Will anyone be able to fight CLS and Chaze?

Prev1
All I ever see in arena is CLS teams with Chaze. Can any team counter this?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to strategy section

yes. there are many teams, are you asking specifically for you? if so post your roster to help.

if not for you then the simple answers are CLS, dispel toons, boba, nihilus, thrawn. there are many good strategies out there, the most common is join em.
  • Options
    Resistance beats all
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Resistance beats all

Not in arena on defense
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Not in arena
    They'll win. They just don't hold well
  • Options
    CLS, Zolo, GK, Thrawn, R2 easily dominates it.
  • Options
    I don’t see Chaze in the arena much these days.
  • Options
    Chaze are all but extinct in my arena. If I see one, I target them immediately as they are by far the easier comp to beat. Low damage, can't taunt unless Chirrut falls below 100% hp or someone on your team is dead. Much easier to beat than the new NS, GK+Zarriss and CLS+Han teams.
  • Options
    After CLS gets rid of Baze’s taunt, they both kind of stand around and wait for their turn to be killed last. Maybe that AoE dispel can be irritating, but that’s about it. When you’re looking for someone to attack, it’s great to see them in a team rather than two other more powerful alternatives, but that’s getting pretty rare. I haven’t used them since g12 came along.
  • tuskenchainsaws
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Have rarely seen Chaze in arena for months now. CLS, Solo, Thrawn, R2, GK or GK, Barriss, DN, Thrawn, CLS/R2 or Rex, R2, CLS/DN, Thrawn, GK mostly. Some 7* Talzins floating around plugged in or on NS team. About it in arena outside people trying things out like g12 murder bears etc.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

yes. there are many teams, are you asking specifically for you? if so post your roster to help.

if not for you then the simple answers are CLS, dispel toons, boba, nihilus, thrawn. there are many good strategies out there, the most common is join em.

What if you can’t join em because the event hasn’t come back yet :/

The team is beatable though without him, it’s just very difficult, especially if RNG goes his way.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Cls lead, r2, zolo plus chaze are not so easy to beat.
  • Options
    Actually a month ago had to get rid of CLS Chaze, cause they were pretty much obsolete and dropping like flies.
  • Options
    Even jedi can easily do that, I believe r2 is more of problem CLS and over CLS in arena hasn't been a problem even with raid han to me unless R2 is in!the mix and by himself and a fast r2;will guarantee my loss
  • Options
    The question was asked earlier and I'm interested as well. Are there any viable options for a F2P player to counter CLS Chaze without CLS? He seems to be the most needed dude to counter CLS and Chaze. I didn't get him unlocked the first time around, but he's starting to show up in my GW and areana more and more, and even down in the 300's in my arena shard! I typically just avoid him, but I won't be able to keep that up for GW in the long run.

I'm working on resistance, but it will probably be Christmas or so before I can have Finn up to 7* and zeta'd.
  • Options
    I beat double/triple zeta CLS 1:1 with g12 Teebo.. soooo.. yea. It's doable.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    the most common is join em.

Gross.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    MK61 wrote: »
    The question was asked earlier and I'm interested as well. Are there any viable options for a F2P player to counter CLS Chaze without CLS? He seems to be the most needed dude to counter CLS and Chaze. I didn't get him unlocked the first time around, but he's starting to show up in my GW and areana more and more, and even down in the 300's in my arena shard! I typically just avoid him, but I won't be able to keep that up for GW in the long run.

I'm working on resistance, but it will probably be Christmas or so before I can have Finn up to 7* and zeta'd.

NS are a great F2P faction, I burn through chaze and all the CLS top squads with them and am able to rank #1. Mind you I use all the orginal NS minus NSI w/ a 2 star zombie gl8, atm my MT isn't zeta'ed yet so she isn't in my arena team.
  • Options
    End game, GK is better than chaze because he frees up a spot
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    zzThrawn (L), zDT, Krennic, ShT, Stormtrooper
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    You guys who are talking about never seeing Chaze any more because they suck are clearly on older shards or only talking like top 100 or something. I live in the 200-300 range on a somewhat newer shard and I'd say 3 out of every 4 teams has them. What they don't have is CLS. A few teams have Raid Han, even fewer have GK.

I have no doubt change is coming to our shard, but just keep in mind your shard is not every shard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Curious about a good defensive team against this one too. Two guys in my arena run CLS, zHan, R2 and Chaze. Figuring out a good defensive team against this so I don't get sniped out of my spot before payout. Currently rank #1 on a regular basis
  • Options
    As pretty much everyone has mentioned, any dispel will instantly make Baze worthless until you lose someone. Darth Nihilus is a great option.

My friend uses Wiggs, STHan, Jyn, R2 - and has no problem with Chaze. Biggs/Wedge can focus him down pretty quick since every time he counters he will feed you TM.

Basically anything with dispel or buff immunity. B2 is a solid, uncerappreciated counter as well. Death Trooper + Krennic. Poe and Resistance. Qui Gon/Ezra Jedi. All F2P options.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You guys who are talking about never seeing Chaze any more because they suck are clearly on older shards or only talking like top 100 or something. I live in the 200-300 range on a somewhat newer shard and I'd say 3 out of every 4 teams has them. What they don't have is CLS. A few teams have Raid Han, even fewer have GK.

I have no doubt change is coming to our shard, but just keep in mind your shard is not every shard.

Many people forget that. In my shard there are like 20-30 guys with top end meta teams and from 30-150 it is Wiggs/Chaze/R2 (or Han Solo or Leia) all over the place.
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Resistance beats all

No against Han - stun Poe and Resistance makes for a quick lunch.
  • Options
    Rex dn r2 thrawn zolo would work too. Realizing that thrawn, r2, zolo are difficult for newer players to obtain, but I am f2p and win at least 4 out of 5 times against cls chaze.
  • krisamagus1
    53 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

NS are a great F2P faction, I burn through chaze and all the CLS top squads with them and am able to rank #1. Mind you I use all the orginal NS minus NSI w/ a 2 star zombie gl8, atm my MT isn't zeta'ed yet so she isn't in my arena team.
    You are so cool.just like a real hero.lucky for you that weak arena shard you on.
  • Options

You are so cool.just like a real hero.lucky for you that weak arena shard you on.

Not sure what you’re trolling him for. I’m on a 2nd week shard, and there’s someone who makes #1 with a low star low geared NS squad during their payout. NS can beat anything on O if played correctly.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    Ravib wrote: »
    All I ever see in arena is CLS teams with Chaze. Can any team counter this?

Post your roster mate. Let’s see if we can help you.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    I tried subbing them in to see how'd they'd perform and offensively was great but defense was awful.
  • Options
    Nute (leader), Acolyte, Leia, Sith Assassin and Zombie will eat CLS and Chaze alive. Its a slow but steady mow down on that combo.