45k near the end of the battle, however. There's just no reason to not include Ventress in a NS team.
    MT, zombie, NSA and Ventress seem like musts. Is JKA or Sid a viable 5th? Should be a lot of extra turns.
  • Options

MT, zombie, NSA and Ventress seem like musts. Is JKA or Sid a viable 5th? Should be a lot of extra turns.

I would say yes. I use Daka, but I'd say she's most replaceable. Anakin would get a lot of extra turns. And the combo of Plague and healing immunity works very well.
  • Options
    Well, I’m thinking arena specifically against GK/zarris or chaze(not that I see a lot of those). The point of my team is more defensive almost to the point of time out. I am relying on the opponent never ridding the plague
  • Options
    Zeta MT lead
    Zeta Ventress
    Daka
    NSA
    Zombie (3*)

Finished arena today at 49. First top 50 in a long time, and only Nightsister team in top 50 (although I saw one other there a few days ago).

The zombie/NSA combo has saved me several times.

They’re working out well for GW, too.

This team is the most fun I think I’ve had since I started playing Jan. ‘16.
  • Options
    Agreed. Most fun team I've ever used. I'm running that same team and sitting at 14. Gonna zeta Talzin passive this weekend. Should help even more. I'm absolutely loving this NS rework.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    hi all and thank‘s toTeague for open this thread. perhaps it is an idea to make a nightsister group in discord?
    unfortunately my internet is slow and my english is more/less. i cannot use youtube, so i don‘t know all ideas, which are normal known...

my first question: how can we handle with baze?

actual i run:

talzin lead (zeta leadership)
    daka
    assajj
    talia
    zombie

my first question is:

how can we beat teams with baze/zarriss/kenobi?

my experience after one week is: sure rank under 50, perhaps top 20

the longer the fight goes, the more the sisters can win.
  • Options
    it is very important, that the boring arena with only light side teams has a new hope for the dark‘s!!!
  • Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hi all and thank‘s toTeague for open this thread. perhaps it is an idea to make a nightsister group in discord?
    unfortunately my internet is slow and my english is more/less. i cannot use youtube, so i don‘t know all ideas, which are normal known...

my first question: how can we handle with baze?

actual i run:

talzin lead (zeta leadership)
    daka
    assajj
    talia
    zombie

my first question is:

how can we beat teams with baze/zarriss/kenobi?

my experience after one week is: sure rank under 50, perhaps top 20

the longer the fight goes, the more the sisters can win.

Acolyte instead of Talia helps a lot. Also, I deliberately keep Zombie's crit chance as low as possible. This will help in not giving Barris teams health. You don't want a low damage character criting against her or Chirrut.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    talia was in my first arena team and i like her cleaning and turnmeter and group healing with her basic attack. but of course acolyte helps with her invisibility. i just need little more time to gear her up.

assajj is a beast, if the fight goes longer and more heroes die...

what are good mods for talzin? put tenacity on her, but perhaps she should be fast?
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze and Zeta Barris are both a big problem it seems.
    I've only been using Nightsisters in GW so far, but can't seem to get through the healing which gets rid of the plague (boooo!).
    I am using MT zeta lead(G11),Ventress, (G11), Daka (G12), Acolyte (G11) and Zombie (G11).
    Have had some success by just spamming as many special abilities as fast as possible (even Daka's heal when no heal is needed) to get as much plague down as possible as fast as possible.
    Open to anyone who has more experience.
  • Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    I've only been using Nightsisters in GW so far, but can't seem to get through the healing which gets rid of the plague (boooo!).
    I am using MT zeta lead(G11),Ventress, (G11), Daka (G12), Acolyte (G11) and Zombie (G11).
    Have had some success by just spamming as many special abilities as fast as possible (even Daka's heal when no heal is needed) to get as much plague down as possible as fast as possible.

By the end of a long battle with lots of deaths and resurrection deaths, Ventress is hitting so hard it really doesn't matter. By that point, Barris is just one hit. Not having Plague be very effective is a slight set back, but no big deal.
  • Options

Use a Ventress lead with the + offense and TM removal. You will cut through Barriss / GK and Chaze as well.
  • Options

By the end of a long battle with lots of deaths and resurrection deaths, Ventress is hitting so hard it really doesn't matter. By that point, Barris is just one hit. Not having Plague be very effective is a slight set back, but no big deal.

I just zetaed her I'm hoping she is as good as think and hear she is.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm running a pretty vanilla NS team in arena right now (MT, Asajj, Daka, Acolyte, Zombie), but am toying with other comps. Right now I'm gearing up my Thrawn to try out
    • Talzin
    • Daka
    • Ventress
    • Thrawn
    • General Grievous

Theory is Thrawn goes first, gives TM to Grievous, who drops his AOE heal immunity on 1+ enemies, then Talzin drops Plague. The heal immunity only lasts 1 round but should give plague more time to take root and gives you more opportunities to pile it on and help it spreads, esp. when fighting Chaze or other heal teams.

(Sidious might also be interesting here, because he's so fast, or Death Trooper, because his AOE heal immunity lasts 2 rounds, but I don't have Sidious or DT but I do have a 7* Grievous, so ... )
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Crap - you know what, I think I just debunked my own theorycraft.

I forgot that zBarris's power isn't actually a heal, and therefore is unaffected by Heal Immunity. (Still a strategy I want to try against Chaze though!)
  • Options
    Not entirely....the zeta part is blocked by healing immunity. The ability a player uses on her turn isn’t blocked by healing immunity.
  • Options
    Part of the reason I want Sid and JKA in my lineup. More healing immunity and an AOE expose from Sidious to make JKA’s group slam really hurt.
  • Options
    did MT and NS just become obsolete with the new kylo ? if new and old kylo take less damage from based attacks, doesnt this mean that plague, the brand new debuff, just got a nerf ?

I run a zeta cls (lead), zraid han, zr2d2, gk, and then either MT or DN. not sure if I should pull the trigger on zeta for ventress or old daka. I am almost at 7* w/ acolyte and would use a 3* zombie.

are the extra zeta's worth it for ns team or just wait for the new resistance/FO teams

thoughts?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Nightsisters are an amazing "push auto and win" team...

Very rare to lose an offensive battle when fielding a strong team,..

It's kind of obnoxious with the Acolyte/ Zombie combo... but I guess that's how they work... so maybe I don't feel so bad when they grind down the other team and pull out the victory through some "miracle" that always seems to happen :)
  • Options
    Have any of you put a zeta on Daka, and if so, how is it working out for you?
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i made a thread with this question:

hi to the swhoh universe,

i make my first fights with my nightsisters in arena.

talzin (4*)leader (zeta)
    asajj
    old daka
    talia
    zombie (2*)

today i was able to reach rank 10 in a commander luke dominated arena.

i have a question: the zeta ability of old daka gives her 10% more max health, if she is alive and another sister is revived. the zeta-ability of talzin revive a "death" to assist another sister, who use her basic attack. if no enemy dies the assisting sister dies.
    but in my discription they write of a "reviving". so also for daka's 10%?

if i understand right, each revival brings daka 10% more max-health. if she herself revive two sisters, she has 20% more max-health.
    AND with the "talzin" revivals she has 40/50 % max-health in a short time.

zaka, one of the best zetas?

if the revival of zombie counts too - and in my german description they write "revive" - she had fast 70/80 % more max health.

someone of you has experience with her?
    is it so, as i wrote?
  • Options
    I'm going to put a zeta on Daka next. Already have 2 on Talzin and 1 on Ventress. I don't know how good Daka's will be, but it seemed least important to me. Could make her more tank-y tho. And make her heal stronger. As her health goes up, her healing 50% of that is awesome.