Dealing with Dooku

Hi folks

I'm trying to deal with dooku as he's appearing more and more in match ups. What is the best way to deal with him?

I have been trying to leave him for last to avoid giving him extra attacks. I don't have too many heavy hitters to take him out in a few shots. Should I leave him for last, or just try to blow him up as fast as possible? What has worked for you?

My team is typically:

7 star sid as lead.
7 star lumi
7 star poggle
7 star ig 86
5 star rey.

Everyone is gear 8, except for rey who is gear 7.

Thanks!

Ragincake

Replies

• Options
    I saw that it wasn't working from an earlier thread, but to make sure can you guys confirm if it is or isnt?. Thx
  • Options
    I don't think any of the evasion leader abilities work. Dooku and Ben will not work.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Rey should be able to 1 shot him or get very close, otherwise don't use Jedi to hit him unless you can kill him like with lumi's force blast. avoid hitting him with small damage as that's how he gains traction against you
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Yeah. My old Ben leader ability stop working at lv7 would really love the dev team fix it on the next update but I don't think they r even aware of these bugs
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They are rich businessmen now. Very busy schedule.
  • Options
    Well there goes that idea. I was planning on having dooku leader. So many bugs ugh..
  • Options
    Anyway Dookus leader ability + counters would be useless. Should be changed
  • Options
    I have some of those characters on my squad... Use Poggle's special to gain extra offense. Use Sid's special to damage everyone. Dooku will counter, but Sid will gain back the health when Dooku dies. Use IG-86's special or Rey's special, which should one-shot him. If not, hit him with the 2nd one too. You'll take some damage from the counters, but Dooku doesn't hit that hard, and you have Lumi's heal that you can use to clean up if needed.
  • Options
    Thanks folks. I'll try it out.
  • Options
    Wreck him fast. Dooku should never be left on the board for one second longer than is necessary.
  • Options
    Always kill Dooku as fast as possible. Sid AOE on turn 1 and IG86 assist skill or Rey will kill him 90% of the time. Then heal up.

He becomes a nuance the longer he is on the field especially if they have any assist skills. He does bonus damage when attacking outside of his turn.
  • Options
    Bad suggestion to use Sid's AOE. Quite often, Dooku attacks twice and Sid is half dead afterwards. Just one more hit and he s gone
    I wonder that you ve trouble with him!
    A Poggle buffed 86 should one-shoot CD most of the times ...
    But your Team should bring him down in first round easily
  • Options
    I think I've give him too much respect and I've always just been able to heal through his attacks. But as I face stronger dooku toons, my strategy of leaving him alone is a bad one.

Thanks again.

Ragin.
  • Options
    Biggest problem with the higher level Dooku is the stuns.

He can cause mayhem if allowed to freely stun your characters and both his attacks have the ability to stun as long as you have a few Jedi on your team.
  • Options
    just kill Dooku first, you should have no problem with 86 and Rey
  • Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To the OP.

- Stun him then he won't counter attack (Old Daka is great vs him)
    - One shot him with high DPS toons
    - Use Doku yourself. With RNG It looks like enemy Doku hits often mine. Your Doku will counter attack him.
    - Use Kylo Ren. Free cd. Spam aoe all day
    - Care with AOE
    - Don't run to much Jedi
  • Options
    Ragincake wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'm trying to deal with dooku as he's appearing more and more in match ups. What is the best way to deal with him?

I have been trying to leave him for last to avoid giving him extra attacks. I don't have too many heavy hitters to take him out in a few shots. Should I leave him for last, or just try to blow him up as fast as possible? What has worked for you?

My team is typically:

7 star sid as lead.
    7 star lumi
    7 star poggle
    7 star ig 86
    5 star rey.

Thanks!

Ragincake

1 thing Savage Opress
  • Options
    w0rl0ck wrote: »
    Ragincake wrote: »
    Hi folks

My team is typically:

7 star sid as lead.
    7 star lumi
    7 star poggle
    7 star ig 86
    5 star rey.

Thanks!

Ragincake

1 thing Savage Opress

My team

7* sid
    7*phasma
    7*dach
    7*savage
    6*boba

All 8-9 gear.

As soon as i see a dooku on opposite team i set all att on him unless there is a poe or han. I usually kill dooku in first or second round of attacks
  • Options
    I always leave dooku last. Unless my daka stuns then I capitalize on dooku not being able to counter. Or use sid to wittle him down while getting free heals when other toons die.
  • Options
    I always leave dooku last. Unless my daka stuns then I capitalize on dooku not being able to counter. Or use sid to wittle him down while getting free heals when other toons die.

yeah,that is the best way to deal wtih him. I also use Kylo's AoE and finish him off with outrage.
  • Options
    In GW I run a Jedi heavy, Lumi, Barris lead, QGJ. So leaving him last is highly situational, I have to blow him up first with Sid and GS.
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    He's a difficult toon to manage for sure. I leave him till the end as I run three Jedi in a speed oriantated QGJ led team so mostly he only gets a few attacks in before I get to him unless I get really unluckily and double stunned or something. But yeah, I think letting him knock your health early in a battle with counters/bonuscounters could put you in serious danger of losing important toons early.
  • Options
    I usually wait till later in the match.

I usually wait until I have GS with offense up then I use special which is always a one shot as long as I don't get a dodge.

With phasma lead and turn meter gain plus GS getting his own turn meter gain he is going all the time.