I'm too lazy to find a thread to necro regarding this but...

...whatever happened to the up/down-vote option on posts?

legit want to know.

Replies

• Options
    Last I remembered, some guy was whining about getting down votes on his posts, and promptly got more down votes for that post. Then they scrapped the whole system. For those people who got up votes, they can still see their 'points' on their profile if they really cared that much.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It got abused. For example, forum users went out of their way to down vote every single post made by other forum users simply because they didn't like him/her or disagreed with him/her.
    It wasn't a helpfull tool to rank the usefullness of comments at all, wich i assume was the reason they implemented it in the first place.
    Tbh, i'm glad it got removed, this isn't facebook where you can measure someone's popularity by the amount of likes/unvotes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Moved to Forum feedback.

The up/down button we're getting abused and taken advantage of by trolls
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Last I remembered, some guy was whining about getting down votes on his posts, and promptly got more down votes for that post. Then they scrapped the whole system. For those people who got up votes, they can still see their 'points' on their profile if they really cared that much.

Only points I see are from being disciplined by mods :smiley: