Is old Daka worth the 7* Grind?!

Prev1
Would like to know before I invest in her! :D

Replies

• Options
    I love her, but I am a noob. Mine is level 48 4* (almost 5) and I believe level 5 gear. Between her, Cade and Dooku, and a lesser extent Luke I can stunlock a single target (if it's like an elite or whatever, and on some bosses). Her heal is nice too. I think she's pretty much one of the few healers empire has? Also she can res...

I always use her, but I am only 49.
  • Options
    You may want to think of grabbing QGJ first, but a maxed Daka can be a real threat in the right team. Imagine going up against a team of speed demon squishy heavy DPS toons with Daka. For example, a team with QGJ (L), Rey, Dooku, GS, and Daka. Who do you target first? You can go after Rey, QGJ, or GS, just to have Daka revive them after they die. If you go for Daka first however, those 3 aforementioned toons will wreck your team. That's the significance Daka can have on the right team.
  • Options
    Take this with a grain of salt, because I only have her at 4*, and I've spread my cantina shipments around on FIVE different heroes, none over 5* (for reasons that always seemed good at the time - I'm now working on QGJ, and will get him to 7 eventually), but maxed out Dakas are a real pain to face in arena. And she's on a ton of top 50 teams, which says a lot by itself.
  • Options
    Yes, she's a solid character in GW, PVP and DS missions.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Even at 5 stars she is good enough to use in missions or arena.
  • Options
    Worth it!
  • Options
    Mine is 6* max gear and been using her in arena for a month now and she's more valuable to me then my 7* lumi due to her speed and stuns. I've beaten teams I shouldn't beat due to that. I stopped farming her for gqj in preparation for next jedi event though. Once he's 7* I plan on finishing her. Even at 6* her health is at almost 12k
  • Options
    She is worth it. I have her gear 8 6* put her on a slower pace to do another, but will be back to her soon.
  • Options
    2 thumbs up for Daka!
  • Options
    I avoid most teams in arena with a 6 or more star Daka. And in rank #1 at the moment of that tells you anything.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Totally. Primarily for stun of course. I also use her as an off-healer to preserve Lumi big heal for emergency. Revive chance is too low to be terribly important, if it happens, then great. But I don't use her expecting revives.
    Also, with Ventress lead she goes first and goes often.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    If you have enough dps to take advantage of her stuns then go for daka. Keep in mind that she's very squishy until you hit 5* though. But once her hp becomes substantial, her heal becomes better than jc's as well.

If you don't have enough dps, go for gs and qgj first instead.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Totally worth it
  • Options
    I don't have daka yet, but in GW or Arena, she is almost always a first target for me, as there is nothing more frustrating then killing the high dps toon, only to have her rivive it, someone else heal, then have the dps toon wipe me out. Definitely always takes consideration on who should go down first.
  • Options
    My Daka is 7* max abilities max gear and she is amazing.

- Passive OP
    - A stun on basic attack...
    - Revive / heal
    - Her speed is great
    - Usefull as **** in GW
    - In DS mission also
    - In arena also
  • Options
    I would think that she would be very fun coupled with a Phasma leader. She could stun at any time. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Poney wrote: »

- Passive OP
    - Revive / heal
    - Her speed is great
    - Usefull as **** in GW
    - In DS mission also
    - In arena also

Can you give a little idea about how well she does as a 7* and how you usually use her? thanks..
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Poney wrote: »

- Passive OP
    - Revive / heal
    - Her speed is great
    - Usefull as **** in GW
    - In DS mission also
    - In arena also

Can you give a little idea about how well she does as a 7* and how you usually use her? thanks..

Mine is also maxed. In GW I run a 4 healer team. I have yet to lose a GW since the change and I basically fight level 70 purple teams from the go. If someone dies she will generally revive them in GW which allows for little use of the reset button. I have seen the revive go down of recent but still revives from time to time.

In DS missions you are in need of healers. She will get you through.

In arena I rank in top 5 during my payout. Number 1 depending on what I have going on. She is in my arena team. She is fast enough to be viable. Her stun is amazing. Her little heal is enough to get me through after a Dooku 2-4 multi attack and Sid AOE attack. I run QGJ, GS, Leia, Daka, Phasma (will be Rey or Dooku soon). Unfortunately she no longer revives for me on offense for weeks. Not a single revive. I think they may have stealth nerfed her but this was amazing. However, on defense the AI revives at least once a match. And she can revive a whole team. Multi revive with increased turn meter. Not sure I have seen the offense and defense up on revive. This means the offensive team needs to focus her first. It's like a taunt. It also means you may get avoided more often. Some people do not want to fight her.

Daka is good.
  • Options
    i'd say definitely =)

I started farming her from Cantina Shipments before QJG became available mainly for Dark Side missions (IMO almost mandatory to 3 star some of the later missions for the boss characters can counter attack) and she's an overall great character as other mentioned.

In addition to her good potency, speed (136 max), stun and ress she also is decently tanky when fully geared, she has about 13k HP which is more than most glass cannons. Literally this morning in my timezone i won a arena match because 2 of my droids died, she ressed them both and i cleaned up their team.

She's also great for GW to stun counter attackers+ressurect characters when your characters get low on HP from the many healing debuff heroes like Kylo and Sid =P

I highly reccomend farming her ASAP if you don't run a Jedi team, also like all healers gear her up ASAP to get her health and speed up.
  • Options
    I have a max daka 7 star highest gear and shes ok, the good thing about her is her stun. If she doesnt stun shes pretty much a waste. You are basically canceling an attack with an attack. If someone gets revived the usually go down soon after.

Shes ok in galactic war I havent lost a GW in a month or 2. I'd choose Quif gon Jina first
  • Options
    I have a maxed out 7* daka (sans leader and last unique skill, who needs an extra 2.5% on a 10% proc).

Daka will make your dark side campaign MUCH MORE bearable. Daka will make GW MUCH MORE bearable. Daka will make arena occasionally ridiculously one-sided, e.g. stun two characters in one round, or when characters self-revive 1x, or if the enemy is unlucky, self-revive 2x in one match.

Heals are ok - about 3800hp for everyone. Damage is on the lower side for a maxed character, typically about 1800-2700, but with all her other abilities I'm not complaining about the damage.
  • Options
    I have daka completely maxed out. With QGJ being released its hard to say. Daka has definitely saved me **** more than once but I can't see her staying on my arena team. She is a god in GW though. I don't regret maxing her but with QGJ I don't know.
  • Options
    I'm farming her to 7* just because she has turned so many battles against me. Once I have her, she will get nerfed, making my life easier lol.
  • Options
    I'm little regretted i got my QGJ to 4* and my POE(free from iphone user) from 3* to 4*. Now i decided i'm going farm my 6* Daka to 7. Hopefully i make the right choice lol.

Daka is the god in arena. Her revive and stun save me so many time in arena/GW!

• scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Song wrote: »

Daka is the god in arena. Her revive and stun save me so many time in arena/GW!

Except when she is on the other team then it is that stupid *****!

I have a love hate with Daka. Between her and Dooku they drive me nuts on the other team, yes I have no problem beating them but they can just be annoying.

That said I use her everywhere. She is a real pain on the AI side cause as everyone stated her revive seems to happen more when controlled by AI. This tends to make her the first or second target in a battle.

In a team with Lumi, Lumi tends to go close to right after her So when Daka Revives with her heal Lumi can normally restore to full health. This is great on your team but can be killer on the other.

I am 1 Shard and 1M credits away from 7* with her. I have been chasing that last shard for what feels like a week but is probably a 3 days.

In short get her.
  • Options
    Stopped farming QGJ at 5 stars and am doing Daka to get her to 6 stars. Sick of Daka/Dooku combos in Arena. Stuns, stuns, stuns, game over, lol. She doesn't work as good when I'm playing her but the AI seems to love her. Should be better on defense and I already have control over offense.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I would think that she would be very fun coupled with a Phasma leader. She could stun at any time. lol

Yes, but after the fix to Phasma's leadership ability it's not as good as it was, triggering assists on non-attack actions. She's still a star in GW but I'm phasing her out of my Arena team due to abandoning Phasma and moving to Lobot led droid team.

2s8kc4x.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    She has a lot of hp for a healer and matched up with ally assist characters (Biggs, QGJ, 5s, etc) her standard attack can be lethal. Wish he leader ability was better. IMO paired with Ewok Elder, you can choose any 3 characters to make up a squad and be formidable.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba

my daka is 6* 31/100 im going to get her to 7* first. If i didnt waste my time on poe/QGJ it was already 7* sigh lol. I can beat more Poe team than team with Daka.

Another reason i stop farming QGJ because he is not a threat unless you put QGJ in the Whale team then that is different story. Since im F2P the potential that QGJ would not benefit to my team.