Question for the whales and guys who are maxed out - what exactly do you guys do now?

Serious question! Once you guys have your 7* maxed gear top 20 toons, what do you guys do now? I figure you're all fighting for #1 in Arena but that is about it. I am guessing GW can be run on auto as can any other mission. You probably have Yoda now so that event is done with.

Reason I ask is I am getting bored I am a lowly F2P guy! I really havent cared much about Arena so I've been snagging the characters that the kids and I like the most just for fun. I have a decent squad, I recently hit level 70 and I can finish GW off and on if I dont get the wall of lvl 70 7* (most of my guys are 4-5* and lvl 60 or so).

Hitting sims for 20-50 times for a few shards or a couple pieces of purple gear when you need 100 just isnt fun. I do have fun in Arena and GW just so I can see different setups. I even picked a Yoda team the other day in Arena just to see how he was (seemed a bit squishy when run by AI).

For now I am just going to keep going after characters but what are all you others that are maxed doing now? I recently thought maybe I'd go ahead and buy a bundle of crystals to level up faster or try and get characters faster but I really saw no benefit to it right now.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem yet, as I don't have 20 (or any) 7*, but my answer to this question would be "max the 21st".
    This is a collectors' game, first and foremost. The tactical aspect is minimal. Despite some people arguing about it like this were West Point, it is a turn based tactical game where every character has a very limited number of options, so it's easy to master. There is no personal skill (such as reflexes or accuracy) involved, and the things you can do per day are limited by energy. The real appeal is to collect characters, Pokemon style, and then try new different things.

Those who only want to focus on 5-6 chars and win in Arena will get bored soon, because Arena is just 5 battls of 2 minutes each per day, and not extremely tactical or challenging anyways.

Those who already have ALL characters, the biggest leviathans among the whales... well, I suspect they are already bored, and if they still play is because they are pot-committed.
  • Options
    So i have been playing for 2 weeks, and I have:

LVL 70 - 7*/VIII Gear - QGJ
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Darth Sidious
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Grand Moff Tarkin
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Kylo Ren
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Kit Fisto
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Jedi Cons.
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Darth Maul
    LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear - Luminara

The time it will take to get the other 65 Characters to LVL 70 7*/VIII Gear leaves me with nothing to do after 4 months, assuming no new content. However, with the release of QGJ to the masses, I will no longer buy Chromium packs, which means I'm farming shards like everyone else. So i'm gonna be busy for the next couple of years.
  • Options
    I'm just level 69 but running into this already.

Can hit number 1 ever day. Depends on sniped if have it at 6 though. Initially the goal was to catch up an beat the 2 whales that held 1and 2 for the first month and a half. Now I can but now what?? Guess they can raise the cap and watch the whales take over again for a month...
  • Options
    Well my plan after I get the last few characters my kids want is to try and focus on an Arena squad. I seem to fluctuate anywhere from the 700's if I throw a bad team together for fun vs. the 300's. I never really went after it though so my teams are only around 18K power. As long as I got enough credits for a couple shards worth a day I was fine with things.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it really depends on how dedicated you are. I for one am max gearing my arena team (including 50 purp items). Then, I will look over their lvl 70-80 gear, and start working on those (most likely more 50's). Unless you are the whaliest of whales, you aren't maxed on 50 item slots. And I am sure all of us whales want to get their Reys and QGJ's to the next gear level as soon as possible.
  • Options
    I was a pretty big whale when I first started playing, managed to get all the characters that matter to 5,6 or 7*, so I have a really good base, now im just filling in the gaps, farm the 5* and 6* characters to 7*, gear them all up, level them all up etc Im usually #1 or #2 in my PVP server, and GW is really fun for me but never overly challenging
  • Options
    I only have 15 70s and 14 of those are 7*. Currently I'm building up others to lv 60 first and gearing them. Working on scoundrels, gs (yes, seriously), and Tusken raider gearing for some GW lovin. I still have plenty to work on. As I get credits I work on leveling one of them to 60 or promote. The only ones that say they have nothing to do are either happy keeping their main 5 maxed and that's it and letting credits and mats pile up, have all toons at 70 so just gearing them al, to purple, or happy with what they have and just want to do something else. There should be more 'free' stuff to do, and there will be in time. But there's always something to do, it just depends on if you want to/ can afford to do it or not. I don't think there's anyone with all 70s and purple gear. I know there are a few with all 70s but they can still work on gearing up someone.
  • Options
    I was a pretty big whale when I first started playing, managed to get all the characters that matter to 5,6 or 7*, so I have a really good base, now im just filling in the gaps, farm the 5* and 6* characters to 7*, gear them all up, level them all up etc Im usually #1 or #2 in my PVP server, and GW is really fun for me but never overly challenging

+1
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me