Galactic War and BB-8 after last fix

Since the last force-restart, the CoolDown for Illuminated Destiny starts at 70 for every single GW node.

Now, other cool downs start at wherever you last left them, if you used them in a fight during an earlier node. Part of how you win against opponents that have 5 more zetas than you on one squad than on your whole roster is that you plan ahead and leave toons with high turn meter and low cool downs alone until you get to a particularly hard node.

As part of that, I use bb8 early, then set the tyke aside (only 5* for me) until Illuminated Destiny would be particularly helpful. Every single time, bb8 comes back with full cool down on ID.

This didn't used to happen. What broke? This can't really be WAI, can it?

Replies

• Options
    As far as I have seen, the cooldown reset is supposed to start at 70 because the nodes on Gw are separate encounters, and they set it up similarily to how nihilus works. Afaik my bb8 always has reset to 70 in Gw when going from node to node.
  • Options
    It works the same as DN's Annihilate cooldown and is working as intended.
  • Options
    Huh.

I've had it work the other way with the cool down remaining stable between nodes. Apparently that was the bug? Weird. It doesn't seem in keeping with GW. I don't have Nihilus, but I'd be fine with Nihilus preserving the Annihilate cool down between nodes.

This isn't a matter of something that resets between encounters, after all. When you have a single multi-encounter battle (Dark Side battles, Cantina Battles, Assault Battles, Mod Challenges, etc.) the Annihilate cool down does not reset at the beginning of each encounter in a multi-encounter battle.

EA/CG is very specific about this use of the word "Encounter" and when it is applicable and when it is not. So what you seem to be saying is that each node is a separate "Battle" not a separate "Encounter".

I guess I can live with that, but since it had happened differently in the past (which may have been the bug) and since I don't have Nihilus, that was the way that seemed consistent with all other toons.
  • Options
    My personal experience with my bb8 has always been a reset between nodes. And as for the nodes,nthey are classed as separate battles. Nihilus , and bb8, have their cooldown reset to prevent folks from circumventing hard nodes by bringing in a ready annihilate, I believe the devs statement was that basically, they allow cooldown carry over for all char between battles, but they do not for nihilus, and also for bb8.
  • Options
    I believe all abilites which start on cool down, will always start on cool down for each GW node.
    Nhilius and BB are not been not singled out.
    It’s likely we will see more abilities like this in the future seeing as how it’s a relatively recent addition to the game mechanic.