BETA BUILD CLOSED: Thank YOU! Territory Wars Unrestricted Beta MEGA THREAD

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Great but how about first they fix guild chats and communication options, half of the guilds are full of Mol Eliza's who can't chat or read messages
  • Options
    When I try to get in, after I accept the terms and conditions, it says my account is unable to participate, but I did not put in an account yet. I accidentally put in a wrong age the first time, but got rid of the beta and reinstalled it, but it is still showing an error. What can I do?
  • Options
    Will there be another beta. Or could we have another beta server please!!!?????

We're watching to see how this Beta handles with the community. I'll add you to the LARGE list of players asking for a Beta server. Stay tuned here if we ever make future offerings :)
    Stix wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Do we have to have 25 to participate in the Beta TW, or can we do it with less?

YES, and they all have to join so having more helps!
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Just notice numerical replacement for the buffs/debuffs...I get the reasoning but it makes it really hard (especially on a phone) to differentiate a single debuff/buff versus 6 of the same. For example I would like to know which toons have 6 plagues on them so I can heal/target them.

FEEDBACK noted, thanks for the help!

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    babagusi wrote: »
    Great but how about first they fix guild chats and communication options, half of the guilds are full of Mol Eliza's who can't chat or read messages

Thank you for the feedback, we're working to make improvements across the game! We'll be continuing to make changes as best we can in the biggest impact areas of the game.

Much appreciated!

When I try to get in, after I accept the terms and conditions, it says my account is unable to participate, but I did not put in an account yet. I accidentally put in a wrong age the first time, but got rid of the beta and reinstalled it, but it is still showing an error. What can I do?

Please see the post below regarding this message.

• onk
    316 posts Member
    Options

onk wrote: »
    Game freeze in Cantina loading screen, Lenovo A5500-H Android 4.4.2 Instaled several times, no change. @CG_RyDiggs

Did you perhaps get your Allycode from your beta account? Not your imported account. I’m assuming you tried uninstall reinstall? Also, our asset downloader may need more time than usual, make sure you’re on WiFi.[/quote]

Thanks @CG_RyDiggs ! After 5-10 minutes loading I'm in :smile:
  • Options
    Hi,
    Since 2 hours I'm Stuck on the splash screen for the beta client AND for the release Client. Can you investigate please ?
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Question to DEVS
    Is the reward just an example for this beta test?
    Looks like rewards are the same no matter what happens?
    Shouldn't there be some bonus for winning?
    Why go through all the effort to win, if losing gets you same thing?
    Feedback wise.
    By far coolest game mode you ever done.
    Tons of strategy, so many different ways it can be set up. Super impressive, if rewards are based on performance along with gp this will be the most popular thing in game and we will want to do it all the time.
    Very very good job
  • Options
    onk wrote: »

Thanks @CG_RyDiggs ! After 5-10 minutes loading I'm in :smile:

Sweet!
    Hi,
    Since 2 hours I'm Stuck on the splash screen for the beta client AND for the release Client. Can you investigate please ?

Hey Silverspawn,

The games are completely separate and would be an issue with your connection or downloading assets.

I'll PM you directly.
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Question to DEVS
    Is the reward just an example for this beta test?

ANS: The reward structure is close to anticipated release. Rewards for Events CAN change.

Looks like rewards are the same no matter what happens?

Incorrect. Rewards are based on the GP of the competing guilds.

Shouldn't there be some bonus for winning?

Scroll right of the rewards section: Losing guilds get different rewards than winning guilds.

Why go through all the effort to win, if losing gets you same thing?

See above

Cheers!
  • Options
    Installed the beta on my device that did not have Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes installed because I was afraid of would could happen to my primary account. After I went thought the process successfully I figured it would be more useful for the beta to be on primary device, now I have two different account instances in the beta. I wish I would have not been able to port my account twice.
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Installed the beta on my device that did not have Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes installed because I was afraid of would could happen to my primary account. After I went thought the process successfully I figured it would be more useful for the beta to be on primary device, now I have two different account instances in the beta. I wish I would have not been able to port my account twice.

Great feedback, thank you. We had to opt between flexibility or individual account management. We may be changing that in the future.

I know it doesn't help, but we tried to call this out in messaging. I'll try to emphasize it more next time.

Per our instructions:
    1. Please enter your main account’s ally code. Regarding Import button:
    2. DO NOT import accounts other than YOURS.
      1. BETA Players who import accounts OTHER than their Main accounts will be removed from Beta Program.
      2. DO NOT ‘Re-Import’ your account.
      1. If you ‘Re-Import’ your account, you run the risk of orphaning your account in the test guild, and won’t be able to participate.

Sincerely,

RT
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Great feedback, thank you. We had to opt between flexibility or individual account management. We may be changing that in the future.

I know it doesn't help, but we tried to call this out in messaging. I'll try to emphasize it more next time.

Per our instructions:
      1. BETA Players who import accounts OTHER than their Main accounts will be removed from Beta Program.
      1. If you ‘Re-Import’ your account, you run the risk of orphaning your account in the test guild, and won’t be able to participate.

Sincerely,

RT

How the I read that message was don't press the "IMPORT ACCOUNT" button a second time if the account is already loaded on the device.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Per our instructions:

Sincerely,

RT

How the I read that message was don't press the "IMPORT ACCOUNT" button a second time if the account is already loaded on the device.

Understood. I'll look to get that messaging clarified. Again, very sorry for your experience. I'll work to improve it!

RT
  • Options
    Hey devs! It's very cool game mode! Awesome work! It's cool that we can view all defense teams. And I think it will be great to show us all teams our guild used to attack (won and lost)
  • Options
    Anton23 wrote: »
    Hey devs! It's very cool game mode! Awesome work! It's cool that we can view all defense teams. And I think it will be great to show us all teams our guild used to attack (won and lost)

Great feedback, ahem if you want to join this dicussion: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/144044/territory-war-best-mode-in-swgoh#latest
    ;)
  • Options
    REMINDER:

Second Battle begins tomorrow, Saturday 11/18 10AM PST.

Feel free to reform your guilds!

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hello Holotable Heroes!

Thanks to all of your efforts! We have closed this Beta. We will keep you informed about any future Betas.

We appreciate all your help and support!

Cheers!

RT
  • Options
    Hi CG_RyDiggs,

I just want to thanks the opportunity you gave us to play the beta and give direct feedback to you.
    Great work and it was interesting to join a random guild in beta and discuss with them the mechanics and strategy to play. This will bring some interesting strategy and theory crafting but brings the plus that since it's played against another guild, the strategy will change, so it's not as mechanical as raids/TB.

In general everything looks great and fun to play.

My only main concern was that it was not possible to remove/edit/change territory for a defensive team, this can bring some argues in the guilds since some people might get distracted or make a mistake to put their team in the "wrong" place which can spoil the group strategy.

Thanks to the team and all people in beta. It was a fun experience and I will wait for a new opportunity to do another beta.

Cheers!
  • Options
    SouthPark wrote: »
    Hi CG_RyDiggs,

I just want to thanks the opportunity you gave us to play the beta and give direct feedback to you.
    Great work and it was interesting to join a random guild in beta and discuss with them the mechanics and strategy to play. This will bring some interesting strategy and theory crafting but brings the plus that since it's played against another guild, the strategy will change, so it's not as mechanical as raids/TB.

In general everything looks great and fun to play.

My only main concern was that it was not possible to remove/edit/change territory for a defensive team, this can bring some argues in the guilds since some people might get distracted or make a mistake to put their team in the "wrong" place which can spoil the group strategy.

Thanks to the team and all people in beta. It was a fun experience and I will wait for a new opportunity to do another beta.

Cheers!

Heya @SouthPark

It's GREAT to hear you enjoyed it! We are forcing some decisions and tactical choices for offense and defense. Like Territory Battles and both the Raids, there are changes we can make as we move forward with feature.

Thanks for the feedback and keep us posted with your thoughts as we move onward!

Cheers!

RT

• Options
    Can you add me to the list of the next beta?