This forum...

Is nothing like it used to be.. its dead

All we have in GENERAL forum is the same threads thats been here with 1k posts.. may as well call it the 'popular' thread forum

Ive had private messages with mods re this and i do understand and appreciate the intention..

Im sure this will get moved/deleted before it gets an audience but please revert back... this forum is dieing

Replies

• Options
    They don't want a community here. They just want a Q&A forum.

No other explanation makes sense of the utterly absurd number of sub-forums.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm using these forums less and less. Having to browse 10 subsubforums only to see that only 2 of them contain new posts about events is just a waste of time. I really like offering my advice to posters, but this browsing simply takes too long.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

All we have in GENERAL forum is the same threads thats been here with 1k posts.. may as well call it the 'popular' thread forum

Ive had private messages with mods re this and i do understand and appreciate the intention..

Im sure this will get moved/deleted before it gets an audience but please revert back... this forum is dieing

+1, I never bother reading the posts with over 200 replies on them because they are long, full of discussions off the topic and just a load of rubbish, actually the only good thing on this forum is the GIF thread under the off topic tab, hilarious sometimes :-D
  • Options
    I just come here to troll now - it's all this forum is good for. I have turned to Discord for all my information and discussion.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I'm using these forums less and less. Having to browse 10 subsubforums only to see that only 2 of them contain new posts about events is just a waste of time. I really like offering my advice to posters, but this browsing simply takes too long.

"Discussions" link at the top shows you all the recent posts in chronological order. Sure you have to scroll past all the guild recruitment threads but it's still much faster than browsing all the subforums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

"Discussions" link at the top shows you all the recent posts in chronological order. Sure you have to scroll past all the guild recruitment threads but it's still much faster than browsing all the subforums.

I tried to use that for a while, but scrolling past hundreds of useless posts and guild recruitments just to find a couple posts actually worth reading is more of a chore than it's worth.
  • Options
    They’ve had too much blowback from the community, they’re cracking down. Why do you think they moved bug reports to a largely difficult to use EA general site? They’re tired of dissent, and they only want people seeing positive when they have their wallet ready.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Nothing is deleted, as long as it is in within the Forum Guidelines.

The new Events section is the start of a change to the forum layout, more to come....and no it will not be going back to just spamming the GD so all topics are buried in one day, sorry.

They’ve had too much blowback from the community, they’re cracking down. Why do you think they moved bug reports to a largely difficult to use EA general site? They’re tired of dissent, and they only want people seeing positive when they have their wallet ready.

not sure its really "difficult".... i have used it before and even before i played this game. different yes, but thats ok.

not sure what bugs and dissent have to do with each other, but there is plenty of negativity on this forum, so if we are hiding it, we are doing a pretty bad job of it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I tried to use that for a while, but scrolling past hundreds of useless posts and guild recruitments just to find a couple posts actually worth reading is more of a chore than it's worth.

also i found this thread using the 'Recent Discussions' button... its really helpful.
  • Options
    Recent discussions is like the old general discussions but with a bunch more junk that you don't want to see. This 'new' approach they're trying here, is not really new at all, and never really ends well for the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    Recent discussions is like the old general discussions but with a bunch more junk that you don't want to see. This 'new' approach they're trying here, is not really new at all, and never really ends well for the community.

The old way wasn't good for the community either, that's why a lot of people complained. we are seeing less mega threads, less repeated posts about the same thing, more 'recently relevant' information on the page 1 of GD, single locations to look for recurring events, and a thriving strategy discussion. but this is all IMO.