Help from First Order players!

Hey all! Glad to finally have an account so I can interact on these forums!

I wanted a long endeavour to aim for in this game so I decided to go all in on First Order a while ago. So far I have 3/4 zetas (don't have FOTP zeta yet) and have been building them a lot. I'm trying to be ready for whenever they release a hopefully game breaking FO toon. I am running into a couple issues...if anybody who has experience with a full zeta First Order team has any advice on overcoming these obstacles that would be great.

So far my biggest issue is (of course) CLS teams. I just cannot figure out how to approach them. I'm not using the team in the arena yet, but have been doing every GW with them to practice. I can usually make it all the way to the end with barely taking any damage, then it's almost always CLS, and they just destroy me, no matter how many times I try. I have yet to beat a CLS lead team with these guys. It's annoying that I can't use kylo's aoe for TM, since everybody counters. If Base is there I can't really use FOST or Phasma's TM abilities, because he gains a bunch of TM and dispelled me anyway. Kenobi is a pain in the bass, because he is pretty much guaranteed to taunt unless either FOTP goes first and I can give buff immunity, or FOO goes and he can give FOTP TM. CLS is incredibly annoying to the game, regardless, but I imagine he can be beat. I've thought about putting my (z)Thrawn in for FOO, but I'd rather keep it all First Order if I can.

Next issue is Zaul teams. If he gets Daze the TM gains don't work. And they always get stealth, since I'm getting so many crits. I've beaten them a few times, but they always give me trouble. I've seen FO Kylo Ten beat these teams on YouTube, but I'm not sure how he pulls it off.

Those r my only questions, any other tips r good, too. Now I'll post some stuff about my team so u can know what I'm working with. Since they aren't my arena team, I don't have my absolute best mods on them yet, but I have my second best sets. A few still need Crit Dmg primary triangles and they will all gain a little more speed. All are 7 stars

Plasma has her zeta, and omegas on all besides her basic so far. She is gear level 10. Her speed is 186, I have a crit chance set and a crit dmg set on her.

FOST has all abilities maxed including the zeta. Gear level 10. His speed is 201. I have a speed set and a health set on him.

Kylo has only his zeta maxed. His three omegas are next in line, but not there yet. He is gear level 10. Speed is 188 with an offense set and a crit chance set. I know I need his speed much higher. I haven't farmed many offense mods yet.

First Order Officer has all his abilities maxed besides his basic. He is gear level 11 (a few days from gear 12) his speed is 235, but will be 253 when I start them in the arena. He has a speed MOD set, but the other two mods don't make a set, I was going for speed secondaries.

FOTP has all abilities maxed besides his zeta unique. Probably 2 weeks away from that. His speed is 201 and he has a crit chance set and a crit dmg set. He is probably modded exactly how I will have him with crit dmg triangle and offense cross. He does insane damage!!

There it is. I love this team and hope I can use them in the arena asap!! I stay top 50 with my Zader team, and was hoping this would be my top 20/top 10 team. CLS kinda threw a wrench in that, but I'm sure they can keep me top 50 and will be super fun!! Also great for GW, tank, and the upcoming dark side TB. Thanks for any help, guys.

Also...please don't bash FO or tell me to get another team. I've put far too much into this team to stop, and I have no regrets, haha. My CLS team is ready for when he comes back, but I don't think I'll switch to rebels even when I get him. Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Used to use FO myself, great team like you said until Zaul, difficult but manageable with the right RNG. CLS however just turned them on their head. All my guys were maxed up until the gear 12 update. Now kylo and FOTP are gear 12 but the other three are still gear 11. The biggest issue you will have is Zolo, he can KO with one move on FOO and FOTP. Another issue is Kylo on defence will will be destroyed as his AI prioritises lash out which is great, except against CLS teams as he will just get countered/stunned to death. If you’re set on using them regardless then make FOO as fast as possible, the other guys you’re spot on with. Make offence secondaries your prime choice for FOTP as he doesn’t require speed due to all the TM manipulation and therefore making him hit much much harder. I use used Thrawn in place of FOO for a while and on paper it looks good but IMO I found FOO better but I can’t explain why and my Thrawn was maxed back then except he was 5*.

Completely unrelated but if you use these guys in HAAT, use them P2, and only use FOTP double tap unless the tank is toppled (you get the offence down debuff) and you have victory march or marching orders next. Otherwise do not use it. DT allows FOTP to get advantage back if the second hit crits which it’s almost guaranteed and therefore Kylos lash out will give him extra TM.
  • Options
    I used to run a full zeta'd gear 11 FO team.
    You've basically described all the issues they have with the current meta. Prior to cls the only team that gave them any real trouble was zmaul, per the reasons you described.
    I replaced FOO with thrawn towards the end and it was a little better. However when cls came along the team was rendered fairly inefective. Even at gear 11 (with all bar 1 piece for that tier) they're just too squishy.
    The power creep see's new toons becoming faster with all around better stats and abilities.
    Gear 12 with great mods might see you dipping beyond the top 50 but it's a heavy investment.
    They sure are fun to play though.

Like you I'm looking forward to new FO characters.
  • Options
    I run all gear 12 FO all zeta but again switched out FOO for Thrawn, I tend finish top 50 maybe? (Dec 2015) but I have problems with CLS teams too, as well as the zeta barris/Kenobi combos
  • Options
    Essentially the current meta screws us, but zeta maul should no longer be a problem thanks to Fotp buff immunity before damage
  • Options
    Sit and pray they get an update with the new film.

/Thread really
  • Options
    Hahaha, thanks. As long as I stay top 50 I'm content to sit and enjoy until a new character comes along! Some kind of healing mechanism and an ability block would probably solve all problems. I guess whenever I run them in arena I'll start with using Thrawn. I have my fingers crossed for either Hux, Cardinal, or Snoke!