Keep pushing or change direction?

Hi all,
Since i'm f2p i have to plan everything in long term or i get screwed hard, and here i am wondering if i'm in the correct path.
My current team consist in Phasma(L), Daka, Lumi, Kylo, Sid [70 7* G8] Just finished Daka and like everybody else i started to farm jedis like a madman in order to get Yoda in next event (too late for me this one).
Farming currently Eeth 5*, QuiWon 4*, Barris 4*, Mace 4* regarding to my numbers ill get prolly a 6* Yoda in next event if i don't screw hard in arena so at least 2 events for the 7*.
My question is. Should i keep pushing to get Yoda or for the time i get him will be already too late to keep the track of the situation?
Also i wanted to farm QWJ anyway to get more damage (feeling short).
Any ideas?
Will it worth the investment?
Should i stop this madness and go for Geo/Dooku or anything else?

Thank's in advance for your wisdom and best regards.

PS: English is not my native language so please don't be rude in that concept :smiley:

Replies

• Options
    Yoda is good, but by no means amazing, even at 7*. Don't go out of your way to get him by any means. You should be focusing on high damage, fast attackers. You're already knee deep in Jedi though, which I think was a bad decision. You may as well get a 5* yoda just to try him out, but then get back building a team fitting the current meta
  • Options
    I got really hyped with all the Yoda thing :neutral: on GW i'm unlocking poggle (recently finished phasma/lumi). Where should i put my eggs to stay on top?
  • Options
    You may as well get a 5* yoda just to try him out, but then get back building a team fitting the current meta
    That's my current plan, but I'll just go back to farming what I want rather than keeping up with the meta. It just so happens that I want GS, though. ;)
  • Options
    As a fellow F2P, I say follow what you want to do. I do not try to emulate the current meta. It seems to me that as a F2P player, you will never catch the meta, only chase it. It will change in the future, and then you will be trying to redirect your focus again.

I have been playing since hard launch, and the meta has changed a few times. A single character adjustment, changed the top teams just a few weeks ago.

As an example, say that there is a change in the meta that "requires" that you now have to have the "Mob Enforcer" to have the best team. Only available through cantina shipments. And she has to be a 7*. That's an awful lot of cantina shipments to generate if you redirect to attain that character. That could take a long time, and you may have to give up on the others that you have been working towards.

Study what you have, what you want your roster to look like, understand who works with well with who. Formulate a plan, and stick with it. Once you reach your plan, start adding to it.
  • Options
    I am F2P also, and I faced the same dilemma.

I farmed Mace in Catina, in order to participate Yoda challenge. Since I am behind on QGJ (slowest farm out of all Jedi's), I stopped on Mace to farm GS. Let me put it this way, I now only have GS at 4* and gear 8, and I substituted JC with GS in Arena, for first time ever I hit 5th, usually I am only top 20.

So, GS is just way too powerful not to farm, if you want to do better in arena. I will still unlock 5*Yoda in next event, but I am not pursuing 6* Yoda until I get GS to 7*.