Best imperial trooper team to beat nightsisters

The way i see it nighsisters could be annoying to fight on higher level Galactic war and i think that imp troopers would be the best counter. They benifit from the constant revives and deaths give tm and offense. And DT can clease NS acolyte stealth. So i was planning on farming DT once i can in 2 levels and i was going to farm ShT and use crystals to unlock him but im not sure who to use for the other 2 spots. Would magma troopers tenacity help? Maybe snowtrooper for more AoE? Any advice would be great. Keep in mind i want this squad specifically to fight nightsisters not the current meta of CLS.

Replies

• Options
    I hear Thrawn lead is eating up nightsister, source is arena shard chat......
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    The way i see it nighsisters could be annoying to fight on higher level Galactic war and i think that imp troopers would be the best counter. They benifit from the constant revives and deaths give tm and offense. And DT can clease NS acolyte stealth. So i was planning on farming DT once i can in 2 levels and i was going to farm ShT and use crystals to unlock him but im not sure who to use for the other 2 spots. Would magma troopers tenacity help? Maybe snowtrooper for more AoE? Any advice would be great. Keep in mind i want this squad specifically to fight nightsisters not the current meta of CLS.

Snowtrooper gets 30% TM and gives his Empire allies 15% TM whenever an enemy is defeated, plus gives other Imperial Trooper allies 20% CD. Also, he has an AOE like you mentioned. He is a monster on Trooper squads, and Zombie will make him better.

Magma is an easy farm so could take the 5th spot, but oh so many Mk 3 Carbantis ... Another benefit to Magma is his secondary attack on basic, so when it is just down to Zombie & stealthed Acolyte, you will always (100% with Omega, 50% without) get an attack on that shadowy sister.

Stormtrooper ain't that bad either on a Trooper squad, and could provide a secondary tank for protection against Asajj group dispel.
  • Options

Snowtrooper gets 30% TM and gives his Empire allies 15% TM whenever an enemy is defeated, plus gives other Imperial Trooper allies 20% CD. Also, he has an AOE like you mentioned. He is a monster on Trooper squads, and Zombie will make him better.

Magma is an easy farm so could take the 5th spot, but oh so many Mk 3 Carbantis ... Another benefit to Magma is his secondary attack on basic, so when it is just down to Zombie & stealthed Acolyte, you will always (100% with Omega, 50% without) get an attack on that shadowy sister.

Stormtrooper ain't that bad either on a Trooper squad, and could provide a secondary tank for protection against Asajj group dispel.

didn't want to use stormtrooper simply because i feel he doesn't have as much to offer as other imp trooper or even non imp trooper such as TFP
  • Options

didn't want to use stormtrooper simply because i feel he doesn't have as much to offer as other imp trooper or even non imp trooper such as TFP

Then use Magma. He is tanky when geared, and has a TM-stealing AOE. With Veers, DT, Snow, Magma, that should be plenty of AOE to deal with the sisters.
  • Options

Then use Magma. He is tanky when geared, and has a TM-stealing AOE. With Veers, DT, Snow, Magma, that should be plenty of AOE to deal with the sisters.

I think i might do something like that and the. I'll also throw in shoretrooper once i have him. To help get rid of plague.
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options

Stormtrooper is very good tank and i am using him in my Empire team in arena. He just cant die:)
  • Options
    Shoretrooper is what you really need to get rid of the plague in time. Thrawn lead + Shore even without Veers is good vs. NS.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

Stormtrooper is very good tank and i am using him in my Empire team in arena. He just cant die:)
    That has not been my experience with empire teams. He is never used in my shard and if he is he can be a very easy target. I'm usually wary when i use his taunt, i use my empire team in GW to clear the first half, as he can dies pretty fast.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Some days ago a video was made where a Veers + Troopers chew through NS like nothing.

Edit: found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptIhiTbVLTk

I use zzThrawn, Stormtrooper, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper and Tarkin. Thanks to the TM swap and Shore the plague is rather easily countered (on offense at least), with Fracture and the dispel revives aren't that problematic either.
  • Options
    I run nightsisters and to be honest there only good right now because they can beat single target cls squads. By the time you make an imperial squad they will be old news. If I were you I would either run a chaze squad of some sort with wiggs cls if you have him. I stay away from wiggs squads. Wedge can take out nsa. If no cls I personally would recommend boba. AOE does ability block. Abilities is how they add plague. Also exicute Mt and they don't come back. PS don't execute zombie dosent work.
  • Options
    Even zaul is a tough out if Ds is in the squad just keep taking out zombie with maul gets all his bonuses plus D's gets tm. Then just AOE with both.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I run nightsisters and to be honest there only good right now because they can beat single target cls squads. By the time you make an imperial squad they will be old news. If I were you I would either run a chaze squad of some sort with wiggs cls if you have him. I stay away from wiggs squads. Wedge can take out nsa. If no cls I personally would recommend boba. AOE does ability block. Abilities is how they add plague. Also exicute Mt and they don't come back. PS don't execute zombie dosent work.

Im a lvl 80 player so ive been around the block. And i don't think NS will be old news unless the new rey really shakes things. I already have most imp troopers at 5 stars.
  • Options
    I have every character unlocked except 3. When you're end game it's easy to counter them.
  • Options
    There's really no need to build a team just to beat them. The standard meta team will do just fine.
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

That has not been my experience with empire teams. He is never used in my shard and if he is he can be a very easy target. I'm usually wary when i use his taunt, i use my empire team in GW to clear the first half, as he can dies pretty fast.

What is your empire team? My Stormtrooper is g11. Even when he was g10 plus Shoretrooper also g10 my empire was able to beat cls teams mostly g12. I run Thrawn lead plus DT, Shore,Storm and Palp. Storm at g11 has more than 70k prot/ health. It is enough to absorb the beating from Rebels. With crit imunity from Shore he cant die:). Leia on full offense and crit dmg up under Cls lead is hitting like 4k dmg. That is nothing really. Storm is a wall with his defense.