Rex

An add for Rex showed up when I opened my game a bit ago. I thought he was available in the shard shop but don't see him. Am I missing something? Or is he not the new shard shop character?

Replies

• Options
    Chromium exclusive.
  • Options
    The way the add looked I assumed he was available for a solo purchase pack which is how all heroes should be but that's a different story and it wasn't the case.
  • Options
    Yeah that ad ****. Saw same thing
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Red_Comet wrote: »
    The way the add looked I assumed he was available for a solo purchase pack which is how all heroes should be but that's a different story and it wasn't the case.

I'd love that. I really really want Rex and would pay a decent amount if he was a guarantee. As it stands now I don't want to plop down anything for a chance and I don't want to save up crystals otherwise used on refreshes for a chance.
  • Options
    10 grand or 10 years. I totally agree with you about being able to choose what characters you pay good money for. I have 60 characters and only upkeep 14 of them. The rest would be for sale, cheap. But of course there's no way to sell your excess toons to other players.
  • Options
    8 gave an 8 pack a shot... I got 10 Rex shards and 50 plasma shards from unlocking him with my final two caskets... Of course I already had phasma at lvl 70 max. Unlocked him twice! So stupid. But hey those 50.bonus shards will go a loooonnnnggg way in the shard shop!
  • Options
    I gave and 8 should say
  • Options
    Rex in my opinion is a complete failure due to the fact that he is Chromium only. Most whales don't want to farm just for him because of the cost so only new whales can get him. Add to that his lackluster abilities and sadly, he'll be forgotten soon....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I think he looks amazing. His problem is that he is stuck in the now completely-broken chromium model that is of no use to anyone.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    When he released, first day, he inspired me to buy Chrome again. I was very lucky apparently and went on a streak of 3 full cards, and one shard batch, providing me with a 5* Rex. Okay... I leveled him up and geared him out. This guy really sucks! Yeah, he is down 2 stars, but is sitting at 6k hps and hits like Barris. You're not missing anything by ignoring him.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Rex would be great if there were more clones to synergise with.

Problem is, there is only really Fives, the generic clone is garbage.

As it is, right now, I would love to get Rex just because it's Rex and I love CW, but I doubt I would ever use him.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Rex would be great if there were more clones to synergise with.

Problem is, there is only really Fives, the generic clone is garbage.

As it is, right now, I would love to get Rex just because it's Rex and I love CW, but I doubt I would ever use him.

You say that, but I'm going to have that generic clone 7 star'd. And he's not even the most generic, where is our all white basic clone? :p