Kylo’s Lash Out

Naw
969 posts Member
I’ll start by commenting how totally ridiculous it is to just have the threads disappear where e.g. we try to figure out how Lash Out works and whether it works as it’s supposed to work.

I can’t find any trace of those threads anywhere and they most certainly do not belong to Answers HQ’s Bugs section.

That said has anyone figured out how it actually works? I keep getting horrible damage with it.

Should it, instead of when a crit would have been scored, to add in case of 150% crit damage +75% of the damage?

The description makes it look like it always adds bonus damage, but how much?

I removed crit damage mods from Kylo for testing purposes. Against 4467 protection Sidous basic attack dealt 5245 as a crit. That gives basic attack damage of 3496.

Seeing how Lash Out should work, I should remove all of Sid’s protection with a hit. Yet what happens? Lash Out deals somewhere around 3600 damage (variance in the damage range).

I am not getting any extra there! Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Can anyone say that the skill works as it should?

Depending on the findings I’ll add to Answers HQ then.

Replies

• Options
    Everytime I make a thread they "move it to the correct area" where it then disappears and no one responds. Honestly I'd vote cg for golden poop award, they already won it twice in a row a couple years back for being the worst company in the world. Not just America, the world lol. Don't expect much from them bud.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

I can’t find any trace of those threads anywhere and they most certainly do not belong to Answers HQ’s Bugs section.

This ^^, contradicts that>>

We always air in the side of caution, if it could be a bug we would rather it reported than discussed. Sorry, but it's better that way.

I’ll start by commenting how totally ridiculous it is to just have the threads disappear where e.g. we try to figure out how Lash Out works and whether it works as it’s supposed to work.

That said has anyone figured out how it actually works? I keep getting horrible damage with it.

Should it, instead of when a crit would have been scored, to add in case of 150% crit damage +75% of the damage?

The description makes it look like it always adds bonus damage, but how much?

I removed crit damage mods from Kylo for testing purposes. Against 4467 protection Sidous basic attack dealt 5245 as a crit. That gives basic attack damage of 3496.

Seeing how Lash Out should work, I should remove all of Sid’s protection with a hit. Yet what happens? Lash Out deals somewhere around 3600 damage (variance in the damage range).

I am not getting any extra there! Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Can anyone say that the skill works as it should?

I'm sure the damsge mechanics need to be looked at but the basic premise is they gave th advantage of bypassing some of the major pain characters that people don't like, to help not have FO take over the meta completely.

He should just now hit harder but just not crit on that one attack. Testing for this may be hard to examine as you would need previous damage numbers from that attack in the same situation.

Removing crit damage mods should help to showcase the damage being dealt but the repeatability of testing is going to be an issue, with defense and other factors being variables.

The thread was probably posted in GD and merged into the mega thread about the characters, fyi.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno, continued testing this, good example with Kylo 150% crit dam, 3k physical damage rating and obi1 with 150% crit dam, 1600 physical damage rating.

Opponent’s Ackbar with 25% armor and 5877 protection.

Obi1 did with normal attack 2147 in red. Kylo did 4006 with lash out.

If Obi1 had Lash Out skill he should have scored 3757 with it. Likewise Kylo’s ”basic” is now worth 2289 (4006/1.75). It means 2x higher physical rating is worth less than 150 damage.

I don’t think the bonus is applied at all here. I’m on a mobile device, will post this later to HQ.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote:
    The thread was probably posted in GD and merged into the mega thread about the characters, fyi.

It should still be found with forum’s search functionality, should it not? Can’t find a trace of it or the other similar thread.
  • Options
    Agreed, he's not doing the damage he should. The idea was that he'd do crit like damage automatically, without having an actual crit. Should have been a buff. But he's not doing the damage. Something wrong. Even with crit damage triangle, he's doing barely half what he used to when he'd crit. This needs fixed. That's the AIs go to move. But now it does garbage damage.
  • Options
    I think it no longer crits... it got an update when unmasked kylo came out
  • Options
    Kyno, continued testing this, good example with Kylo 150% crit dam, 3k physical damage rating and obi1 with 150% crit dam, 1600 physical damage rating.

If Obi1 had Lash Out skill he should have scored 3757 with it. Likewise Kylo’s ”basic” is now worth 2289 (4006/1.75). It means 2x higher physical rating is worth less than 150 damage.

I don’t think the bonus is applied at all here. I’m on a mobile device, will post this later to HQ.

Make sure you're accounting for the damage modifiers. Old Ben's basic has a 1.758 modifier (175.8% of physical damage) while Lash Out only has a 1.2 modifier (120% of physical damage). That said, the mechanics on Lash Out look funny to me. I'm no expert but it sure looks like there's one too many 50% reductions in it on swgoh.gg. Someone better versed in reading the mechanics might be able to explain though.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

Make sure you're accounting for the damage modifiers. Old Ben's basic has a 1.758 modifier (175.8% of physical damage) while Lash Out only has a 1.2 modifier (120% of physical damage). That said, the mechanics on Lash Out look funny to me. I'm no expert but it sure looks like there's one too many 50% reductions in it on swgoh.gg. Someone better versed in reading the mechanics might be able to explain though.

Didn’t take those into account :(

Going by the assumption that physical damage rating * multiplier - armor here. Using exact numbers now, except for Ackbar’s armor which IIRC was 24.8..?

Obi1: 1623 * 1.758 * 0.752 = 2146
    Kylo: 2958 * 1.2 * 0.752 = 2669

Before change
    2669 * 1.5 = 4003 -> and this btw matches what I got now, so working as intended...? Edit: Hah, note that I don’t imply that this is how it’s counted, just that this way I reach approximately the same number :)

After change
    ... no idea how it’s calculated :)
    It says bonus damage equals to 50% of Kylo’s critical damage so it would indicate 2669 / 0.75 + 2669 = 4670

The attack did 4006 and I’m unable to figure out why, what’s missing. Kylo’s armor penetration is 54, I’m not accounting for that at all here, but it should actually improve the numbers.

Hmm... here! It gives only flat 50% if Kylo’s crit dam is 150%:

Raw damage before armor reduction 4006 / 0.752 = 5327

Multiplier used: 2669 / 5327 ~= 0.5

I need to mod him for more critical damage to test this a little more, but that’s how I see it now.

Edit: Still haven’t gotten around to do this, family life gets in the way..
    I think it no longer crits... it got an update when unmasked kylo came out

That’s not the issue here, there’s something off in my mind here with the damage of Lash Out. It was very weak to begin with but now it’s even weaker and as AI spams just that attack it pretty much makes Kylo completely useless in any Arena team.

Post edited by Naw on