Crystals Pop up

Does anyone know how to remove this pop up. It’s a bit suspect in my opinion. The worst I have seen in any game. If you touch anywhere on the pop up the app tries to buy it. It pops up multiple times sometimes fractions of a second right after you close it. Sometimes 3 times in a row. If you use a fingerprint scanner for purchases and your finger is anywhere around the button then it’s purchased. I get that it is designed for accidental purchases as some people will not go through the hassle of getting the refund but do they really need to garner money this way. I spend money already. So do many others. It’s nearly enough to make me stop playing the game as it’s super annoying that I have to cancel purchases all the time as the pop up is quick and easy to hit when navigating around. I am sure this post may be deleted and I may get banned from forums for the negative comment on this shady feature but it’s so annoying and unethical to me that it is worth it. I can even handle the pop up (though it would still be annoying) if they would just make the buy button as the click as opposed to touching anywhere on the extremely large pop up that nearly fills my entire 9.7 inch screen as the purchase button. The game makes truck loads of money. There is no reason to use these tactics to nickel and dime the player base or would that be c note the player base. I would be considered a dolphin to whale so if this annoys the crap out of me I am sure it really annoys those that are ftp.

Replies

• Options
    It your imagination I get pop up once every 3 to 4 days. Yes it can get annoying but your just making a mountain out of a mole hill.
  • Options
    It your imagination I get pop up once every 3 to 4 days. Yes it can get annoying but your just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I can promise you I do not get it once every three days. I get it multiple times a day. I would be okay if it was once every few days. And I do get it multiple times in a row also. I am on iOS. It may be based on your spending if you are not a spender. Good to know if that is the case I will just stop spending.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I never get that pop-up. I'm not even joking or trolling.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Sixplicit wrote: »
    If you use a fingerprint scanner for purchases and your finger is anywhere around the button then it’s purchased. I get that it is designed for accidental purchases as some people will not go through the hassle of getting the refund but do they really need to garner money this way.

Use your toe for the scanner, that way there are no "accidental purchases". :lol:
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Hey leef. Are you on android or are you ftp? Would love to figure out why I get so many and others do not.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I receive the same amount as well. At least twice a day if not more. Just had one about 10 minutes ago. I am an Android user, no clue if that matters.
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    If you use a fingerprint scanner for purchases and your finger is anywhere around the button then it’s purchased. I get that it is designed for accidental purchases as some people will not go through the hassle of getting the refund but do they really need to garner money this way.

Use your toe for the scanner, that way there are no "accidental purchases". :lol:

My feet stink so that is out of the question.
  • SongSparrow
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I can confirm what OP says. I also get the pop-up several times a day, sometimes 2-3 times in a 10 minute time period.

Edit to add: I'm on iOS and have spent a substantial amount of money on this game, but have been mostly free for the last couple of months.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Hey leef. Are you on android or are you ftp? Would love to figure out why I get so many and others do not.

f2p and iOS. Forgot to mention that in my first comment. I've seen a complaint about this very issue before, also by a player who has made quite a few purchases. So I assume they "target" p2p players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    In the past 2 weeks I got a reminder on the Nightsisters packs and then the Kylo Ren freebie today. That's all. I'm on iOS. I have guppied in the game (Talzin is my queen), so not 100% FTP, but close enough, not sure if it matters.
    talzin102.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

I also get it multiple times a day. The worst part is just that it pops up when I switch screens, but not immediately. Rather, it shows up just before my finger lands on what I was going to click on on the new screen.

I agree this is basically a scam. The ad is annoying, but would not be scammy if it just sent you to the crystal store. But it immediately initiates a crystal buy, which is seriously bad form.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    I can confirm what OP says. I also get the pop-up several times a day, sometimes 2-3 times in a 10 minute time period.

Edit to add: I'm on iOS and have spent a substantial amount of money on this game, but have been mostly free for the last couple of months.

I also do not spend near as much as I did and I left the game for about a year so spent some money playing catch up for a month or two, but I now suspect even if you stop spending you will still be target spammed as it probably keeps a running total as opposed to a what have you done lately for me total.

• Options
    Hello Siberia!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hello Siberia!

Well did you want dev visibility or a lovely discussion in the void that is GD.
  • Options
    I have iOS and I can't accidentally purchase something cause it asks for my Apple ID before putting a purchase thru maybe my phone is old it's a seven. As far as the ad frequency I get maybe one or two a day if that I'm ftp so maybe but really don't care they have to make money if I have to endure some ads trust me so game are crazy w it to the point of u don't want to play
  • Sixplicit
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Hello Siberia!

Well did you want dev visibility or a lovely discussion in the void that is GD.

Ha ha. I now see there are a few posts on issue so that’s a plus. I kinda wanted both though as the more peeps that discuss the more chance of it getting changed. I worked in this biz and entertainment for quite a while so I am pretty sure unless it’s a mass outcry nothing gets done on this issue (ie. crates in bf2). But it let me voice my issues at least and now I know that it’s not just me and it’s totally target marketing so ftp and guppies gets to keep there sanity. Now if I can just figure out a way to get devs to erase my total spent without starting a new account I would be lovely.

Edit: My constant spam just went from $99.99 to $19.99 so that is a start. Thanks sort of if someone did that.

Nevermind I am back to c note.

Post edited by Sixplicit on