I'm totally confused with some mechanics

In my arena shard most of the players I must fight field rebel teams with CLS and R2D2. I use sith Zmaul team. Not very successfully, but at least I stay in top-100. Could someone please explain or give a link to clarify these mechanics:
1. R2D2 gives 10% accuracy to his team. Zmaul - 20% evasion. Is it 20-10=10% dodge chance left? If so, why the hell team with r2d2 always hits even without "burning" applied? I'm serious, dodges can happen, but at the same rate as enemies dodge, so it seems only base 2% is active. I made a previous post about my "luck", but ****, it should be mathmatics, not karma.
2. CLS gives +50% defence, how it affects the tenacity? And how tenacity affects potency? My team depends on status effects somethat. CLS in CLS lead teams can't be affected by anything but Nihilus health down, ok, he has +100% tenacity. But why all other memebers resist like crazy too, even if they have less tenacity than my attackers have potency?

Replies

• Options
    Moved to Arena & Character Strategy.

I appreciate your posting in a subforum, but in this particular case, it’s more strategy/help than feedback. :)
  • weldon08
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It’s not an answer really, but to your first point your making the wrong assumption that your squad stats and the opponent squad stats cancel each other out with math. You still have a 20% evasion chance not a 10%, the other squad has 10% increased accuracy on each toon, not overall. You have to take into account each individual toons accuracy and add 10% onto that. The other problem is that you’re assuming a percentage chance is equal to a ratio occurrence. It’s like a lottery, more tickets doesn’t increase your odds. Each defense has a 20% chance of being evaded, not 1/5 of attacks will be evaded.
  • Options
    Maybe it's because you're taking your car to the wrong kind of "Mechanic"??
  • Options

I admire your ability to give such useful and witty comments. You shouldn't spend your time on such a insignificant post as mine, tv shows scenarios should be your vocation.
  • Svyatosha
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    weldon08 wrote: »
    It’s not an answer really, but to your first point your making the wrong assumption that your squad stats and the opponent squad stats cancel each other out with math. You still have a 20% evasion chance not a 10%, the other squad has 10% increased accuracy on each toon, not overall. You have to take into account each individual toons accuracy and add 10% onto that. The other problem is that you’re assuming a percentage chance is equal to a ratio occurrence. It’s like a lottery, more tickets doesn’t increase your odds. Each defense has a 20% chance of being evaded, not 1/5 of attacks will be evaded.

I hope you do agree, that if we take a large enough number of events, of attacks in my case, the persentage shown in the game should be valid. The number of arena battles over a last month should give enough statistics I think, but that's not the current question. I do not understand how the things work, maybe I'm wrong to assume myself unlucky because I have a wrong understanding of all the chances and percents.
  • Options
    Its easy in terms of RNG the AI always has the advantage.
  • Options
    For your first question, @weldon08 is incorrect. Evasion and accuracy are directly opposed (it says so in the description of the accuracy stat, in fact). So yes, R2 lowers your evasion bonus to 10% (20 - 10).

For your second question, defense does not affect tenacity or debuffs. Potency and tenacity work similarly, where they cancel each other out, but if I remember right, a character ALWAYS has a base chance to resist a debuff even with 0% tenacity against 100% potency. Generally, if you don't have Potency of at least 60%+ you won't reliably land debuffs.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    @Dryff Thank you!
    Someone said each character has 15% innate chance to resist a debuff. Then tenacity is added and potency is subtracted, but 15% is a minimum, is it correct?
    If defence is out of the formula, I still wonder why I reliably stun/daze/shock, for example, first order squads, but fail against CLS rebels. FO chars have higher innate tenacity.
  • Options
    Whoops. Sorry, I always thought of it as a statistical opposition and my assumption failed me...
  • Options
    Are the bonuses multiplicative or additive though?
    If you have 30% potency and get a 50% potency buff, does that give you a total of 80% potency(30% base+50% buff)?
    Or does it give you a total of 45% potency(30% base * 1.50)?

And how do they calculate that vs the tenacity of your target? Is it a simple subtraction as in 30% potency from my dude minus 30% tenacity on the target = 0% bonus.

Or is it calculated like 30% potency vs 30% tenacity resulting in base 100+30=130 potency * 0.7(to symbolize the tenacity of the opponent) resulting in 91? As in a 9% lower then base chance?

Any threads that explain the actual math of it and base values etc, or are we just guessing and hoping?
    Pretty unclear descriptions overall in all games nowadays.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Svyatosha wrote: »

I admire your ability to give such useful and witty comments. You shouldn't spend your time on such a insignificant post as mine, tv shows scenarios should be your vocation.

Well, at least I have enough intelligence to understand game mechanics, and have actual wit. Because, you know it is hard to use the search function to get the answer to a question that has been asked 200 times.

And if we are talking about which vocation is best for each other than may I suggest sewage pipe cleaner for you??
  • Options
    There are multiple threads explaining the mechanics. Have to search for them.
    Most of the bonus is additive so 30 base Potency with 50% buff is 80% Potency.
    Resist chance = (Tenacity - Potency) to a minimum of 15%.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    There are multiple threads explaining the mechanics. Have to search for them.
    Most of the bonus is additive so 30 base Potency with 50% buff is 80% Potency.
    Resist chance = (Tenacity - Potency) to a minimum of 15%.

I think this is correct. The stats that are listed as "%" in the stat sheet are additive, the ones listed as integers are multiplicative.

Additive: critical damage, potency, tenacity, health steal, crit chance, accuracy, and evasion (20% + 20% = 40%)

Multiplicative: health, protection, speed, offense, etc. (20,000 + 20% = 24,000)

Defense and armor are weird ones :)
  • Options
    Cool, cheers for the replies fellas, been too lazy or preoccupied to search properly before and guess the moment gripped me today so figured I’d just ask.

Thanks again Huatimus and Gryff.