Endor Escalation - Minimum, best Team, Strategy

What are the reasonable minimum requirements to beat the Endor Escalation event (standard)?
(Characters, Stars, Gear level, Ability levels, Omegas, Mods)?
What are good team(s) to use?
What strategy tips (target selection, synergies to employ, etc.)

These two threads have a bit of data (buried in feedback).
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141272/endor-escalation-event-minimum-levels
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143806/endor-escalation

All the teams I have seen so far used these characters:
Chirpa lead
Ewok Elder
Teebo

Obviously any minimal team can not have Wicket above 4 star.

Which of the 3 remaining Ewoks do you use, and why?

Replies

• Options
    I make it through it.. BARELY with

Lvl 80 g9 Chirpa 6*
    Lvl 85 g8 Scout 7*
    Lvl 80 g8 elder 7*
    Lvl 80 g9 teebo 7*
    Lvl 80 g7 wicket 4*

Modest mods on all

Still takes about 20-30 tries with that team to find the right rng
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    i'm stumped here as well. i'm not a big fan of the carebears but, so far, with what i have.. i could only reach up to 2/5 and fall short soon after.

Chirpa, EwokElder, Teebo, EwokScout, Wicket

4*, 6*, 7*, 5*, 4* respectively, gear 7 for everyone, teebo gear8. all just lvl70.

they all fell short @ 2nd round.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy.
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My own experience so far:
    • Chirpa L (6*, g8, omega tribal unity, moderate mods)
    • Ewok Elder (7*, g8, omega power of forest, no mods)
    • Teebo (7*, g9, omega all but scramble tactics, moderate mods)
    • Ewok Scout (7*, g8, no omegas, no mods)
    • Logray (5*, g8, ability level 4, no mods)
    Get as far as 3rd or 4th round of battle.

I also have: Wicket (4*, g7, ability level 4, no mods)

Last time, I tried putting arena mods on my Ewoks, still couldn't get anyplace.

So trying to figure out which ones to gear up/star up.
  • Options
    Chirpa lead. G8 lvl62
    Teebo g10 lvl 80
    Elder g10 lvl 80
    Scout g8 lvl 61
    Paploo g7 lvl 65

Paploo is actually really good with dispel on his basic. Elder needs to be fast and you need to time the heals.

It takes a few tries, but this team can get through it.
  • Options
    No point. Not even trying, cg seemed to have raise the difficulty
  • Options
    +30 speed arrows on all 5 make a huge difference. For me, that was the difference between dying in p4/p5 and besting it on first attempt.

Chirpa, Teebo, elder, scout 7* lvl 85 g8
    Logray 5* lvl 85 g7
  • Options
    Chirpa 7*, Teebo 7*, Elder 7*, Scout 7*, Wicket 4*. Chripa is g9, Teebo, Elder and Scout g8, Wicket g7. Wicket's abilities are all level 3, everyone else's abilities are 7, except Chirpa's leader skill, which is omega'd.

I gave everyone a +30 speed arrow, then filled in the rest with Health Up set mods with nothing in particular. Teebo has most of a Potency set already because I use him in the Rancor raid, so he was pretty high potency (not logged in right now so I can't check the amount). But the important thing to bear in mind is that, aside from the speed arrow, everyone had pretty mediocre stuff equipped.

What helped most was in phase 4 killing off the magmatroopers (or whatever they are) first, since their AoE does a lot of damage. Only call Elder (to give turn meter) or Teebo (to drop the enemy's turn meter) with Wicket's assist. You need to keep calling Elder so he can get as many turns in as possible to keep the cleanse available for when the AT-ST AoEs.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Thank you for the tips, I got it with:
    • Chirpa L (6*, g8, omega tribal unity, moderate mods)
    • Ewok Elder (7*, g8, omega power of forest, arena mods)
    • Teebo (7*, g9, omega all but scramble tactics, moderate mods)
    • Wicket (4*, g7, ability level 4, arena mods)
    • Ewok Scout (7*, g8, no omegas, arena mods)

This team did not require many attempts.
    Of these, I think Chirpa, Elder, Teebo and Wicket were particularly important.
    NicWester's suggestion to call EE as well as Teebo with Wicket's assist calls helped.
  • Options
    I struggled this time around and ran out of time to reconfigure my team. So frustrating to get to last phase and to be wiped out by the ATST. I sank 5m credits into speed mods, levelling Paploo to 80 (all others at lvl 85). There's just too many events on at the moment.

I reckon I need to max out Teebos potency so that he inflicts TM reduction. I led with Teebo too as leading with 5* Chirpa failed for me
  • Options
    I struggled this time around and ran out of time to reconfigure my team. So frustrating to get to last phase and to be wiped out by the ATST. I sank 5m credits into speed mods, levelling Paploo to 80 (all others at lvl 85). There's just too many events on at the moment.

I reckon I need to max out Teebos potency so that he inflicts TM reduction. I led with Teebo too as leading with 5* Chirpa failed for me

Sorry to hear that. The good news is that this is probably the least important existing event to nail down.
  • fotrovina
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am using:
    Ewok Elder & Ewok Scout (7* g9)
    Teebo (7* g8)
    Chief Chirpa (5* g7)
    Wicket (4* g7)

Definitely the best strategy that makes the whole fight easier is to use Wicket's special with assist on Teebo and use it on AT-ST - this way you can not only remove turn meter during Teebo's turn, but also with Wickets special...this way you can prevent AT-ST to take a turn even when your Teebo is slower than AT-ST...
    Another tip is to always save Chirpa's special swarm attack for trooper phases (phase 2 and phase 4) and use it to quickly get rid off (or at least deal massive damage) to one of the troopers...
  • Options
    Added tip: The way I did it was when the AT-ST is on the screen as an enemy to attack only attack him. Thats phase 1,3,5. Don't attack the scouts troopers. Once the AT-ST falls you don't have to attack the scout troopers
  • Options
    anyoe pass this with g8 wookies?
  • Options
    nice job ppl. but what if i don't have wicket like op.. the purpose of event is to get a wicket and i dont have it yet..
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    This team did it for me. First try, not auto. And no Wicket involved. Though I may have geared him if I really thought about it. I didn't realize all you needed was 4*....

swgoh.gg/u/evanbio/squads/15645/
  • Options
    5* Chirpa (L) lev 80, 5* wicket lev 70, 7* teebo lev 76, 7* elder lev 75, 6* logray lev 62. All gear 8. passed it on the second try this morning.
  • Options
    I was able to beat it easily with Teebo (L), Chirpa, Elder, Scout, and Logray. Here is my swgoh: https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/

Didn't take much effort, just ignore the troopers on the ground for rounds 1, 3 and 5, take out the healing troopers in 2 and 4, and show no mercy to AAT in round 5. None of them are past g8, but I feel I modded them appropriately.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    G12 all the ewoks
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    anyoe pass this with g8 wookies?
    Yes, I had no major issue beating the event on first try with the following lv85, 7*, g8 team: Chirpa(L), Logray, scout, elder, Teebo. Did it twice even as I saved crystals for the refresh.

I beat the event previously with the same team except lv80 and 6* Logray and Shirpa. Got their last star very recently.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    G12 all the ewoks

So helpful.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I pushed EE to g11, he’s fairly easy to get that high, then the rest are g7 and g8, and EE just keeps reviving and debuffing the rest.
  • Options
    On the AT-ST waves, focus only on the walker. The scouts hit as hard as lettuce on a warm day.
    On the trooper waves, do everything you can to eliminate the Recon Stormtroopers first, then the Stormtrooper Commander. Leave the stock Stormtroopers for last.
    Save Teebo's debuff for the Stormtrooper taunt.
    Save EE's cleanse for the AT-ST AoE.

Teebo, EE and Scout at G10; and CC and Logray at G9 will get it done for you.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    G12 all the ewoks

If you can't beat any event with G12 toons in this game, you should probably just quit.
  • Options
    So here is the squad that I used...

Chirpa (L) G9
    Teebo G11
    Elder G10
    Scout G8
    Paploo G7

Mods are not optimized but I do have +30 Speed mods on all but Scout. There are a couple of keys that I use when playing this. First, for battles with the AT-ST active, I only attack it. Seems obvious but figured I'd state it. Second, I also tend to kill the Healing Trooper first to avoid the heals. Third, if the AT-ST is not attackable, I tend to hold back CC's buffs until after its first attack since it defuffs everyone.

Otherwise, use TM reduction when you can for Teebo when stealthed, and use Paploo & Teebo for debuffs. I tend to focus on one toon at a time given the weak damage that the little bears cause, with Elder debuffing/healing, and reviving toons as needed.

This works pretty well but not 100% of the time. I probably end up winning 3 out of 4 tries. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I have 5 Ewok, but Paplpoo and chirpa are only 4*. I do have decent Elder scout and Teebo though.

Looking forward to trying it.
  • Scottacus
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Two tries after I settled on this lineup:

Chirpa (L): 7* g8
    EE: 7* g8
    Paploo: 7* g7
    Teebo: 7* g7
    Wicket: 6* g7

It was pretty dicey at times, I had to revive a lot and everyone was down pretty low more than once. My mods were nothing special, but all lvl 15. The posts above are pretty old, but still relevant—ignore the troopers on the waves you can damage the walker, give turn meter to EE when you can, use paploo's basic to dispell buffs, and be prepared to revive often.

FWIW, I tried 3-4 times with Logray and Scout instead of Teebo and Wicket because my Wicket is only 6* and Logray is 7* g8, but the lineup above worked better for me. Wicket's assist is awesome and I assume Teebo was doing some turn meter wizardry I didn't bother to keep up with.

Edit: I should mention all my ewoks are level 85. I'm guessing level 80 was the cap when this was originally posted.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Scottacus wrote: »

Edit: I should mention all my ewoks are level 85. I'm guessing level 80 was the cap when this was originally posted.

So you knew it was a necro?