My Rebels Team - best tank?

Hi guys, need advice which tank to use. I am lv76, my team is Wiggs 7*g8 lead, Biggs 7*G9, Lando 7*G8, Boba 7*G8 and Zeb 7*G8. Thinking about changing Zeb for Old Ben (not so good yey), RG(6*g7) or maybe Kanan (7*g7). I dont have STHan yet. Also planning to switch Boba or Lando for Chirrut soon.

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for any reply
  • Options
    Old Ben is better than st han in general, but both are equally bad against DN, but old ben zeta at least can give another round of taunt (not that i recommend old ben zeta).

Eventually, you need an autotaunt like baze or gk to struggle less.

Keep boba for his ability block and execute dispel, and take out lando, whose aoe will hurt you against counter teams or rex, but i think chirut is too squishy without baze. Ezra might be better in that spot.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    RG is good for his auto taunt, but with Rebels being so squishy, he might not activate in time. STHan is a good goal to work towards, imo. Lots of tm for Rebels between Han's taunt and Wedge's lead. That's about all the help I have for you lol. Sorry.
  • Options
    Old Ben is an excellent tank, go with him.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Old Ben is an excellent tank, go with him.

You don't get the TM benefits of STH, but Ben's ability block really comes in handy and you should have more than enough offense with Wiggs (and don't forget to speed Biggs up - at least one of their toons should be long dead before they get to go). A fast Ben works out best since his AI runs the ability block first, then the taunt, hopefully leaving your squad to face nothing but four basic attacks before their second round.
  • Options
    You will eventually need both if you want Commander Luke...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    You will eventually need both if you want Commander Luke...

True that. My OB wasn't even unlocked last time, maxed now, still don't use him. But I don't use a tank with my Rebels and I run Zader in Arena, so I'm not well-versed on his usefulness.
  • Options
    You need both for CLS, but old ben will take you much farther in arena, and i used st han fpr a long time, so i know
  • Options
    When i started using rebels i had a G11 StHan and G9 OB.
    I started using han cuz he was much better geared and wroked fine... One day i tried OB instead of han and i found my team was much better than using sthan xD

This TM gain from han is so good but i found he gets dispelled so early almost in every match... While OB mind tricks is a great defensive skill and if some enemys resist their effects it also gives ur team some TM, as well as OB taunt xD

I would say OB is the best choice as rebel tank if u dont have GK
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    When i started using rebels i had a G11 StHan and G9 OB.
    I started using han cuz he was much better geared and wroked fine... One day i tried OB instead of han and i found my team was much better than using sthan xD

This TM gain from han is so good but i found he gets dispelled so early almost in every match... While OB mind tricks is a great defensive skill and if some enemys resist their effects it also gives ur team some TM, as well as OB taunt xD

I would say OB is the best choice as rebel tank if u dont have GK

I have OB and GK both at G12 and OB is better imo. Granted the zeta on his taunt is a big part of what makes him better and is irrelevant to the OP right now, but then again so is GK.
  • Options
    I had a pretty low opinion of old Ben before this thread, I'll have to take another look. ST han also tanks for the scoundrels so he seemed like a no brainer when I was a noob.
  • Options
    I had a pretty low opinion of old Ben before this thread, I'll have to take another look. ST han also tanks for the scoundrels so he seemed like a no brainer when I was a noob.

STH was a good tank once upon a time, but there are too many dispellers that can easily remove his taunt and too many big hitters that can take him down without giving enough TM to be worth it. His zeta is pathetic.

Ben was only good as a sacrifice and a dodge lead before his rework. Now he is a great tank that can bring a lot of utility and has 2 genuinely good zetas. My only complaint about him vs GK is that GK has more direct tank gear at G12, Ben has pieces that give him more damage which is a waste. But other than that I like him a lot better than GK (for reference I run CLS, Han, R2, Thrawn, Ben).
  • Options
    I am at a similar level as you and Old Ben has worked really well for me i currently run
    Wedge(L), Biggs, Ezra, Leia, and Old Ben.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sort of moving this from another thread, but would you guys prefer Ben or Baze to put with Wiggs R2 and Raid Han? In my shard there are a ton of teams with Chaze Wiggs +1. My initial thought, just based on facing those teams, is that Baze would work better. My Biggs is fast enough to go before their Biggs in most cases, but going against Baze means that their Wiggs gets a triple shot off before I can get around Baze to kill Wedge. Putting a Baze in on my team would seem to help counter this more than adding Old Ben.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Baze is nearly worthless without Chirrut, and vice versa.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I've heard otherwise, curious to see how many agree with you.

In that comp I'm thinking of, Baze's sole purpose would be to keep the enemy Wiggs from taking out my Wedge first, which Old Ben wouldn't help with...

Although maybe with Raid Han he could help? Raid Han stuns Biggs, which gives time for Ben to get his taunt up?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've heard otherwise, curious to see how many agree with you.

In that comp I'm thinking of, Baze's sole purpose would be to keep the enemy Wiggs from taking out my Wedge first, which Old Ben wouldn't help with...

Although maybe with Raid Han he could help? Raid Han stuns Biggs, which gives time for Ben to get his taunt up?

I like to focus on Wedge first. Going after Biggs usually activates his unique, so a stun just becomes full tm removal, essentially. Obviously a good thing, but then you still have Wedge's aoe to worry about. Focusing on Wedge first takes a big part of Biggs' lethal assist ability out of the equation, and prevents Wedge's strong aoe.

But to actually answer your question, yes, stunning Biggs would more than likely give you time to get taunt up. Although, using OB's ability block/tm removal skill would probably be better.
  • Options
    Sort of moving this from another thread, but would you guys prefer Ben or Baze to put with Wiggs R2 and Raid Han? In my shard there are a ton of teams with Chaze Wiggs +1. My initial thought, just based on facing those teams, is that Baze would work better. My Biggs is fast enough to go before their Biggs in most cases, but going against Baze means that their Wiggs gets a triple shot off before I can get around Baze to kill Wedge. Putting a Baze in on my team would seem to help counter this more than adding Old Ben.

If you have baze, get chirut from fleet and dont look back. Keep getting baze with crystals until you unlock his hard mode challenge
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »

If you have baze, get chirut from fleet and dont look back. Keep getting baze with crystals until you unlock his hard mode challenge

Or from the Guild Events store, I got him solely from there and took me about a month
  • Options
    Lol, me too. i forgot about that.
    Baze is alot easier to get these days if you are in a decent guild. Chaze is really really good folks
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys for your comments. I will go with OB and try to get Baze as soon as possible. Got Ezra as well (7*G8) so I can change him for Lando. So for now Wiggs,Biggs,Ezra,Boba,OB. I like Landos AOE, but as you said, there is problem with counter attacks.
  • Options
    Counts wrote: »
    I am at a similar level as you and Old Ben has worked really well for me i currently run
    Wedge(L), Biggs, Ezra, Leia, and Old Ben.

Leia is great. I will go for Leia once I will be done with Tarkin, need him for r2d2 event, hopefully there will be som in few months again.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Baze is nearly worthless without Chirrut, and vice versa.

This is really not true, on their own they are very good , but together they are amazing
  • Options
    Baze is a pre-taunting tank with 2 specials that dispel buffs.... one of which dispels buffs from all enemies and the other dispels buff and turns them into debuffs. He's a stand alone tank that can get it done.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard