Jedi Quick Fix?

Zoj
46 posts Member
Just like everyone who visits the forums, I've come across many posts on Jedi reworks. It doesn't seem like this will happen any time soon, as the observation generally goes, but I do have an idea that could immediately make Jedi squads more effective. My apologies in advance if someone has already posted on this particular idea.

Anyway, my experience has been that Jedi squads are ineffective in most facets of the game without a number of Zeta'd characters, and especially those squads that don't run GK. I think this is because, at least in part, Jedi seem designed to outlast opponents rather than quickly deal high amounts of damage in the way, say, a Rebel squad can.

So, in lieu of a sweeping Jedi overhaul, my quick fix idea is to give Ima-Gun Di a rework, akin to how Old Ben got one not too long ago.

Specifically, make Ima-Gun Di's Leader Ability (Jedi Strategist) on a relative par with that of CLS. It would take just a bump. Jedi allies would have +55% Counter Chance (up from 35%), +50% Defense (up from %30), and +25% Counter Damage (same). Additionally, perhaps an increase in Counter Damage % against Sith and Empire factions would work well. And this would be Omega, not Zeta.

Then, give Ima-Gun Di a Unique Zeta. At the moment, his Unique only goes to 7. Jedi desperately need more characters who can dispel debuffs, akin to Barriss, so perhaps he could dispel debuffs from a random Jedi ally at the start of each turn and grant them Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.

While most Jedi hit like wet socks, fairly simple changes such as these would make a relatively meh character like, say, Kit Fisto a little dangerous. GM Yoda or Ezra Bridger even more so. The list goes on and on. At the end of the day, Jedi might actually prove usefully effective in some facets of the game, like Territory Battles or the Tank Takedown.

Replies

• Options
    Yea I agree but I think you could do even more to his Kit, after all, it is very simple. Make his special rebuke inflict an irresistible offense down as well as. Also, I think a really interesting mechanic to add to his leadership as a Zeta would be "whenever a Jedi ally does not counter they gain foresight and defense up and with a 50% chance to gain Heal over time."
  • Options
    First, agree with bumping counter chance up.

Second, instead of increasing counter-damage, give him something really useful in his leadership: When any Jedi ally does damage to a non-droid Separatist with a basic attack, that Jedi cleanses all debuffs from herself. When doing damage to a Sith, the Jedi cleanses debuffs and then inflicts each debuff cleansed on the Sith damaged.

Much more fun than a mere +25% counter damage. Imagine Zader inflicting AoE DoTs and getting counter-attacked by 3 Jedi who inflict 9-12 DoTs + SpeedDown.