The same general discussions for weeks

Anyone else notice how it’s the same topics for weeks on end in general discussion, and half are closed......

Replies

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks to the mods
  • Options
    This forum used to be fun. Now it's a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is not here at this time next year.
  • Options
    I know I’m stating the obvious here, but, Devs, your forum took a nose dive off a cliff into a sarlac pit when you started moving every single topic to a subsection. No one is going looking through all those subsections, most people won’t be bothered to post there either as most subsections don’t see a response from your community manager or any members of your team.
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah this forum is getting worse and worse. I used to come here and find conversations about things. Now I check and it seems like a ghost town with all the kittens.

I think I'll be sticking to reddit from here on out. Totally correct in saying there may as well not even be a forum now.
  • Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".
    No seriously just do it. The forum isn't dead. Quite frankly every time I refresh the page, I see at least 3 or 4 new threads. The forum isn't just "General Discussions".
  • Options
    Its not “alive” like it used to be, i never said it was dead. But there seems to be less and less activity here as the discussions become less and less interactive.
  • Options
    And this discussion will now die as it’s been moved to s subsection.
  • Options
    Cheers to you, who ever moved my discussion you just proved my point.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".
    No seriously just do it. The forum isn't dead. Quite frankly every time I refresh the page, I see at least 3 or 4 new threads. The forum isn't just "General Discussions".

This times whatever is sufficiently a high enough number to get the point across.

Every forum I've ever joined besides this one has merged and moved threads to keep them in the appropriate places and this is the only one where people don't seem to understand how or why it works, and how easy it is to just use the "most recent posts" feature.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It doesn’t work, go look through every subsection and see how many questions being asked go without a response, no community manager responses no dev team responses, people don’t enjoy typing out a well thought out question only to have it go completely unheard.
  • Options
    And when I click on recent discussion and see most of them don’t even have triple digit responses it tells me that most of the community isn’t here discussing things in the appropriate forum it tells me they’ve moved to a Forum that will allow the discussion to take place.
  • Options
    One more thing how is asking a question about a particular aspect of the game “feedback”?
  • Options
    Bueller?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    If we don't answer does that "prove your point" further somehow?

Seriously it's been less than 15 minutes since your previous post. It seems like you think a conversation is a complete failure unless it gets thousands of posts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Are you going to add to the discussion? Or start criticizing me?
  • Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

And how often is That? Cuz 3 or 4 is not that many
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

Quick update, recent discussions has been changed to exclude pvp and recruiting posts. This should make it more helpful.
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

As someone who is on here alot (kinda how I got this gig). There are many new posts all the time. Many in the correct sub forum too, it's glorious.
  • Options
    Thank you, i really hated seeing a bunch of recruiting threads under recent discussions.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

Quick update, recent discussions has been changed to exclude pvp and recruiting posts. This should make it more helpful.
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

As someone who is on here alot (kinda how I got this gig). There are many new posts all the time. Many in the correct sub forum too, it's glorious.

That’s fine, but the discussion should be in general for a period of time to allow more people to view the discussion before it gets placed in the correct sub forum. It’s common for people to look at general before any other sub forum, those are the discussions that receive the most attention and more often then not, responses from the devs or community manager. To deny this fact would absurd.
  • Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

Well for people like myself who are NOT here a lot, how I got this gig, it’s really annoying to have to search around for something to talk about.
  • Options
    CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

CLICK ON "DISCUSSIONS".

I think the best idea that's been had for this issue is to just delete the general section. You have so many subsections that there's a section for everything