Clear Guidelines about what should be in General discussion and what should be feedback

It is my clear opinion that in a game like this one persons feedback is less important than the views of he community as a whole. I think that feedback should include specific points and idea that could improve the game.

I also think that some feedback needs to come in the form of discussion amongst members.

I have notice recently, partly because one thread was mine, that a lot of potentially useful discussions that could lead to helpful conclusions have been moved to the Feedback section.

Two were moved just now to the section FEEDBACK CHARACTERS

This is a section I didn't know existed and had to hunt for when I realized it did to find the post again.

Firstly why is it this important section so obscure rather than highlighted further up the list
Second, who at CG reads this Feedback forum, (otherwise it isn't really feedback)
Third, why aren't all the posts referring to character changes moved here?

@mods Thank you for considering and replying to this post

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    General Discussion is being geared towards new events and content. This is a change that we have been given the direction to uphold. More changes like the 'new' Guild and Player Events section that was introduced a while back.

Yes from what we are told the new setup is two fold with each section or group of sections being assigned to a dev to take in the feedback, and General Discussion is not one of those.

Posts related to the same subject you posted about (i.e. - Rey) have been there since her content release and have not been moved yet. they will be moved too.
  • Options
    Almost every post I try to read is "moved to correct sub forum", and then I can't locate it to continue reading. Very annoying. Too many sub categories. Forum needs re-work...
  • Options
    Or it could be that every thread I try to read ends with "moved to correct sub forum" because once the thread is moved no one can find it anymore. I feel like this is pre-maturely ending a lot of conversations, and consequently actually hindering feedback in a massive way...
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    But I'm also curious who at CG reads the "Feedback" forum (if anyone does)? I can see that the views counter stops right after a topic is moved into "Feedback". When I visit the forum, I check news and General discussions. I expect to find some interesting and actual info. I do not want to check millions of feedback directories. For me it looks like the forum moderators try to conceal any topic that can potentially cause uwanted discussions.
  • Options
    Forums are awesome now as a drinking game. Everytime a new thread shows in general that is asking same question or has same content as one that was just moved in less than five minutes you take drink!

But be careful because you will be messed up in less than ten minutes!!!
  • Options
    Almost every post I try to read is "moved to correct sub forum", and then I can't locate it to continue reading. Very annoying. Too many sub categories. Forum needs re-work...

Absolutely. I hate the way EA has told their moderators to moderate these boards. They’ve made it harder to read and follow topics. It’s extremely frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Svyatosha wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    But I'm also curious who at CG reads the "Feedback" forum (if anyone does)? I can see that the views counter stops right after a topic is moved into "Feedback". When I visit the forum, I check news and General discussions. I expect to find some interesting and actual info. I do not want to check millions of feedback directories. For me it looks like the forum moderators try to conceal any topic that can potentially cause uwanted discussions.

Then we are doing a really bad job. Anyone interested in a topic can find and read it without too much effort, so not really concealed.....

We only follow the direction given and have no plot or evil plans ( :naughty: ).

Previously you could not find topics unless it was posted within the last hour or so maybe less, because no post would last more than 30 mins in page 1 of GD. So people would repeat posts constantly and there would either be 5 post about the same thing or a mega thread. People got used to this setup,but still didn't like it. We are trying to make the forum more usable with having to wade through stuff like that.

Changes are coming, but if you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to message Kozi.
  • Options
    "we are doing a really bad job."

Bingo!

It must be tiring trying to suppress the internet.

I started a post last night asking how to spend money and it was moved to some random content update megathread. So that will never be answered for me.

• Phat_Midichlorian
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This moving around of threads is being really annoying. I’m not critizying, just giving feedback.

BTW, it’s a bit odd that in this forum there is no thread labelled with DEVS or any other label that usually mean that it got an answer, while there are some in General Discussion. One could think that DEVS don’t read the Feedback forum. Now, this is mere speculation. Perhaps I should have posted it in General Discussion...
  • Options
    I've noticed that the only threads in general are

1. Merged
    2. Dev commented
    3. Closed

Those are the guidelines ive noticed from watching the movement of threads. Whatever other rules they give simply arent true.
  • Options
    BTW, it’s a bit odd that in this forum there is no thread labelled with DEVS or any other label that usually mean that it got an answer, while there are some in General Discussion. One could think that DEVS don’t read the Feedback forum. Now, this is mere speculation. Perhaps I should have posted it in General Discussion...
    Mentionning Devs (or EA, CG, or even Mods, whether by category or individually) is not allowed on the forum - that's why you don't see such titles. But Devs DO read feedback, and it's way easier for them - for example, Devs tasked with the creation of events only have to check the specific subsections dedicated to Events (be it the "general" Feedback/Events or the specific events sections more concerned with strategy and help under Guild and Players Events).
    Just because they don't answer you doesn't mean they haven't seen your complaints. And having been on the forum since the beginning, Devs do appear more often than in the past.