My GW 12th Node

Fist time Im using this applycation for pic so I hope it works. Basically I get this today 2gt96b5.jpg
The guys not even in my shard. No Lukes in my shard
and His GP is Double mine
30k7jnn.png

So whats up with that

Replies

• Options
    Galactic War is broken. I run into G12 maxed zeta teams every day in nodes 4, 9, and 12
  • Options
    Substitute poe for general kenoby or GAT and thats my node 12. Nodes 6,9, 11 and 12 are g11 and g12 zetad nodes for me. Sometimes i run into 4 CLS teams in one gw.
  • Options
    I've found the best thing is to start gw with ad hoc teams with a mixture of g8 and trash toons that can clear but likely take losses. Can make it to the halfway point before htting a decent team that requires a b or c team to beat.

After that I've found its important to have some trash teams to throw at the 8th node or so where they are supposed to loose before your b or c team cleans up. When I didn't do this I ran into a 12th node like yours. Basically if you have a group of sub level 50 toons throw them at the node.

Maybe I'm lucky but this method has reliably kept the power creep in check so the 12th node is difficult but not impossible for my arena team and I beat gw daily with periodical exceptions when I don't follow the above rules. My best guess is that gw calculates the next team based on how easy you beat the last one. If you steamroll too many teams it seems to get "angry" and do its level best to steamroll you on the 12th node.
  • Options
    That’s easy compared to what I get. Get a resistance team going. Only way to make GW bearable.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I appreciate the tutorial on Game play, I have an A,B,C and D team. But this is redonculus. Why do I have someone in GW and a toon who's not even in my shard ? Isn't GW suppose to be based of your Arena Shard occupants? Not to mention his GP is Double mine, and his toon power is Triple.
  • Options
    GW is unrelated to your Arena shard.
  • Options
    Botzone1 wrote: »
    Why do I have someone in GW and a toon who's not even in my shard ? Isn't GW suppose to be based of your Arena Shard occupants? Not to mention his GP is Double mine, and his toon power is Triple.
    Squad Arena groups players together who reached level 28 at roughly the same time as each other. Within a period of a couple weeks, more or less.

Galactic War draws your opponents from the entire pool of players regardless of their account's size (Galactic Power) or age. You will frequently be matched against accounts that are bigger & older than yours. Eventually when you raise your best squads' power rating just barely high enough to qualify to pull in "maxed" opponent squads, you may find yourself matched against some of the oldest, biggest, most highly ranked and best-modded accounts in the entire world.

That's the system.
  • Options
    GW has nothing to do with your shard. Each node is randomly generated based on power. 12th Node is obviously the hardest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    GW is 5v5. who the other player is doesn't have anything to do with the matching, nor should it.

GW is matching your rated GW power to a player of a % of that power at each node. the last 2 nodes are over 100%.

Moved to correct sub forum. There are some good posts around here with strategies to help get better at and get through GW
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    who the other player is doesn't have anything to do with the matching, nor should it.
    Why not? Once you start pulling opponents from the upper limits of possible squad power, the pool of opponents is narrowed down to a relatively small and specific group of accounts.

At which point it pretty much is all about the "who" just as much as it is about the numbers. See threads about "I get same 1 or 2 opponents GW node 12 every day" whenever something that raises the power limits is added to the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    who the other player is doesn't have anything to do with the matching, nor should it.
    Why not? Once you start pulling opponents from the upper limits of possible squad power, the pool of opponents is narrowed down to a relatively small and specific group of accounts. At which point it pretty much is all about the "who" just as much as it is about the numbers.

because its 5v5 and is based on the players power. why would who the player is or their overall roster or anything have to do with a single 5v5 selection?
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    why would who the player is or their overall roster or anything have to do with a single 5v5 selection?
    That's a good question, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for an official answer that justifies the fact that it does have something to do with it.

If your point is "what's the difference?", obviously the difference is mods (especially regarding how long it can take to develop an optimal set of mods) and access to premium/"endgame" characters (or even specific combinations of them -- the "meta"). The OP already raised one of those issues, saying he doesn't even know anybody in his Squad Arena group who has the characters that GW requires him to fight.

No, high GP doesn't automatically translate into a monstrous GW squad. But there's a strong correlation between the two things. Pretending it isn't true is, well, a little bit less than honest imo.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Options
    GW is 5v5. who the other player is doesn't have anything to do with the matching, nor should it.

GW is matching your rated GW power to a player of a % of that power at each node. the last 2 nodes are over 100%.

Moved to correct sub forum. There are some good posts around here with strategies to help get better at and get through GW

Over 300%
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Over 300%

its actually around 112-115% i believe from one of the studies someone posted.
  • Options

Over 300%

So clearly you can see that this guy is 300% better than me. This is why Im having a rant.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    GW is definitely not comprised of your shard folks.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Over 300%

So clearly you can see that this guy is 300% better than me. This is why Im having a rant.

It's not 112-115% of your GP, it's 112-115% of the old stat power (which you can still see on swgoh.gg).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You're not even fighting his entire roster, where did you get "300% better than you" from?
    And besides, it has been mentioned many times here, GW has nothing to do with your Arena Leaderboard or your GP.
  • Options

Over 300%

Let's say his squad has 90k power. Your squad has 30k power? You definitely can't expect to win GW with a 30k power squad.