Stale

I’m sure I speak for many players when I say that the game is getting stale for me. I’ve been playing since close to the release of this game and am addicted to it. I know people will shout me down and say we have had loads of updates and improvements and I cannot argue. There is a big however, however. Still there is no ingame tools for management of guild, officers have to spend large amounts of time using external software just to find out who hasn’t done their 600, this is shameful.
But the main point of this post is give me something to collect in arena, GW and Cantina shops. I have collected everything and am amassing thousands of points that I cannot use anywhere.
I’m am observing the disillusion of guildies I have played with for years, they are packing it in, they are fed up with the constant grind and pressure to spend more money. I have spent a fair amount of money on this game ( but not the insane amount some do I grant) but consider myself a core customer. I now will not spend as I’m tired of the blatant manipulation we are facing on a regular basis. We are all aware this is about to happen again with the release of the next movie, I won’t even articulate the form that this takes as anyone with the substance to read this far will know.
Please listen, I don’t want this game to fail, don’t further antagonise your core customers, don’t make me lose more friends company in game. A little time spent on our ingame experience at expense of constant profiteering is good business in the medium/long term.
I await the trolls

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I am a little unsure of what you could have collected everything of, and amassing 1000s of. I know some gear can get a little crazy, but all store tokens can be used to buy either credits or toons which can then be turned into gear through the shard shop.

Blatant manipulation is a bit strong, sure there is some pressure, but you do know you don't have to get everything the first round, it all returns. This game has a long life cycle and is not geared towards quick progression unless you want to pay, if you don't then that's your decision to play at that pace. It's a marathon not a sprint everything is paced as such.
  • Options
    I’ve collected all toons in arena GW ages ago it’s time for a refresh of available toons and interesting you’ve moved this to sub forum as was predicted
  • Options
    There should be a "whining" forum to move this to. And then all of the gw posts can go there too.
  • Options
    There should be a "whining" forum to move this to. And then all of the gw posts can go there too.

We'll have to move 90% of the posts in that section lol.

Also enough is enough with those "I know I'm speaking for many others", you are not. You are speaking for yourself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’ve collected all toons in arena GW ages ago it’s time for a refresh of available toons and interesting you’ve moved this to sub forum as was predicted

But do you have all the gear offered in the shard shop? Or GG? Not spending is not the same as not having a way to spend it.

If you could have predicted it would be moved to the correct sub forum, why not put it there in the first place :wink:
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Also enough is enough with those "I know I'm speaking for many others", you are not. You are speaking for yourself.

To be fair there is a strong sentiment of this across social media, my guild chat, arena shard chat etc, and I have seen players quitting as a result

I have been playing for about a year and a half and it does feel like things have gotten worse with the grind and more aggressive with the push for players to spend. The gear requirements for characters seems to have gone way up, and a lot of characters have been left in the dust as the power-creep has left them behind. There has been little done to appease the gear problem. I still mostly get useless pieces I have hundreds or thousands of as rewards for the events like the Jedi one just finishing now. It really isn't worth the effort to just get useless rewards most of the time. Even when we do get something it is only 4 or 5 pieces when we need 50 of it and for about 40 different characters. Raid rewards rarely give you a whole piece and 80% of the time it is just challenge gear. The territory battles gear is also pretty lackluster compared to the amount of effort needed to put in (I'm in a 41* guild).

The balance was healthy when I began playing in terms of the push to spend money, but now it doesn't feel that way anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks for your support MZEE, unfortunately to many trolls who are probably 90pound weaklings like to troll and give it the big one. Unfortunately if EA listen to these guys rather than peeps with serious concerns it will backfire and I don’t like that to happen, love the game:)
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »

To be fair there is a strong sentiment of this across social media, my guild chat, arena shard chat etc, and I have seen players quitting as a result

I have been playing for about a year and a half and it does feel like things have gotten worse with the grind and more aggressive with the push for players to spend. The gear requirements for characters seems to have gone way up, and a lot of characters have been left in the dust as the power-creep has left them behind. There has been little done to appease the gear problem. I still mostly get useless pieces I have hundreds or thousands of as rewards for the events like the Jedi one just finishing now. It really isn't worth the effort to just get useless rewards most of the time. Even when we do get something it is only 4 or 5 pieces when we need 50 of it and for about 40 different characters. Raid rewards rarely give you a whole piece and 80% of the time it is just challenge gear. The territory battles gear is also pretty lackluster compared to the amount of effort needed to put in (I'm in a 41* guild).

The balance was healthy when I began playing in terms of the push to spend money, but now it doesn't feel that way anymore.

This. +100000

I've been playing since launch and it does feel progressively worse. Wouldn't call myself a whale spender or anything, but I'm borderline dolphin and I'm also feeling too much of a grind to try to spend. The money isn't going as far as it used to because no matter what the toon is (support, tank, attacker) they all use the same exact gear, which makes no sense unless for greed purposes. When I have 3000 pieces of several different gear something is wrong. Instead of actually making the Support toons use support gear you make them all use the same gear. It's aggrivating and lazy and greedy.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it’s hard to get proper thread on this because got moved into sub forum when imo it’s best in general
  • Options
    If I hadn't moved guilds to farm GK I would've quit. Yes it's stale. It's nothing but a farm job now
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

But do you have all the gear offered in the shard shop? Or GG? Not spending is not the same as not having a way to spend it.

If you could have predicted it would be moved to the correct sub forum, why not put it there in the first place :wink:

Ha ha well played sir. This game is still fun
  • Options

Actually, he speaks for quiet a few people.

Nope.
  • Options

Actually, he speaks for quiet a few people.

Nope
  • Options
    Learn to spell quite first
  • Options

There used to be a GW megathread, like 600+ pages of GW whining? Pity it was abolished and now you see what it’s become.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

There used to be a GW megathread, like 600+ pages of GW whining? Pity it was abolished and now you see what it’s become.

its still there, and it has joined many posts in their very own sub forum.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

its still there, and it has joined many posts in their very own sub forum.

I know the megathread is still there, I was referring to the practise of moving every GW post into the megathread which was abolished.
  • Options

I know the megathread is still there, I was referring to the practise of moving every GW post into the megathread which was abolished.

This post is one that has been posted over 100's of times in different ways. U know it, we know it, just admit it and let the mods do their jobs. This belongs in the megathread. Even if it isn't, there's no where to go but trollville. Poster knows it, u know it, we all know it.
  • Options
    With the upcoming nerf to GW, we can only hope that the GW complaints die down.
  • Options

Nope they will complain it is too easy
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

Nope they will complain it is too easy

Yes, just like last time they tried to make it easier, that lasted a week, then we got this weird version, with the statement it's meant to be hard
    I saw it as a gift that it was easy, better options to try out lower toon combos
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    This post was never started about difficulty or otherwise of GW it was requesting a refresh of the toons available in GW shop, Cantina shop and guild shop.
  • Options
    You’ve already pre excluded any discussion with regards to your first post as anyone who does not agree with you has been pre labeled a troll who is a 90 pound weakling.