iPhone X

Are there plans to update the game for the iPhone X?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This isn't really a game topic, you can report it as an issue if you want. <<Answers HQ>>
  • Options
    I don't understand how this is not a game topic
  • Options
    This is clearly a game topic. Why does anything about the iPhone X formatting get buried in off topic?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    this has to do with the phone. there is no game issue or anything about the game that is affected by someone having the phone. sorry there is no content or anything specific to the Iphone X that applies to the game.

again if there is an issue please report it and it will get the attention it needs. <<Answers HQ>>

• Options
    No one is upset with the phone, they’re asking about the swgoh software on the phone. Other apps fit the screen correctly, just not swgoh. We aren’t speaking negatively about EA or CG, just asking them to correct the formatting in their software so that it works properly on our device. The iPhone X isn’t exactly a one off, rare smartphone...I’ve heard it’s fairly poplular :wink:
  • Options
    I’d love to experience the game in its true glory on the new phone. Are there any things in the works? Thanks
    I Like Wicket. A Lot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc
  • Options
    Chocolate wrote: »
    I’d love to experience the game in its true glory on the new phone. Are there any things in the works? Thanks
    They won’t respond. Apparently it’s not an issue to them. To be expected, given how iOS users are treated in general in this game.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    They won’t respond. Apparently it’s not an issue to them. To be expected, given how iOS users are treated in general in this game.

Lmao, just because they dont immediately respond to your impatience doesn’t mean they aren’t working on it or hate iOS users.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Lmao, just because they dont immediately respond to your impatience doesn’t mean they aren’t working on it or hate iOS users.

It's been two weeks since this topic was posted. I hardly think it's "impatient" to expect a response of some sort in that amount of time, especially for such a popular device. The neglect of iOS users goes way deeper than this one issue, and you're blind if you don't see it. Even the Android users in my guild acknowledge the favoritism they get in this game.
  • Options

The X has been released for a couple of weeks now, and the design change was known for some time before that.

It’s not unrealistic to hope for someone to speak up and say that “this will be addressed in a future update” or at least acknowledge that they are aware of it.

This is the source of much of the frustration in this game, players identify issues and get no acknowledgement that they have been heard.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Y’all also keep in mind that CG is currently releasing a whole new game mode, a new TB, and new characters while continuing to fix bugs and polish current features. They have more on their plate than some camera or social media app that rarely needs updates. Just because swgoh isn’t in the minority of apps that have already been optimized for the new screen doesn’t mean its something they’re unaware of.

And saying CG “doesn’t care” about iOS users is absurd. I seriously cant think of a single reason why that would be the case. I guarantee you that at least half of the developers use apple devices. Just because google will sponser swgoh events when apple won’t doesn’t mean that CG “hates” apple users.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Y’all also keep in mind that CG is currently releasing a whole new game mode, a new TB, and new characters while continuing to fix bugs and polish current features. They have more on their plate than some camera or social media app that rarely needs updates. Just because swgoh isn’t in the minority of apps that have already been optimized for the new screen doesn’t mean its something they’re unaware of.

And saying CG “doesn’t care” about iOS users is absurd. I seriously cant think of a single reason why that would be the case. I guarantee you that at least half of the developers use apple devices. Just because google will sponser swgoh events when apple won’t doesn’t mean that CG “hates” apple users.

It's an anti-Apple conspiracy!

Really though, I'm sure they are aware and are working to fix it, as the guy above me said. Patience, young padawan.
  • Options
    This issue has been fixed as of the latest update. Thank you devs, though I still say more communication would be welcome (and there was still no mention in the update notes). Nevertheless, I appreciate the update.