Building a turn meter reducing team

I've been reading up on all this info about how turn meter reduction can do wonders in raids. My question is should I try Building a team using a synergy of some kind with turn meter reduction or just use random characters with turn meter reduction skills? In reality I see no point in synergies as the goal is to keep the target (in this case a rancor) from being able to attack therefore causing massive damage over time. What way should I go?

Replies

• Options
    If you have CLS and thrawn, you have an auto heroic pit Solo. I set it and walk away
  • MidasWelby
    203 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It's not based on synergy. The basic idea is to have someone like TFP or Dengar apply tenacity down and then bring a bunch of toons that remove TM, like Teebo, QGJ, Rex, etc.

(Edit) Speaking strictly Rancor, here.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Just put high potency in them. Don't waste time in dengar
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Zader (L) TFP, Rex, Jyn, Thrawn seems to work quite well for me against Rancor.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    For Rancor, you don't need synergy. You just need to remove TM. There are many teams that can do this on Auto if you are a long time player. If you're a newer player, the easily available toons are Teebo (L), QGJ, Rex, 5s. I've solod the rancor with Wiggs and CLS. Other 2 spots empty. Lots of options now.
  • Options
    My first Rancor auto after Luke came out was: CLS, ST Han, QGJin, First Order Officer, and R2D2. I probably didn't need them all. I rarely solo anymore, just mess around with different teams.
  • Options
    I use CLS, Jyn and Wiggs. Auto and walk away
  • Options
    I run CLS, Raid Han, Thrarn R2 and Ewok elder just in case as I haven't finished gearing Thrawn, and I auto every time. Only Zeta I have on that team is number crunch. Once I zeta Han and gear Thrawn I am going to drop ewok elder as he only needs to heal others maybe once in Rancor and it usually is Thrawn
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Since I don't have CLS or Thrawn, is it worth having two TM reducers (say Jyn and Teebo) or is that not necessary?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    IMO yes.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Yes which? Worth it or not necessary?
  • Options
    yes it is worth it, soloing the rancor is all about controling his TM
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Since I don't have CLS or Thrawn, is it worth having two TM reducers (say Jyn and Teebo) or is that not necessary?

Yes it's worth it if you have characters that can cause speed down I would use them and characters to give tm to tm reducers.
  • Options
    I used to run teebo tfp qgj royal guard captain p and ewok elder and they even do good against rankor didn't solo though.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yes which? Worth it or not necessary?

If you don’t have the high end toons like CLS, Thrawn, zSolo etc...then it’s pretty necessary to have multiple TM reduction toons with high potency. With the rest of the party likely comprised of ally assist characters to get extra attacks out of the TM reduction toons.

For a long time popular Rancor teams were similar to Teebo(l), GeoSoldier, QGJ, FOO and Phasma. With toons like Biggs and TFP mixed in at various slots.
  • Options
    I don't have CLS so I've used Teebo (l), Jyn, Rex, TFP, Cassian to solo many times. It's a pain tho, and can't auto it, so I usually just use teebo+jyn+other 3 random dps for fun.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    In reality I see no point in synergies as the goal is to keep the target (in this case a rancor) from being able to attack therefore causing massive damage over time. What way should I go?

I assume, you don't have CLS, since you're asking for help composing a complete team.

Phasma and TFP synergize well. Phasma opens woth victory march to ensure that TFP will score a crit and hence land his tenacity down.

Jyn, FOO, R2D2 and Phasma synergize well with Teebo. They offer Teebo TM or stealth when he looses his stealth.

EE and ewok scout synergize well with Teebo lead and ewok synergies.

Jyn and Bistan synergize well with other rebels giving you the opportunity to include some rebel attackers, who don't have TM reducing caåavilities

Then there's the whole Zader/empire TM reductipn mechanism.
  • Options
    CLS, R2, Jyn, Raid Han, and Thrawn = GG
  • Options
    Some teams I have used to complete the entire raid
    • Wedge, Biggs, Jyn, CLS, Han (auto)
    • Wedge, FOO, Jyn, CLS, Han (auto)
    • Wedge, FOO, Jyn, Cassian, Bistan
    • Teebo, FOO, Jyn, TFP, Phasma
    • Teebo, FOO, Rex, TFP, Phasma
    You may find yourself better prepared to go for the P1 solo test first
    • Teebo, QGJ, Wedge, Biggs, Phasma
    • Teebo, QGJ, Vader, TFP, FB Luke
    Teebo was the go-to for a while.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    [*] Teebo, FOO, Jyn, TFP, Phasma

This one interests me because it's the closest I have to 7* each. Only have TFP at 7 but the rest are at 6 and climbing.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I could solo rancor manually using Teebo, Jyn, Rex, Cassian, TFP. Cassian gives a lot of debuffs including offense down, speed down and defense down. TFP for the tenacity down. Teebo, Jyn and Rex for the TMR.

Now, I solo Rancor faster using zVader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn, Jyn. Almost all in auto. No CLS yet.
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You can still use Vader (no zeta) as lead with TFP, Tarkin, Jyn and Rex (assuming no CLS obviously 7* Thrawn). Other suggestions here you can swap in over Rex, for example (he'd be great if he just stuck to his basic attack on auto).

Really important TFP gets Tenacity Down, Jyn is your main TM removal so Crit. Chance/Speed is important and save Vader's Culling Blade for when Rancor is toppled - no zeta means Rancor will have a lot less debuffs on him but you can take off 6-7% (maybe more?) health with that hit alone.

Almost impossible to solo the whole raid with that lineup unless they're really well geared and modded, but I've gotten 5+ million on auto and saved myself a zeta.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    You can still use Vader (no zeta) as lead with TFP, Tarkin, Jyn and Rex (assuming no CLS obviously 7* Thrawn). Other suggestions here you can swap in over Rex, for example (he'd be great if he just stuck to his basic attack on auto).

Really important TFP gets Tenacity Down, Jyn is your main TM removal so Crit. Chance/Speed is important and save Vader's Culling Blade for when Rancor is toppled - no zeta means Rancor will have a lot less debuffs on him but you can take off 6-7% (maybe more?) health with that hit alone.

Almost impossible to solo the whole raid with that lineup unless they're really well geared and modded, but I've gotten 5+ million on auto and saved myself a zeta.

The zeta is not only for DoTs but also for TMR. Without his zeta, it's 25% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter whereas it's doubled with the zeta. A team with Teebo lead is more reliable if you don't have the zeta on Vader.
  • Options
    http://shard.swgoh.life/squads.php?raid=rancor
    see recommendations here.
    anyway, tendown toons together with TMR can do great.
    because you ask this, i guess you dont have CLS or Han Solo zetad, so...
    TFP for tendown
    Jyn, Teebo, QGJ, EScout, Rex, FOO can do great. if you have Zader as Lead, Tarkin and Magma make this easy.
    So to sum it up ...
    if (Zader) {
    Zader + TFP + Tarkin + Magma + Jyn/Teebo/Foo. }
    else{
    Teebo + EwokScout/QGJ + TFP + Jyn + FOO/Rex.

easy peasy. the else option require concetration and tactic, the zader option can be done on solo with good modding. if not good mods, you just need to do "nobrainer" moves and AVOID zader culling blade, since it will remove the speed down and tendown and will cause the rancor to hit you.
  • Options
    Don't forget about Rex and magmatrooper