So I just fought a Hermit Yoda team

Caiaphas
187 posts Member
edited November 2017
I was using Talzin, Asajj, etc. and was fighting a General Kenobi-led team that included Hermit Yoda.
I did my thing ... inflicted plague, started spreading it around, and so on.
At any point at all, Hermit Yoda could have used his heal and cleansed the plague off of the whole team.
Even when Darth Nihilus and General Kenobi were at less than 50% health, Hermit Yoda used his basic (edit: or perhaps he used Master's Training on someone ... bit in either case it wasn't the all-important heal).
Needless to say, I won, solely because Hermit Yoda didn't use his heal even once.
What's up with that? That ability has a zeta option, and the AI doesn't even use it!

Replies

• Options
    Well @CG_Kozispoon is there an explanation or is it a bug
  • Options
    Give Yoda a break, he's practically on his deathbed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This has nothing to do with strategy and I feel needs to be in the bugs section.
    This is a big that needs to be fixed by CG because this is a toon that many people have spent ALL their TB currency on. He has the kit to be a very awesome meta changing character, but with the AI doing what it does, hermit is near useless in the pvp arena.
    Please CG make hermit use his ENTIRE kit you gave to him
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »

This has nothing to do with strategy and I feel needs to be in the bugs section.
    This is a big that needs to be fixed by CG because this is a toon that many people have spent ALL their TB currency on. He has the kit to be a very awesome meta changing character, but with the AI doing what it does, hermit is near useless in the pvp arena.

While this isn't strategy for sure, bug posts don't start out with "so I just fought a hermit Yoda team"
  • GildoMcFlay
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It sucks CG won't comment on whether this is getting fixed or not. If they won't fix his AI he is an expensive waste of a zeta and lot's of potential G12 gear.
  • Options
    They get around fixing it just like they did for thrawn ai. OG try reppost in the correct section. With a better title.
  • Options
    It'll get fixed when more people unlock him and the forums start rioting that their slow-TB-toon-farm isn't paying off.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It'll get fixed when more people unlock him and the forums start rioting that their slow-TB-toon-farm isn't paying off.

I don't know... General G been a terrible character for a very long time.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    plauge can't be cured by ally cleanses.

But yes, he doesn't use the move in questoin on defense
  • Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »

While this isn't strategy for sure, bug posts don't start out with "so I just fought a hermit Yoda team"

This one did.
    HK666 wrote: »
    plauge can't be cured by ally cleanses.

But yes, he doesn't use the move in questoin on defense

True, but Plague can be cured by healing to full.
  • Options
    He does use the SFFF move on defense - I think you just missed it because it looks similar to the basic and you get a heal / prot bump as well on both. I fight a HYoda team daily and I see it because I'm also using EP and shock blocks heals - but Yoda will still heal through it with the equalize. It's a GK / Yoda / Barriss team.
  • Options
    It will be fixed on August
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    It will be fixed on August

This guy knows the answer.
  • Options
    I've fought Hermit Yoda and he often uses the special that heals and restores protection.

He just uses it about as badly as all healers do on defense.
  • Options
    I don't think you can code it to be optimal. Say for example, people seem to want it coded to restore protection first, but to what extent? So let's take raid Han, he leads off match and does some damage to 1 toon. Now it's the AI's hYoda turn...do you want him to use the special with only 1 ally having some protection missing and everyone else at full? That's seems really wasteful as the heal / equalize is of no use and 4/5 of the team sees no protection benefit. Also, he'd skip using the MT ability, which is really great. The coding to use a heal / protection / equalize skill optimally would be much more complex than anything the game has coded now.
  • GildoMcFlay
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't think you can code it to be optimal. Say for example, people seem to want it coded to restore protection first, but to what extent? So let's take raid Han, he leads off match and does some damage to 1 toon. Now it's the AI's hYoda turn...do you want him to use the special with only 1 ally having some protection missing and everyone else at full? That's seems really wasteful as the heal / equalize is of no use and 4/5 of the team sees no protection benefit. Also, he'd skip using the MT ability, which is really great. The coding to use a heal / protection / equalize skill optimally would be much more complex than anything the game has coded now.

Its obviously never going to be optimal...the point is it could be a ton better. The fix could literally be as simple as code in order of priority MT 1, SFFTF 2, basic 3. MT gets used turn 1 4 7 10, SFFTF 2 6 10...you end up 10 turns into the fight before the two intersect. Most fights by then are already decided anyhow...I'd rather have a less than optimal action on turn 10 than a character that has many less than optimal actions prior to that. That could be the difference of 20% health, 30% protection, and 2 rounds of foresight by the time you get to turn 10 vs spamming his basic because some character at 60% health didn't trigger its use...just to have that character get one shot by Han or CLS shortly thereafter. Meanwhile if HY just used SFFTF said character could literally have dodged an attack with the extra foresight, absorbed another hit from the health/protection restore, and live to take another action. By HY's second turn you'll have a few characters at least missing some protection, and if you are playing a Jedi squad a round a foresight is always welcome.

Who is the best active heal in the game right now? Its Shoretrooper by far. Why is it? Because he spams his heal like its a buff and the heal is just a side effect. Well why is 2/3 of the benefit of HY's heal not related to health...yet its only triggered by health. There is no excuse for that...the character's AI is broken and needs a fix.
  • Options

Its obviously never going to be optimal...the point is it could be a ton better. The fix could literally be as simple as code in order of priority MT 1, SFFTF 2, basic 3. MT gets used turn 1 4 7 10, SFFTF 2 6 10...you end up 10 turns into the fight before the two intersect. Most fights by then are already decided anyhow...I'd rather have a less than optimal action on turn 10 than a character that has many less than optimal actions prior to that. That could be the difference of 20% health, 30% protection, and 2 rounds of foresight by the time you get to turn 10 vs spamming his basic because some character at 60% health didn't trigger its use...just to have that character get one shot by Han or CLS shortly thereafter. Meanwhile if HY just used SFFTF said character could literally have dodged an attack with the extra foresight, absorbed another hit from the health/protection restore, and live to take another action. By HY's second turn you'll have a few characters at least missing some protection, and if you are playing a Jedi squad a round a foresight is always welcome.

Who is the best active heal in the game right now? Its Shoretrooper by far. Why is it? Because he spams his heal like its a buff and the heal is just a side effect. Well why is 2/3 of the benefit of HY's heal not related to health...yet its only triggered by health. There is no excuse for that...the character's AI is broken and needs a fix.

So the folks with it zeta'd get a better HYoda (I'd tend to agree), but still not optimal. Meanwhile, the folks with no zeta on SFFF that have Yoda farmed get a notably worse HYoda AI as it would be a burnt turn. Let's assume a 50/50 zeta fill rate on SFFF from the player base just for simplicity - you'd code it to use SFFF primarily in that case? If so, you're giving 50% of the players a moderately better AI and 50% a significantly worse AI since with no zeta there will be no protection gain at all. I don't think it's as simple as saying the kit is broken because the better AI depends on a zeta being in place or not. If that were an omega - sure 100% - but it's a zeta and those can't be assumed to have a >50% placement rate.
  • Options

So the folks with it zeta'd get a better HYoda (I'd tend to agree), but still not optimal. Meanwhile, the folks with no zeta on SFFF that have Yoda farmed get a notably worse HYoda AI as it would be a burnt turn. Let's assume a 50/50 zeta fill rate on SFFF from the player base just for simplicity - you'd code it to use SFFF primarily in that case? If so, you're giving 50% of the players a moderately better AI and 50% a significantly worse AI since with no zeta there will be no protection gain at all. I don't think it's as simple as saying the kit is broken because the better AI depends on a zeta being in place or not. If that were an omega - sure 100% - but it's a zeta and those can't be assumed to have a >50% placement rate.

*Yawn*

You are just being a **** because you don't want HYoda cleansing plague on your Talzin team. You might as well just argue Barriss with an omega'd basic shouldn't ever use her heal because if she has a level 1 heal it heals less on average than her basic.

In other words, high end characters that take months to acquire at the sacrifice of G12 gear shouldn't be balanced for mid-level play, and the zeta thing won't even be as much an issue for people going forward because TW will be giving us another source of zeta mats. My Hyoda stinks until I have him zeta'd puts him on par with many other characters that need zetas to be good, which is a lot better than the alternative of just leaving him suck.
  • Options

*Yawn*

You are just being a **** because you don't want HYoda cleansing plague on your Talzin team. You might as well just argue Barriss with an omega'd basic shouldn't ever use her heal because if she has a level 1 heal it heals less on average than her basic.

In other words, high end characters that take months to acquire at the sacrifice of G12 gear shouldn't be balanced for mid-level play, and the zeta thing won't even be as much an issue for people going forward because TW will be giving us another source of zeta mats. My Hyoda stinks until I have him zeta'd puts him on par with many other characters that need zetas to be good, which is a lot better than the alternative of just leaving him suck.

He uses it now vs. my Talzin teams because plague ignores protection so their health is compromised immediately and it procs the SFFF, but I use heal blocking mechanics here as well and so it doesn't matter....so YAWN to you for not really knowing how this fight works out and making a very bad assumption. Honestly I don't care what they do with him - but pointing out he has a unique situation with which should take priority. The omega comparison on Barriss is off because they are much more common and you can assume they will be added. You can't do that with a zeta - you would be nerfing many people's Yoda's on D if you changed it away from the basic.

And, I'm just 1 implant from having my Yoda G11. Can't wait till he's 7* G12. He's a great character and good on D even without using the SFFF primary vs. most opponents.

With all due respect - if you think he sucks without the zeta than you just aren't putting a solid team together. The basic and Master's Training skill are plenty potent even without the zeta.