Characters at low stars?

How viable are toons that are only at 3-5 stars? I have baze ready to go at 4 and chirrut at 7 and was just wondering if this is enough for their combo to be good :)

Replies

• Options
    2 things

1. What's the gear level

2. What r u using them for
  • Options
    smninja73 wrote: »
    2 things

1. What's the gear level

2. What r u using them for

I have enough gear to bring chirrut to 10 and baze to 9 :) using them for GW, raids, and TB :)
  • Options
    It depends. 3-4* Tanks are okay for things like Arena. Attackers aren't. Attackers MUST be 7*.
    For Raids, I doubt you can participate in them with 3-4* chars. For GW - same as Arena. Still g11 is recommended.
  • Options
    Generally, tanks are fine as long as you can get enough protect on them. And protect isn't affected by stars. Most non-tanks need stars, however.
  • Options
    It depends. 3-4* Tanks are okay for things like Arena. Attackers aren't. Attackers MUST be 7*.
    For Raids, I doubt you can participate in them with 3-4* chars. For GW - same as Arena. Still g11 is recommended.

Ooohhh that was stupid of me. I forgot Star requirements were a thing lol but ok! :)
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Generally, tanks are fine as long as you can get enough protect on them. And protect isn't affected by stars. Most non-tanks need stars, however.

Ok! :)
  • Options
    Baze should be just fine at 4*

Baze and GK have the most protection in the game as they gain gear levels. Way above any other LS tanks.

Baze has the added advantage of heal over time and health equalization from Chirrut.

For baze, you want to give him protection arrow, triangle, circle and cross.

Just keep gearing him and getting his shards. He is amazing
  • Options
    Easy rule of thumb: the lower your stars the higher your gear level needs to be.

But for what you want to use Chaze for, I'd say 4 and 7 stars work.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

I disagree with the attackers needing to be 7* I have a guild mate that uses an all empire team with a Thrawn lead and his DT and DK are 5* and he hits top 10 daily it's all about the mods if you have high speed mods and can go first always you have the upper hand even against CLS teams
  • Options
    Good is all relative...that combo may be good enough but as the others said....what's good enough? TB and GW you may be fine depending on usage. Will you own Arena with it... probably not...but it could be plenty good on a setup team in GW to peel off one or two toons in a high GW node for example
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thrawn would work at 5*
    Raid Han hits hard even at 5*
    DN can still anihilate at low stars

Gear level needs to be high of course to kep them alive

There special characters like chaze, and especially the event and raid characters, that have such a good tool kit can be viable before reaching 7*
  • Options
    For GW low stars can still be helpful. Sometimes sending in a suicide team to take out one character can make a node much easier.
    Or to finish off an enemy having a savage boba or death knight to get a kill shot.
    Low star leaders just for their leader ability.
    Etc.

• Options
    If you can keep him alive, Nihilus kills instantly regardless of his star level.
  • Options
    Support generally works at lower stars also.