Is Zaul dead?

Like any good player that came in late to this game I'm constantly playing catch up.
I just zeta'd Zaul and Zavage to go into the arena alongside EP, Vader, and Nihilus.
This team gets me into top 100 but it has real problems with Chaze. Especially when CLS is lead.
So, did I waste my time and zetas?
I feel like sith are obsolete in arena.
Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    My scimitar is only 6* but I did just place 10th in ship arena. The 200 crystals are nice!

I guess my real concern is being behind the meta.
    While I'm zeta'ing maul and savage I have a 7* Thrawn and OG Han just sitting around at gear 7.
    I guess I'm old school and get caught up trying to make a tribal squad.
  • Options
    You are about 9 months behind the meta. You'll get use out of them. Scimitar is great in Fleet arena. But don't expect that team to get you anywhere in arena right now.
  • Options
    I kinda hope Zaul is dead. These days, it's a team that's just annoying to go against more than anything. If you're packing CLS+R2 and the usual, you're going to win against Zaul, it's only a matter of putting up with it long enough to do so.

I'm sure it was a great team at one point and probably fun to play, I guess... But for the rest of us it's just another annoying bump in the road of an already frustrating Galactic War (Zaul no longer exists in the top 50 on my shard, so that's the only place I see him).
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Haha. Love it.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I doubt he’ll make much of a comeback for DS TB too.
  • Options
    It's dead but if you hunt down the right teams you mabe can jump your way around a bit. You see a first order squad take it down. If you have D's attack nightsisters if they have a week zombie. Use zaul to kill zombie over and over he will get all his buffs just from taking her down over and over. D's gains turn meter for zombie deaths. Then take out any almost dead targets with maul and finish with both there aoes. Probably could also take down ressistance fairly easy if it's the originals.
  • Options
    Zaul is currently buried deep in the ground. It's over for him until the next major sith rework. Then it's unknown who will emerge.
  • Options
    My guild mate is a Maul big fan, he runs this squad all g12: zMaul, zSavage, zNihilus, Assassin and Trooper. But he barely can reach top 20. As said, Maul meta has passed....
  • Options
    i still get top 20/10/5 with zaul lead but of course waiting for DS reword ;-).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/filthymcnasty888/
  • Options
    tbo im only a small margin from smashing lots of teams so with a palp and vader rework im pretty confident ill be double p1 in arenas again
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT!!

Obi-Wan Kenobi killed Darth Maul so he is pretty much dead.
  • Options
    Dead in arena but is excellent in DS TB and is quite useful in TW if your guild sets a territory as all Zauls.
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT!!

Yeah you should prob watch Rebels. Or TCW.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT!!

Lol you should too! ;)
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, save for p2w players you'll constantly find yourself grinding for the next best thing. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it, much more than I would if I dropped tens of thousands of dollars on a mobile app, but the best way to look at it is you now have a full squad that could still have its uses in different modes and it's time to start farming for your next team.

(Legit though I watched a stream recently with a guy who drops over 25k a year on this game and it really got me thinking, I'd much rather compete for ranks 20-100 with my f2p bros than spend that kind of cash on an app. Obviously I couldn't afford that even if I wanted too, well I could but I'd be getting a divorce the next day, but it just made me feel sorry for the guy.)
  • Options
    I run exactly the same team. Same two zetas.

A simple answer to your question: yes.

However, with potential dark side love next month it's not quite the final nail in the Sith coffin :wink:

I started a Plan B months ago. If next month doesn't deliver, you may wanna consider one yourself.

Good luck and stay dark side :smile:
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you use Zaul in a full Sith team....Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

There are possiblities though. One thing in my mind right now is maul could be effective against low gear zmbie since he will get one more turn after zombie is dead, and he has AOE daze
  • Options
    If you use Zaul in a full Sith team....Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

There are possiblities though. One thing in my mind right now is maul could be effective against low gear zmbie since he will get one more turn after zombie is dead, and he has AOE daze

Him along with sidious is tough against low star zombie just kill zombie until they both can aoe.
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT!!

Maybe you need to watch Rebels more lmao
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul is dead R2 killed him.
  • Options
    Dead as a doorknob.

Although having 25 zaul teams in a single territory war zone can make life difficult, especially as most use R2 in their defensive line ups
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT!!

Maybe you need to watch Rebels more lmao

Well... kitten. He went and killed him twice, didn't he.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say dead - not very relevant in arena. I still use that squad, but I'm a sith faithful. Like @Shaunyvee said though, that squad is really useful in TW on Defense. It will usually eat up at least a couple teams that the opposing guild throws at it. It's kinda like Phoenix teams like that in TW, they're beatable, but usually underestimated and someone will toss an underpowered team at it and lose.
  • Options
    His lead has passed...for now.

We have no idea what's gonna happen in February. If it affect Sith in any way his lead might return OR he might be part of a new Sith squad. The zeta lead won't matter if that happens, being part of a squad, but all the other time and resources you spent on Maul won't be a waste.

Also, zMaul teams are still pretty good in TB and TW.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    He’s gonna come back as a full spider. Not just the legs this time
  • Options
    I'm hoping an EP rework makes sith relevant again.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Like any good player that came in late to this game I'm constantly playing catch up.
    I just zeta'd Zaul and Zavage to go into the arena alongside EP, Vader, and Nihilus.
    This team gets me into top 100 but it has real problems with Chaze. Especially when CLS is lead.
    So, did I waste my time and zetas?
    I feel like sith are obsolete in arena.
    Thoughts?

zMaul, zSavage, and Nihilus are all great in a Sith team. EP does just fine too. But Vader, sadly, is currently useless unless he's the leader (Does OK under EP). If you'll make the switch to Sith Assassin, which is easier since he's the login toon for next month, you'll do better. Taking out EP for Sith Trooper and you will win on offense against any Meta team. You will be targeted more, for not running the Meta, but you can make it work.