New method of character release

I applaud the developers of this game in trying to come up with new and exciting ways of releasing characters, from tournaments to marquee events to this new recurring event structure. However this new method, in my opinion, is by far the worst. Other than purchase, for the foreseeable future they are saying that this is the only way to acquire Talzin or zombie/spirit shards, which in and of itself would be fine, but at a rate of 10 shards a month is simply ludicrous. That is worse than a hard node only farm, and those are already pretty bad. If this new structure is to be adopted for future fun to use toons (cause NS are hella fun) then can we please make these events more than just once a month? Even at a rate of 10 shards a week it would still take many months to complete the toon. By which time we will have even more toons to worry about.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They never said it will only be 10 a month. I just wanted to point out the wording was used "at least once a month" and everyone jumped on that to mean only once a month. lets give it some time and see how it rolls.

there was a statement that the new "flash events" are meant to mimic the timeline of a normal farm for gear. We also have the example of the credit heist that was stated to run 6-12 days and has hit an average of 7.7.

i understand the fear people have but there are more ingame and current examples to the contrary that everyone is ignoring and just assuming the worst. I'm not saying you have to think they are just going to give it to us, but at least be objective before grabbing the torch and pitch fork.
  • Options
    Nothing has changed this follows what they normally do with new characters that aren't legendary. They do a event for unlock plus a little extra then you can only get them through data packs. After a few months they find their way in to a store and then finally after a very long time they get a node to be farmed from. Nightsisters having a recurring event is actually better than most character availabilities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nothing has changed this follows what they normally do with new characters that aren't legendary. They do a event for unlock plus a little extra then you can only get them through data packs. After a few months they find their way in to a store and then finally after a very long time they get a node to be farmed from. Nightsisters having a recurring event is actually better than most character availabilities.

@Nocturnal_Glow That is not the case for the new NS and wicket. they will be event only for the immediate future. so they will not follow the cadence. This means they dont have a set timeline like other toons, it could be better or worse than the other farms but other farms have had a specific "farm date" after the cadence became a thing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest
  • Options
    Well colour me corrected what do you know. In any case you can probably get them higher * faster than normal cadence at least for the short term, long term might be longer though but if you wanted to 7* them in the near future then either way you would have to be willing to spend crystals.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They never said it will only be 10 a month. I just wanted to point out the wording was used "at least once a month" and everyone jumped on that to mean only once a month. lets give it some time and see how it rolls.

there was a statement that the new "flash events" are meant to mimic the timeline of a normal farm for gear. We also have the example of the credit heist that was stated to run 6-12 days and has hit an average of 7.7.

i understand the fear people have but there are more ingame and current examples to the contrary that everyone is ignoring and just assuming the worst. I'm not saying you have to think they are just going to give it to us, but at least be objective before grabbing the torch and pitch fork.
    Wicket - AT-ST came back 1 month later - so far it's right on that "at least once a month" schedule between the two times it's showed. If someone wanted to send a message that MT wasn't pay to win and that the at least portion of the statement might be flexed it could have been done already.
    OP - I totally agree, I've dolphined a bit on NS, MY is 5* plus some shards and Zombie is 4*. But even willing to do refreshes and packs I'm still looking at ~10 months for a 7* Talzin. Assuming I don't miss one and there are actually refreshes (we've not hear there will be).... and that if there are packs they're MT packs and not an impossible lottery of a general NS pack.... if if if.
    No, I'm sorry, but I find this method of release both annoying and unnecessary - even in relation to a 'hard' farm like Baze.
    So far it's just been murder bears and NS. I guess we'll just have to wait, maybe even hope, they do something more people care about (read: any rebel) and maybe we'll get the voices needed.
    #StarWarsGalaxyOfRebels
    #AcolyteShootsTwice