Light Side Tier 9 Normal/Hard -- Resistance or Rebel

I need to start plowing through the Light Side Tier 9 missions and I'm curious if Resistance or Rebel is a better choice.

I have a bunch of 7* Rebels (Ackbar, Wedge, Biggs, Cassian, ST Han, Leia,) and mix of 6* and 7* Resistance (all except Trooper and BB8). I also have 6* R2. Everyone is Gear 8.

Which team would be better and do I need anyone else?

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    If you want to complete 9 lightside hard modes with g8 toons, your only shot would be zfinn resistance. And you need to make sure Poe is fast enough to go first. Also there isn’t a star requirement to do the hard nodes so I would include trooper in your resistance team since trooper, Poe and zfinn are the central pieces of any resistance team.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem taking anyone to G9 or G10. I probably have to get Resistance there anyway so I can finish up the last speed mod challenge.
  • Options
    Resistance makes it a cake walk in the tea park
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Resistance will do better with lower gear, and will serve well in many places.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    If you want to complete 9 lightside hard modes with g8 toons, your only shot would be zfinn resistance. And you need to make sure Poe is fast enough to go first.

How much speed is needed for Poe to go before the first wave enemies?

I just tried it with Poe at 188 and that wasn't enough. I was still able to make it to the final wave for the first time (my rebel team always dies before then) but Poe had already taken too many hits and died too quickly.

I shuffled some mods to get him to 202 but I'm guessing still too low?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Also, if you can find someone to loan you a CLS, then all those light side 9 battles become infinitely easier
  • Options
    Get lucky with the character(s) that get hit on the first attack and a Poe speed of 200 is more than enough - play them right and you don't get hit again for the rest of the 3 fights!!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah I know but the question is how fast does he need to be to go first so they don't even get hit on that first attack? This helps in reducing the reliance on RNG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Also if you can borrow a zFinn or a Poe you can slot R2 in, get double leadership bonus and laugh all the way to the bank
  • Options
    Borrow a hero from one of the many threads that let you do so
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Options
    I know that resistance can be a great way to go on these challenges. I recently completed Light 9 normal and hard with g9-10 Wedge lead rebels. I have two allies who have CLS, and i used those on Light 9A normal and 9b Hard. After that, I swapped wedge out of my team, and put akbar in lead so that I could use Ally Wedges (i have several that are g10+ and maxed.) So, It'd be Wedge (l), Akbar (l), Biggs, Leia, Lando and Jyn. Saved Jyn's AOE incase anyone got killed and needs a revive.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah I know but the question is how fast does he need to be to go first so they don't even get hit on that first attack? This helps in reducing the reliance on RNG.

I don’t remember the exact number but I think it’s in the range of 230-240. Put your best speed mods on Poe and go try it. Worst case is you waste 20 normal energy. If you don’t end up going first, pay attention to how close poe’s Tm is to 100%. It will give you a rough idea how much more speed you need.
  • Options
    I beat all 4 of the light side 9 hard nodes with my all Gear 8 Phoenix team. Borrowed a g12 zzzCLS for all the battles. It was super easy and hilarious. G8 toons beating the game. What a joke